THE BROWNS BOARD

Armonty Bryant done for year with torn ACL

WalterWhite

Next man up... as they say. Greco will fill in admirably for Mack, and McQuiston is best fit for RG so he should be decent. As far as Bryant, he'll be missed but we have enough depth on the D-line (when they're healthy) to make up for it. We just need other guys to step up.

It's hard losing players, but we actually have some depth to fill in. One of the tougher losses might be if Williams isn't cleared soon. He has been playing well in the nickel position...

yeah...we really stayed clean for a while, so it is disappointing to get hit so hard this week.....I agree that Greco will do an admirable job, but wont be Mack......and we have the depth to replace Bryants 2 or 3 tackles a game.....does feel nice to actually have a next man up for once....Plus, I have faith RF will get busy and locate some talent to help out....

Crushed me to see him get hurt. Our best pass rusher. Dude is a starting 43 DE anywhere in the league. I was hoping they'd use him a little at OLB cause there's nothing that we ask Kruger to do that he can't. Just something to keep him on the field a little longer. Sucks ass cause Kruger looks like he could use a few games off as well.

Macks injury is what worries me more.

Knees anymore seem easier to come back from and rehab, the ankle or lower leg on a big man not so much.

Agree... it's the tendon damage that is worrisome. Heard Mack is heading to NC to some hot shot surgeon.

I'm curious to see the Greco/ McQ pairing in the tape. There's going to have to be some decline, I'd think, hopefully not much.

I just hope we don't have to find out who the next next man up is...

Worst part is the injury could have been avoided. It was a running play where bell was stopped but then a couple offensive lineman shoved him forward with armonty on the bottom of the pile. Totally a legal play but the NFL should call the play dead. Too many injuries occur on these plays..

I agree that the situation is an injury waiting to happen. I have long questioned why the refs wait so long to whistle a play dead when forward progress has clearly been stopped.

Mike

if we place them on IR, we open up spots on the roster. hopefully Farmer can pick up some Gems.

Bryant is certainly done for the year.

We'll know pretty soon how severe Mack's break is. If there's any chance at all he can come back by December the Browns will use the IR, designated for return status.

Looked it up- you can only use it on one player per year. Player must be out for at least 6 weeks. Mack certainly qualifies.

Mack isn't coming back from that break, c'mon. Dude's leg was twitching on sunday. IMO losing Armonty is almost as big a deal as Mack. He was gonna be our sack leader this year.

why haven't we heard anything from sheard so far this year? i know they play different positions but asking guys that get to the QB to fall back into coverage is just mind-boggling to me.

why haven't we heard anything from sheard so far this year? i know they play different positions but asking guys that get to the QB to fall back into coverage is just mind-boggling to me.

THis^^^

Him and Mingo have to step up and earn their salaries now. I think Sheard got some pressures in when we played the Saints but other than that he's been quiet.

Archived