THE BROWNS BOARD

How about a new Stimulus

Mr. T

There are roughyly 305,809,471 americans, wouldn't it be cheaper to give them all a million dollars?

problem solved. :P

Oh' I forgot politicians wouldn't be in control then. ....royalty?

$305,809,471,000,000 (305.8 Trillion)? Check your math again, T. But I'll gladly take the mil. B)

http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html

U.S. 305 823 982 x 1 million U.S. dollars = 305.823982 trillion U.S. dollars

I meant $100,000, 305 823 982 x 100 000 = 3.05823982

That would settle it, wishful thinking i will take a million to leg. :)

Not to belabor this, but the correct figure you're probably looking for is $1000 for every one of the 305 823 982 people in the country - $305 billion - falling $500 billion short of the $800 billion we just put on the AMEX.

They could send us $2500 a piece and fall under the $800 bill mark but I imagine most get more of a tax return than that every year.

I recall another one using # of households (about 115 mil) nabbing $10,000 each would solve the problem, and while closer, still knocks on the $ trillion door also.

My guess is somewhere on the interweb, the two sets of emails did not heed Dr. Spangler's advice and crossed streams.

Not to belabor this, but the correct figure you're probably looking for is $1000 for every one of the 305 823 982 people in the country - $305 billion - falling $500 billion short of the $800 billion we just put on the AMEX.

They could send us $2500 a piece and fall under the $800 bill mark but I imagine most get more of a tax return than that every year.

I recall another one using # of households (about 115 mil) nabbing $10,000 each would solve the problem, and while closer, still knocks on the $ trillion door also.

My guess is somewhere on the interweb, the two sets of emails did not heed Dr. Spangler's advice and crossed streams.

I am not sure what the average household pays in federal income taxes but an $800. break for one year is only going to be a drop in the bucket for most families when you consider the real rate of inflation and not the one that is put out there for us to believe in.

If we were able to give a 5% deduction in federal income tax withholdings across the board and guarantee it for ten years then we would have real stimulus.

Dan - ususally people know how to think critically and be honest and objective and know HOW

to research information to make the right choices.

What happened to you? What the hatred of being disagreed with? Why the anger ?

Your "education" fail you? Or you failed it?

so far, you are failing to help this forum grow in terms of friendship and serious/funny discussions.

You are hatefully boring. Freakin work on it? Ya ?

Dan - ususally people know how to think critically and be honest and objective and know HOW

What happened to you? What the hatred of being disagreed with? Why the anger ?

Your "education" fail you? Or you failed it?

so far, you are failing to help this forum grow in terms of friendship and serious/funny discussions.

You are hatefully boring. Freakin work on it? Ya ?

Thats okay, Cal

There are many who look to Government to answer all problems. and then there are those who do something for themselves everyday to ensure a successful future.

Its the one's that dont do for themselves who sit around and complain about others.

Cal, I have a serious question for you regarding critical thinking.

How come you accuse those who disagree with you of not "thinking critically" at every turn when critical reasoning doesn't have a darn thing to do with it. It's a difference in philosophy, plain and simple. Accusing others who disagree with you of not thinking critically, is, well, not thinking critically. You really need a new go-to dis.

Actually, I don't think that's what I'm doing... lemme check... hmmm... nope. :)

The lack of critical reasoning is the issue of glossing over the op to objectively appraise issues. A statement or a step to

hurl personal insults on an issue that ignores every single fact contrary to the hurler's beliefs, is an emotionalistic response,

not a well reasoned response.

I'm full of baloney a good bit, and I think it's interesting to be disagreed with. Take Al, for instance. @@

He has never said "Cal, you suck, my formal education is greater than yours and I make more $$$, etc"

ever. He just has facts and reasoning that kicks my butt. That's why I hate him. That's a joke.

It's the emotional outburst toward somebody else, all the while ignoring one side of an issue, no matter how

relevant and valid.

So, seriously, it isn't the disagreement, it is the matter of how one disagrees. In lieu of critical thinking, emotionalism

eeks out into the conversation, indicated by personal attacks.

that's just how I perceive of "critical thinking, or the lack thereof" around here. A philosophy is fine, unless it becomes

an indoctrination of narrow, selected points that just defends the philosophy. That occurs on both sides of the political

fence.

To seek the truth, and take in all facts, contrary and pro, is legitimate critical thinking that I would expect.

I'm no master at it myself. We all have our biases.

I'm not perfect either, ya know. @@

Cal, I have a serious question for you regarding critical thinking.

How come you accuse those who disagree with you of not "thinking critically" at every turn when critical reasoning doesn't have a darn thing to do with it. It's a difference in philosophy, plain and simple. Accusing others who disagree with you of not thinking critically, is, well, not thinking critically. You really need a new go-to dis.

Archived