THE BROWNS BOARD

NYC to Cleveland

LondonBrown

Ive made it to NYC so barring an internal disaster I shall be in Cleveland on Saturday.

Main thing I've noticed is your bar staff and waiters/waitresses are so much nicer than back home.

People in England are rude as shit, have the worst personalities, and have an odd sense of humor.

Just my unwarranted 2 cents :mellow:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.

Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!

Z

Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.

Z

My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way

My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way

Ironically, they are known for keeping a stiff Upper Lip.

Z

Welcome to CLE! City of magic!

Cleveland city of light City of magic

Cleveland city of light You're calling me

Cleveland, even now I can remember

'Cause the Cuyahoga River

Goes smokin' through my dreams

Brits are not rude in my experience, but the Scots are warmer... might be the Whiskey.

I will say that in Britain, Customer Service is "foreign" concept in many businesses.

My brother lived in Bath for several years and I visited many times. Never felt anyone was rude. Folks seemed about the same to me.

The one thing I learned is "look BOTH ways before you cross the street" has more meaning in London, than it does here. Wow. Almost got run down several times.

The one thing I learned is "look BOTH ways before you cross the street" has more meaning in London, than it does here. Wow. Almost got run down several times.

Thus their "friendly" reminders...

100_2069.jpg

Z

Yes, people in the UK are in general pretty fun and polite, all except of course your gits, prats, wankers, buggerers, your cheeky bastards, duffers, nancy boys, slappers, squidgeys, todgers, whingers,

In other words: Howie and Gareth. :lol:

The service and politeness I've received here has been far superior to england so I can understand people thinking we are rude. But that's people in low paid jobs acting out. We are good people.

This time tomorrow I'll be in Cleveland can't tell you how excited I am. For now im being taken to a 'dive bar' in NYC whatever that means

I can see it now: Drunken Englishman forces flight from NYC to CLE to land in Pittsburgh after he cusses out other passengers and he gropes a flight attendant.

If London ends up in Pittsburgh and is barred from boarding a plane for cursing out all Steelers fans in sight, I will personally drive my happy ass there and pick him up.

When I fly & drink, I always try to be a very happy drunk. It wins points with the stewardesses every time.

I usually start with a few harmless terrorist jokes, followed by "is this a bomb in my pocket or am I just happy to see you?"

Trust me, they LOVE it!!!

My brother lived in Bath for several years and I visited many times. Never felt anyone was rude. Folks seemed about the same to me.

Bath! Been there! Lovely town. Seriously splendid. It's basically where Londoners go for extended weekends.

And visited London. Liked it all very much, but damn was everything expensive.

I like you people so much l speak your language.

I spent half hour in the wrong hotel last night putting my key in the door thinking it was my room.

I hope neither this nor the game was the highlight of your trip...

Archived