THE BROWNS BOARD

Dems break promise on the internet for review for 48 hours

calfoxwc

Could be Obama may get all gray-haired faster than any other president in US history... in his first year.

SURPRISE! Dems Break Promise: Stimulus Bill to Floor Friday

by Connie Hair

02/12/2009

In a press conference Thursday, the House Republican leadership spoke candidly about being kept out of the House-Senate conference on the Obama-Pelosi-Reid so-called “economic stimulus” bill. They confirmed they had not yet seen the text of the bill as of 4 p.m.

Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) said he was unsure how many Democrats would vote with Republicans again on this bill but that he thought Republicans “may get a few” Democrats to side with them. The fact that the Demos have now broken their promise to have the public able to see the bill for 48 hours may drive more Dems into the Republican camp.

don’t know, ‘cause they haven’t seen the bill either,” Boehner said.

“The American people have a right to know what’s in this bill,” Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind) told HUMAN EVENTS after the press conference. “Every member of Congress -- Republicans and Democrats -- voted to post this bill on the internet for 48 hours, 48 hours ago. We’ll see if the Democrats keep their word.”

Actually -- as of 5:15 pm, the Democrats had broken their word. The stimulus bill -- which we still haven’t seen -- will be released late tonight and will be brought up on the House floor at 9 am tomorrow.

The following statement was released by Majority Leader Steny Hoyer at 4:57 p.m.:

"The House is scheduled to meet at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow and is expected to proceed directly to consideration of the American Recovery and Reinvestment conference report. The conference report text will be filed this evening, giving members enough time to review the conference report before voting on it tomorrow afternoon."

Meanwhile, at an earlier presser Thursday, Pelosi -- while talking about legislation regarding school construction funds -- said it was vital to see the language of a bill before making decisions. ReadtheStimulus.org had the following quote:

“With all of this you have to see the language. You said this --- I said that --- I understood it to be this way --- you know, we wanted to see it in writing and when we did that then we were able to go forward."

"Around here language means a lot. Words weigh a ton and one person's understanding of a spoken description might vary from another's. We wanted to see it. And not only just I had to see it, I had to show it to my colleagues and my caucus. We wanted to take all the time that was necessary to make sure it was right."

Congressional members are also exchanging barbs via the popular social network Twitter. Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) twittered, "Don't know when we're going to vote. Will the no votes delay vote just because they can? Speed is important. They know that."

House Republican Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.) twittered back, “Those in favor of speed over commonsense may just be afraid of letting the People know what they are ramming through.”

UPDATE: The Democrats finally made the bill's language available around 11 p.m. Thursday, approximately 10 hours before members meet Friday to consider the bill and 38 hours short of the time promised Americans to review the bill.

Where are all the lefties defending this porkulus bill?

no comments on how great it is?

or do they agree that when Obama signs this bill into law that it will confirm that he will be the worst president ever. Obama will make Jimmy Carter look like a Genius. :lol:

jimmy-carter-speed-limit.jpg

Obama's Brown shirts will be in control of the census.

I wish SOME MEMBER of the media with access to Obama would ask him about Pelosi's 30 million bucks for

habitat etc for a type of mouse in San Francisco.

Just ONCE, a "how the heyl does that help the economy?????? "

I wish SOME MEMBER of the media with access to Obama would ask him about Pelosi's 30 million bucks for

habitat etc for a type of mouse in San Francisco.

Just ONCE, a "how the heyl does that help the economy?????? "

The media is still in the Obama Worship mode.

here is some pork... http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3028

It took me awhile to respond, I was in Alaska and I had to take the ferry because the bridge to nowhere was never built but Steven's forgot to retun the money!

Frikin hypocrites,

The response by the right to do nothing and blame action by the new president to clean up the mess of the last eight years is laughable.

Maybe Obama will be a one term president and all this wont work , but even with this spending bill I doubt he could spend more than the "fiscal conservative" who just left office.

We will see but right now the republicans arent looking to good in Americans eyes right now.

Keep rooting for it to fail though,pretty sad.....

Drink some more Kool Aid fool.

they sure ain't doing themselves any favors to claim moral ground over the republicans. this is worse, in that they're not even trying to hide it.

liberal arrogance amazes me sometimes.....

Well you know because you read the article.

People who get their news by turning on the TV will not get an objective perspective. They will get, on the other hand, a sanitized and Obama/Liberal-leaning rendition.

So much for the New Transparency and New Politics.

Ironically, it would likely be the rabid-left that brings Obama down - if that would ever happen - not the Conservatives. They are still unhappy about his actions to date.

It took me awhile to respond, I was in Alaska and I had to take the ferry because the bridge to nowhere was never built but Steven's forgot to retun the money!

Frikin hypocrites,

The response by the right to do nothing and blame action by the new president to clean up the mess of the last eight years is laughable.

Maybe Obama will be a one term president and all this wont work , but even with this spending bill I doubt he could spend more than the "fiscal conservative" who just left office.

We will see but right now the republicans arent looking to good in Americans eyes right now.

Keep rooting for it to fail though,pretty sad.....

So if I recall you were 100% behind the Republicans running up the debt and only wished they could have wasted twice as much, correct?

If so it seems you got your wish.

Fuinny but for some reason I thought you had been bitchig about that for 8 years.....

WSS

As far as the original post about this bill ,if it were up and posted for a year most wouldnt read it,or care,just bitch about sound bytes and party alliance,pretty silly actually.

Most of Republican Congress wouldn't read it is the excuse for you to support

the reluctance of the Dems to allow them to have time to read it?

You really want to go with that, huh?

Seriously?

I say again. My longtime very outrageously liberal friend worked in intel in Iraq and was there for a year and a half. When he came back, I asked him if we should have gone into Iraq.

He said "ABSOLUTELY" Dan, he knows a hell of a lot more about it than you do.

He said if Americans knew the classified stuff, they would agree.

Whine about Iraq all you want. Please stop the whining with no legit background information.

The liberal Bushhate talkie points are way old, and ridiculous.

Dan -

Obama, in one month, has renegged on promises to be "transparent", to have the porkulous plan put on the net,

he he wouldn't go into details on the porkulus plan, but promised his finance guy would, and his finance guy

refused and told the media he will not provide details,...

and Obama promised to have an "ETHICAL" cabinet (tax evaders, 2nd Ammendment trasher, illegal alien hirers)

and said lobbyists had no place in his cabinent and then hired lobbyists in his cabinet bigtime, and now, his own

legal team has told him he messed up trying to shut down Gitmo without any kind of legal recourse for trying

terrorists, ...

and he alienated Europe with his protectionist part of the porkulous plan he had to take back out...

and he offered a Republican the Commerce Secretary job, and the Rep wouldn't vote how Obama wanted him to,

so he is taking, for the first time in history, the census from the Commerce Dept so he can control it, and the

Republican resigned...

There's more, but that's just off hand recollection.

The only question now is, is he a dangerious liar with a secret agenda that doesn't bode well for all Americans? or,

is he so far, far over his head, that his arrogance is causing him to repeatedly stumble down the stairs of the office of president?

I was hoping, and gave him the benefit of the doubt, but hey, Obama is dropping the ball. It's all on him.

You think Bush's first 4 weeks were so bad?

I do not. I first read it used by John, and picked it up. It is too funny. If I could think

of anything as funny or funnier, I'd use my own name for it, but I can't.

Porkulous. ROF,L.

Archived