THE BROWNS BOARD

Bryant is Mingo Mingo is Bryant.

The Gipper

were't we marveling at some of the plays Mingo was making in the preseason? The dude is the most freakish athlete on the defense, a lot of us here have been wondering whether it might be a good idea to use him as a coverage LB'er given that we have Sheard and Kruger on the roster. Might it not be a bad idea to develop a LB'er that can follow some of the best athletes in the game, ie Graham or Davis, into the flat? We seem to be developing a pass rush strategy that relies on collapsing the pocket instead of running around it...which I kind of think makes sense if you have the guys to carve it off properly. Mingo may not be suited for that. I think he would make one of the nastiest blitzing LB'ers in the NFL.

No, you blow.

They put him coverage because he is better at it than Sheard and Kruger. Try reading the comments from Pettine instead of making dumb-ass statements.

Get it through your thick skull. Mingo is a B-U-S-T!!

Mingo was our sack leader last year wasn't he? Bust? really? Last year Kruger put up a giant facepalm but so far this year he's our best defensive player so let's ease on up on the bust talk regarding Mingo. It's his 2nd year as well as his 2nd defensive scheme. He's basically a rookie all over again.

My money says that Farmer picked the best talent available, for both the current and future, to keep and solidify his job.

In 2014? Sure, but in 2013, the "last year" to which I'm sure Unsym was referring, Farmer did not have that say...

Archived