THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyer is the reason this season is still in play

Clevfan4life

I disagree that our WRs are no good. I think Farmer was genius for sticking with these guys. We have 4 very capable guys who I trust 100% on 3rd down, when it counts. Hawkins, Austin, Benjamin, and Gabriel have all shown great hands this year, a quality past GMs have ignored with our WR corp.

Having back Gordon will round out what will be a very solid group.

Yeah Farmer definitely found talent where others saw none. Having Gordon back will only make the offense better.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy is the best QB the Browns have had since Bernie. As the team gets confident and fine tuned, as we ad more talent, things will only get better. The kid is the shit. He can flat out play and he has everyone excited.

Manziel was a waste of a pick. I was hoping the Browns would have followed the line form the movie Draft day and stood pat with the QB with a hurt knee. Oh well, look for Manziel to get traded in the off season. Unless Hoyer gets hurt, Manziel will be picking splinters out of his ass.

I would let him sit and learn the offense. No point in trading him. This can only help Manziel.

Mik I didn't assume you were one to pay 75 bones to have your salad tossed.

Whatever floats your boat my man.

if you knew me you know the only thing i pull cash out for is a drink for you and me. other than that i don't pay for shit.

I agree with you no point in letting the irrational hate of some of these guys foul the waters.

WSS

there are a couple of hard core manziel haters but the guy (and you have to admit this even though i know you are hard-headed) sets himself up for a lot of this nonsense.

would you sell out in your first year and dress up in tights and do a snickers commercial?

btw, what execs had that piece of garbage shot? our company would have laughed that idea right off the table. you listen to an unpaid intern and get some idea of manziel as a personal trainer? i screamed it then and i scream it now, that's why they are interns. GTFO of the conference room.

don draper. this would pass over his desk?

would you sell out in your first year and dress up in tights and do a snickers commercial?

that's like putting a number on how much would it take for you to suck a dick. some things you just don't do. sorry.

Mik for the right price I will suck your dick on TV during the Super Bowl halftime. I'm sure it's more money than anybody would pay but there is a number.

As for doing a Snickers commercial? Who gives a fuck? It's no stupider than the Mr hero commercials. Especially since Mr hero is a B or C account.

But anybody that would hate him for that is fucked up.

if the guy beat the shit out of his girlfriend or raped a chick or tortured animals to death or shot somebody in a nightclub I might start to hate him.

WSS

if the guy beat the shit out of his girlfriend or raped a chick or tortured animals to death or shot somebody in a nightclub I might start to hate him.

WSS

agreed. i think every one that is a browns fan needs to realize that he is on our team and like all others need our support and root for the guy to make it. i mean he was a first round freakin pick.

i don't hate him at all. i REALLY dislike some of his fans though.

agreed. i think every one that is a browns fan needs to realize that he is on our team and like all others need our support and root for the guy to make it. i mean he was a first round freakin pick.

i don't hate him at all. i REALLY dislike some of his fans though.

Ahh I'm glad to have his fans on the Browns bandwagon anyway.

Reminds me of Yakov Smirnoff.

And again try to remember Bernie Kosar Dallas and Miami jerseys...

;)

WSS

i think i put mine in the goodwill bin like 10 years ago.

good to know there's a whino in the gutter clutching his mad dog 20/20 bottle well dressed in a kosar dallas jersey.

bernie is my hero. first brown that got me fired up. those brown's teams were my initiation into the NFL.

just hate dallas that much i guess. something about the star and being labeled 'america's team'.

hell i'd rather have the steelers be labeled that than dallas. don't know why really........???

(and hate is a much too strong word) more like despise.

Brandon Weeden bailed him out of one of those games. I'm not the statistician around here but how many games last season did the defense blow a lead?

WSS

Not sure where you where you are going with this, but let the record show that the 2013 Browns were not a good team, yet Brian Hoyer went 2-0 in the games he started and finished, to his credit, including a win over the first place Bengals.

Just saying he is off to an encouraging start in his tenure as Browns QB, including 3 last minute comeback wins already, two of them on the road.

Zombo

--now: BEAT PITTSBURGH and legend will really grow with starved browns fans

I agree with you. These guys are getting open AND catching the ball. The guys we had before could do neither.

Yup and I love the way they are being used. Especially Benji who was so misused last year...

The guy is the best QB the Browns have had since Bernie. As the team gets confident and fine tuned, as we ad more talent, things will only get better. The kid is the shit. He can flat out play and he has everyone excited.

Manziel was a waste of a pick.

No argument about Hoyer, but you could not watch the show Wilson put on last nite and help but see what our FO is hoping for down the line with JM.

I don't know if Johnny ever gets there, but the vision is clear. And at least it was only the 22nd pick and not the 4th (or more) that is at stake.

Not sure where you where you are going with this, but let the record show that the 2013 Browns were not a good team, yet Brian Hoyer went 2-0 in the games he started and finished, to his credit, including a win over the first place Bengals.

Just saying he is off to an encouraging start in his tenure as Browns QB, including 3 last minute comeback wins already, two of them on the road.

Zombo

--now: BEAT PITTSBURGH and legend will really grow with starved browns fans

Just trying to keep it on an even keel. It would be nice if Brian Hoyer was the difference between last year's team and this year's team.

I don't think he is. I don't hate him I don't think he sucks and I don't think he's a bum.

Quarterbacks, to repeat a cliche, get too much credit and too much blame. We might be four and 0 or possibly 0 and four.

I say, as always, the next guy to beat the squeelers is my boy.

WSS

So you're saying that the Browns offense would be averaging way more than the already mind boggling 25-30 points that it already is, cause JFF would be playing? Dude you're on crack. To have won those games that we lost we would have had to score well in excess of 30 points and that's just not a realistic interpretation of reality to be quite frank. It's already stretching it that we've scored this much. Throw a rookie in there who showed a distinct proclivity to throw ducks in preseason especially when throwing long....uhhh no. I love JFF and hope he takes this team over in a few years. But for now, it would be a joke to take Hoyer out. JFF comes in later in the season if for some reason we shit the bed and lose everything from here on out.

no hes not, with manziel that titans game isn't even close. Its a joke that hoyer is still starting.

Hover's ability doesn't surprise me, as you could see it last season and I've been a big supporter ever since. What surprises me are the receivers. First, I can't believe that Gabriel didn't get a game ball last week. Was I watching a different Freaking game? But there has been only one drop in many, many challenging/tough catches and hard hits. Who would have thought?

no hes not, with manziel that titans game isn't even close. Its a joke that hoyer is still starting.

HAHAHA, the troll is strong with this one.

And this is all based on ... ?

Zombo

He wants it to mean something when he wears his Manziel jersey...

San Diego IP Addy?

Tour on Casserly - " DUH ! "

I have to give credit to Hoyer though, he turned downed a seemingly "good" deal to take the chance on preforming his way into a great one. There's no doubt about it that Hoyer will be getting paid by someone if he keeps playing this well.

I have to give credit to Hoyer though, he turned downed a seemingly "good" deal to take the chance on preforming his way into a great one. There's no doubt about it that Hoyer will be getting paid by someone if he keeps playing this well.

The whole contract thing will be an interesting watch.....the added twist is Hoyers willingness to wear his heart on his sleeve....wonder if the Browns will use that to their advantage....

Considering Hoyer has 6 years as a back up and now is "living his dream" as the Browns qb......does he give a home team discount and re-sign with the Browns or does he test the FA waters and leave the dream for the big bucks.....I wonder...hmmmm

The whole contract thing will be an interesting watch.....the added twist is Hoyers willingness to wear his heart on his sleeve....wonder if the Browns will use that to their advantage....

Considering Hoyer has 6 years as a back up and now is "living his dream" as the Browns qb......does he give a home team discount and re-sign with the Browns or does he test the FA waters and leave the dream for the big bucks.....I wonder...hmmmm

It will be interesting...

I think BH gives a discount on the base, as much for realism as hometown factors, but has big incentive clauses for starts and maybe a couple other measures... although I think you have to be careful in selecting "other measures".

Thing is as long as JM is on his rookie deal (and maybe beyond it), we can afford to pay BH a good base plus... Not top 5 or maybe even 10, but a good vet median base plus. And I think coming off of his first full season, even one as good as his start sets it up to be, that offer will be good enough.

Do the above in a two-year deal with a mutual 3rd-year option and talk again in a couple.

While I do not think this year is, one may be an accident, but two is a trend...

Archived