THE BROWNS BOARD

NYC to Cleveland

LondonBrown

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Autobahn... schmautobahn...

Wait till you get a load of "Deadman's Curve"...

don't hate on it unless you drove on it.

went to an 'open air' concert down south from wurtzburg where i was stationed one weekend. we rented a car. it just so happened it was a alfa romeo 6 speed manual. i drove that sweet bitch down there doing at least 120+. no probs over there. they don't have lanes for ladies doing their make up or old people looking at a map with their right turn signal on for 2 hours. either you can drive or you can die.

my room mate drove back from the concert weekend and all i can remember is repeatedly telling him to slow down cuz i don't want to die.

still high on that blond hash they were passing around while robert palmer did his version of 'in my system'.

paid for 2 nights in the hotel, ended up sleeping on benches both nights. germans don't fuck around when it comes to curfews.

This is the way to go.

You can get a ride on the rapid (red line) from Brook Park or W150th and not worry about finding a parking spot or getting out of downtown after the game. It will be the best 5 bucks you'll ever spend.

The Browns fans are the best, and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

I've been riding the red line for years. I live 2 minutes from the Brookpark station. It is the 2nd stop heading into downtown, so the trains are always empty. plenty of seats to be had. The 1st stop is the airport, and no one gets on there, unless they are staying at the airprt hotels.

Dead Man's Curve

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Dead Man's Curve is a crescent or horseshoe-shaped section of a road that has claimed lives because of numerous traffic accidents. The term is in common use in the United States, while the related term hairpin turn is more widely used in other parts of the world.

Ohio

250px-Deadmans.JPG
Dead Man's Curve in Cleveland, Ohio

Dead Man's Curve was constructed as part of the Innerbelt project in 1959.[27] It soon became apparent that the curve was too sharp for travel at typical Interstate speeds, and in 1965, the state lowered the speed limit from 50 mph (80 km/h) to 35 mph (56 km/h).[citation needed] Four years later,[not in citation given] authorities completed the first set of safety retrofits, which included banking the curve and installing rumble strips and large signs.[29][22] is still planned to be built but not until the mid-2020s.[32] According to a 2013 ODOT count, 64,720 vehicles travel on the curve every day.[34]

Dead Man's Curve

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Dead Man's Curve is a crescent or horseshoe-shaped section of a road that has claimed lives because of numerous traffic accidents. The term is in common use in the United States, while the related term hairpin turn is more widely used in other parts of the world.

Ohio

250px-Deadmans.JPG
Dead Man's Curve in Cleveland, Ohio

Dead Man's Curve was constructed as part of the Innerbelt project in 1959.[27] It soon became apparent that the curve was too sharp for travel at typical Interstate speeds, and in 1965, the state lowered the speed limit from 50 mph (80 km/h) to 35 mph (56 km/h).[citation needed] Four years later,[not in citation given] authorities completed the first set of safety retrofits, which included banking the curve and installing rumble strips and large signs.[29][22] is still planned to be built but not until the mid-2020s.[32] According to a 2013 ODOT count, 64,720 vehicles travel on the curve every day.[34]

LOL.. If you're flying trans-Atlantic to attend a game, I'm not thinking the ticket price is going to be a deal breaker...

LOL.. If you're flying trans-Atlantic to attend a game, I'm not thinking the ticket price is going to be a deal breaker...

True, me and G-Man flew over for the Baltimore game and paid out 275 for front row dawgpound tickets - nice of the Browns to score all the TDs up the other end that day...... You're right, we spend more very year on shots than the game ticket

I think I've swung it with work now and will be attending the Texans game! It looks as if there are plenty of tickets left for this match as of today. I am torn between Dawg pound tickets or the sideline as it will be my first ever match, would like to see the action as best I can.

The Cavs are at home to Atlanta on Saturday night, how difficult will it be for me to get tickets to that?

What is the area Ohio City like? It seems pretty close to Downtown and there are airbnb options there that are really cheap.

Ohio City is right across the river from Downtown. It is now a trendy area with a lot of good restaurants and bars.

http://ohiocity.org/guide

Opinions vary, but for watching a game I love high endzone seats in line with either sideline. You can more easily see plays develop, both O-line movement and pass routes, looking the length of the field with a little angle to aid depth perception... .

A pair of average binoculars will let you zoom in on anything you want to see "close up"

I sat about 15 rows up in Section 318 of the Upper DawgPound for my one and only Browns Stadium game and loved it. I would not go much higher; anything lower would be welcome.

But the upper is more the Pound in name only, IMO.... the real pound experience is in the lower level.

Thank you!

Beings as you're from London, you should have no problems as Cleveland is small by comparison. There is a high crime rate in certain sections, but if you stick to Downtown/Ohio city/Warehouse District and don't flash a bunch of cash around and such, you will be fine.

Opinions vary, but for watching a game I love high endzone seats in line with either sideline. You can more easily see plays develop, both O-line movement and pass routes, looking the length of the field with a little angle to aid depth perception... .

A pair of average binoculars will let you zoom in on anything you want to see "close up"

I sat about 15 rows up in Section 318 of the Upper DawgPound for my one and only Browns Stadium game and loved it. I would not go much higher; anything lower would be welcome.

But the upper is more the Pound in name only, IMO.... the real pound experience is in the lower level.

I'm the opposite Tour- I love my sideline lower level seats- try to get row 20 or higher. First five rows of the upper deck between the 20s are great too. BTW, with the new Jumbotrons- MHO is binoculars are unnecessary.

London, you should have no trouble getting a seat to the Cavs game on StubHub.

I'm the opposite Tour- I love my sideline lower level seats- try to get row 20 or higher.

Huh... I always wondered why they put seats all the way around the field... ;)

Flights and game ticket is booked. Here I come!!!

What section did you get London? BTW, having the owner's name on the ticket shouldn't be a problem- I've had the same thing when I bought tickets to see the Browns play in Kansas City and Carolina.

BTW, having the owner's name on the ticket shouldn't be a problem- I've had the same thing when I bought tickets to see the Browns play in Kansas City and Carolina.

Thanks yeah I had an email from ticketmaster saying it wouldn't be an issue. I am very excited now.

Archived