THE BROWNS BOARD

What are the teams biggest needs at this point?

WalterWhite

Manizer pretty much answered what is currently needed. Considering I'm still sick from the constant draft talk from last year, I'd much prefer to focus on, and enjoy, the Brown's actually playing football.

If it were up to me, the only draft talk during the season would be a weekly update on the Bills record, which Tour has been doing. (Poorly might I add, their winning record is squarely on you shoulders in my humble opinion..... you bastard.)

Spots that will be improved upon with reps and gaining experience or addressed in the draft.

This is also about the time when the draft talk has started, such as last year, the year before that, the year before that, etc.

Bottom line, now is the time to look for the positives and enjoy the season.

Disagree with 1 and 2 being top priorities. Mugshot and Armonty are already our 34 techs and Mugshot is considered among the best in the NFL. I don't really see a need at OLB other than a 4th guy for rotational purpose's. I'm pretty happy right now with Kruger and Sheard. ILB is something that if things don't change, will need to be addressed again in the offseason. I have still yet to see Dansby get infront of a camera and say this running shit is on me. He's the fucking captain of the defense, he's the guy (along with Kirksey) who are most responsible for those gashing runs up the middle the defense has been subjected to. Ray Lewis would have been out of his mind at this point with 4th string shrubs going for 100 yds He would have been hopping up his own ass he'd have been so mad. If this run deficiency continues, like if we get gouged again by Pgh....than it's time for Robertson and Carder FFS. I don't like to say that but maybe sitting Dansby and Kirk for a game gets the message home.

Mugshot has been plagued with health and injury concerns. Sure he built a great rep in Oakland and by all accounts a solid force on the interior, but that hasn't translated to Cleveland... yet?

Armonty is quite the puzzle to me. I wouldn't be comfortable having him align as a heads up 3-4 end. His quickness is his greatest asset which is why he's serviceable on the outside in 4 down pass rush

however he's not quite an elite rush end. I look at Monty's game the same way I view(ed) Winn's. 270-280lbs, can move all over the line utilizing their motor, quickness and violent hands but they aren't your

run of the mill 2 gap 34 ends. I truly do wish Pettine and O'Neil would go back two years previous and look at Billy's tape. Asking him to put on weight to better fit their system has cost him what could have been

a break out year. I myself thought of the kid as the steal of that draft.

OLB is a large concern because Kruger and Sheard are such liabilities in space and Mingo just isn't large enough to set the edge against the run. Plus the former two really do require their hands in the dirt to mount a successful

pass rush, asking anything else of them is a fools game. I now understand the coaching staff is attempting to build mingo's skill sets in limited pass coverage while Sheard and Kruger are tasked with getting at the QB. I just hope

Kiki is getting plenty of chances in practice to rush the passer and expand his game. The tools are there, he needs time and discipline.

Like I said, the greatest needs on this team are a 0tech 3-4 end that can collapse the pocket and stuff the run (not easy to find) possibly an impact OLB (again, not easy to find) depth at ILB and another playmaker on offense. I'd prefer

an athletic pass catching TE because Cameron's health issues are concerning as well.

Mugshot has been plagued with health and injury concerns. Sure he built a great rep in Oakland and by all accounts a solid force on the interior, but that hasn't translated to Cleveland... yet?

Armonty is quite the puzzle to me. I wouldn't be comfortable having him align as a heads up 3-4 end. His quickness is his greatest asset which is why he's serviceable on the outside in 4 down pass rush

however he's not quite an elite rush end. I look at Monty's game the same way I view(ed) Winn's. 270-280lbs, can move all over the line utilizing their motor, quickness and violent hands but they aren't your

run of the mill 2 gap 34 ends. I truly do wish Pettine and O'Neil would go back two years previous and look at Billy's tape. Asking him to put on weight to better fit their system has cost him what could have been

a break out year. I myself thought of the kid as the steal of that draft.

OLB is a large concern because Kruger and Sheard are such liabilities in space and Mingo just isn't large enough to set the edge against the run. Plus the former two really do require their hands in the dirt to mount a successful

pass rush, asking anything else of them is a fools game. I now understand the coaching staff is attempting to build mingo's skill sets in limited pass coverage while Sheard and Kruger are tasked with getting at the QB. I just hope

Kiki is getting plenty of chances in practice to rush the passer and expand his game. The tools are there, he needs time and discipline.

Like I said, the greatest needs on this team are a 0tech 3-4 end that can collapse the pocket and stuff the run (not easy to find) possibly an impact OLB (again, not easy to find) depth at ILB and another playmaker on offense. I'd prefer

an athletic pass catching TE because Cameron's health issues are concerning as well.

Ur right about Monty except that's exactly how they've been using him. I think it's a shame he see's double teams on almost every down he plays. As far as Mugshot, dude he was beasting people last year. Our outside edge rush was AWFUL last year, the only pressure we got was up the middle and it was almost always him. Didn't always get a sack out of it but I bet he had more pressure's on QB's last year than anyone on the team.

So as far as another OLB'er, what exactly are you looking for? You looking to replace what we have or what? Who's the guy in the NFL that you'd like to model your new OLB'er after?

???? You thinking of becoming a fan?

Nah... just taking you up on your earlier offer.

I was concerned as to whether or not I could conduct myself appropriately, but now that I know what is/ is not trolling thanks to you, I think I can stay within the boundaries you've established.

If it were up to me, the only draft talk during the season would be a weekly update on the Bills record, which Tour has been doing. (Poorly might I add, their winning record is squarely on you shoulders in my humble opinion..... you bastard.)

Stan? (or is it Kyle that says "You bastard!)

What do you think Farmer and his peeps are doing now?

however he's not quite an elite rush end. I look at Monty's game the same way I view(ed) Winn's. 270-280lbs, can move all over the line utilizing their motor, quickness and violent hands but they aren't your run of the mill 2 gap 34 ends. I truly do wish Pettine and O'Neil would go back two years previous and look at Billy's tape. Asking him to put on weight to better fit their system has cost him what could have been a break out year. I myself thought of the kid as the steal of that draft.

OLB is a large concern because Kruger and Sheard are such liabilities in space and Mingo just isn't large enough to set the edge against the run. Plus the former two really do require their hands in the dirt to mount a successful pass rush, asking anything else of them is a fools game. I now understand the coaching staff is attempting to build mingo's skill sets in limited pass coverage while Sheard and Kruger are tasked with getting at the QB. I just hope Kiki is getting plenty of chances in practice to rush the passer and expand his game. The tools are there, he needs time and discipline.

Like I said, the greatest needs on this team are a 0tech 3-4 end that can collapse the pocket and stuff the run (not easy to find) possibly an impact OLB (again, not easy to find) depth at ILB and another playmaker on offense. I'd prefer an athletic pass catching TE because Cameron's health issues are concerning as well.

Love the analysis, but don't see how the DE conclusion follows...

Ur right about Monty except that's exactly how they've been using him. I think it's a shame he see's double teams on almost every down he plays. As far as Mugshot, dude he was beasting people last year. Our outside edge rush was AWFUL last year, the only pressure we got was up the middle and it was almost always him. Didn't always get a sack out of it but I bet he had more pressure's on QB's last year than anyone on the team.

So as far as another OLB'er, what exactly are you looking for? You looking to replace what we have or what? Who's the guy in the NFL that you'd like to model your new OLB'er after?

OLB? There's no one exact player I'd like to have cloned. I would however, like a player that models parts of his game after other great backers. I guess if I was forced to choose I would go Aldon Smith minus the mental issues.

Justin Houston would be high on my list as well.

Love the analysis, but don't see how the DE conclusion follows...

Pretty simple. Armonty and Winn are both situational tweeners. Don't get me wrong, there is a ton of upside/value to be had in their game(s). Do I consider either an every down player? No.

Especially for what this coaching staff is asking their ends to be. Winn was a much more effective player under Jauron and even Horton. I would like an end that is capable of functioning naturally at that 290lb range who is adept at playing zero tech, the strength to hold up against the run, but can slide inside or even outside (on rare occasion) for pass rushing.

Think similar to what the Bills envision Marcel Dareus or even Cam Heyward when he was at tOSU. A plus side SDE that can collapse the pocket.

OLB? There's no one exact player I'd like to have cloned. I would however, like a player that models parts of his game after other great backers. I guess if I was forced to choose I would go Aldon Smith minus the mental issues.

Justin Houston would be high on my list as well.

Pretty simple. Armonty and Winn are both situational tweeners. Don't get me wrong, there is a ton of upside/value to be had in their game(s). Do I consider either an every down player? No.

Especially for what this coaching staff is asking their ends to be. Winn was a much more effective player under Jauron and even Horton. I would like an end that is capable of functioning naturally at that 290lb range who is adept at playing zero tech, the strength to hold up against the run, but can slide inside or even outside (on rare occasion) for pass rushing.

Think similar to what the Bills envision Marcel Dareus or even Cam Heyward when he was at tOSU. A plus side SDE that can collapse the pocket.

Basically you want us to go get JJ Watt.... :D

That fucker is maybe the best defensive player I've ever seen in my life. That guy can play the 34 tech as good as Justin Smith but then he can slide outside and edge rush as good as anyone in the NFL. I never quite realized that till I watched the game with the Colts the other night. He went around the edge better than any of or our OLB'ers including Mingo. That fucker rolls around at 290 and looks almost as fast as Barkevious fucking Mingo going around the edge. I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing. He fights through double teams the whole game and still has the motor to go around the edge as good as anyone in the NFL deep into the 4th quarter. I'll say I did want them to draft Watt back when he came out because Shurm was going back to the 43 and Watt played 43 DE at Wisconsin. But I had no idea he'd be this good and this good at a different position.

Trust me, based on your interaction with me here, you wouldn't enjoy a forum where they talk about the good and bad of their team and they discuss reality. It's clear you are a Browns cheerleader and all you care about is the Browns winning to get back at the evil refs, NFL, Steelers, Ravens, etc, etc, etc, Stay here and flip your pom poms like a good cheerleader and hope your boyfriend scores a home run :D

I have reason to trust you? I do care about the Browns winning... you have that much right, but your reasons are all wrong.

My interactions with you here have been primarily in defense of fellow Browns fans. I don't think you and I have yet had a serous football discussion. Mostly this is due to your withdrawal when you look foolish (your recent 4-3 comment) or your ignoring a topic altogether (Ben's non-called lateral vs. the Jags).

If you ever want to have a real discussion... I'll be here.

Archived