THE BROWNS BOARD

Is the defensive scheme the problem? Or is it the players?

Suomi

Cleveland Browns

Pettine defenses have tendency to start slowly. Browns defensive coordinator Jim O'Neil wants fans to know that the defensive system he and head coach Mike Pettine run has a history of starting slowly and then gaining momentum. It happened with the Jets in 2009 and again with the Bills in 2013.

Gilbert's snaps declining. A look at the snaps played in each game by first-round pick Justin Gilbert tells you everything you need to know about how his season is going: 59, 46, 14, 9.

New fan-made logo concepts. Gridiron Labs created a new visual identity for the Browns, including over a dozen concepts for a new logo. The designs are definitely worth a look.

With the way the D performed with some new faces having to step in for the injured, it looks like the needle edges towards the "player" side rather than scheme.

With the way the D performed with some new faces having to step in for the injured, it looks like the needle edges towards the "player" side rather than scheme.

True, but it is also about week 6 (even though it's game 5) when they say things start to come together.

They went more coverage today than pass rush and it helped a bit - at least it was better than last weeks D.

Curious to see how they play when/if the normal Starters come back.

We're gettin' thin at a few spots - lots of injuries this game.

bunch of pinthy perfumes punces.

Alliterative... and a new to me word... punces.

Scoring D was vastly below YTD average... in large part due to two 4th-down stops.

I suspect 3rd down D was also significantly improved. (PTG converted only 6 of 16)

Yardage D on the other hand... better, but not vastly... in part no doubt due to some garbage time plays.

I'd say good situational D by a work still in progress.

Here's to progress... and more garbage time in our flippin' foes futures...

lol... funny clip...

And I did not correct anything... google found "punce"...

punce

1. punce (noun)

a person who is naturally very poor at something:

They adjusted the Defensive scheme for this game. Less blitz. More cover. Less men up front. More men back. Yes, the players executed, but our coaching made the adjustments that threw big ben off his game. Gotta credit them for finding an answer to the poor play leading up to this game.

Archived