THE BROWNS BOARD

Positive Stories in 2008...

Flugel

Heiden sounds like an acronym for hidden gem that can block like a tackle but catch like a Gonzales.

Alex Hall - Opie ya done good on that one.

Bargain shopping at Cornerback has worked well with Brandon McDonald, Eric Wright and Davon Holly the last 2 years.

On DRAFT Day I was a HUGE D'Qwell Jackson fan but last year I was his biggest critic as my friend Shep would always put rose colored glasses on his prognostics. He makes alot of tackles - the stats don't lie. Now that he has a REAL NT in front of him he makes tackles where they count closer to the line of scrmmage.

Joe Thomas & Eric Steinbach were just born to play next to each other. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Joe Thomas had a BAD outing that game Steinbach didn't play AND if anyone remembers his first preseason when Steinbach wasn't playing diue to a bad back Joe T actaully struggled in the preseason and was flagged for numerous holding penalties and he got beat for sacks. Joe T was destined for GREATNESS but IMO Eric Steinbach helped that along at warped speed. Try to picture life that good with Joe Andruzzi instead of Steinbach. I know - you need drugs to see that and me too.

FREAKIN Shaun Rogers AFTER the Dallas game has impressed everybody that has seen him play. He looks like one of those messing with Saskwatch commercials on every freakin play. Detroit is now losing games by 35 points and Matt Millen finally got his walking papers. That even started celebrations in Cincy that there was an organization more pathetic than they are without Carson Palmer. It's amazing the effect Rogers has.

My prediction that if our front 7 was playing good ball and hurrying more throws - our secondary wouldn't be a prblem at all. End result? Even guys like Mike Adams, Terry Cousin and Nick Sorensen have made BIG plays in backup roles in the secondary while the starters keep getting better.

What would make my season more enjoyable would be more consistency at QB and finishing drives with TDs. I ALSO need to see a QB capable of turning a BAD game into clutch finish where he flatout WINS it for us. I think that is HOW a team learns to feed off of positive energy so they don't QUIT and they make that one special play that becomes the difference between winning and what if. The first part of last season DA had this magic working and you barely ever saw mentions of BQ. When Brian Sipe started I NEVER cared who was behind him on the depth chart. Don't you think I'd LOVE to feel that way about DA?

- Tom F.

I haven't kept a close eye on him or anything, but Sorensen has actually impressed me...seems like every time he blitzes he gets to the QB, and obviously that play at the end of the Jacksonville game. Not saying we're better off without Jones, but I like seeing a guy like Sorensen come in and make some plays.

I've liked McDonald and Wright all along but they still get burned a little too often...both look like they can be the real deal though.

Rogers is really the whole story though...he IS the front 7. There isn't one QB in the league looking forward to playing this team anymore when playing the Browns used to be an easy game to pad your pro bowl resume.

Good stuff...even with the offense being hit or miss we're still definitely (somehow) still in the hunt.

Guest ATENEARS
I haven't kept a close eye on him or anything, but Sorensen has actually impressed me...seems like every time he blitzes he gets to the QB, and obviously that play at the end of the Jacksonville game. Not saying we're better off without Jones, but I like seeing a guy like Sorensen come in and make some plays..

Sorensen is a big dude. I hear what you are saying about him, he has impressed me at times, but I've also seen him out of position and slow to recover. The Safety I like is Mike Adams, I can't wait until he's back healthy. I believe Sean Jones is over-rated ... I hope he starts proving me wrong.

With all that said about Jones-Adams-Sorensen, it all points to Defensive Coordinator Mel Tucker. His blitz packages with this position seem to make them all look good. KEEP BLITZING!

Archived