THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Gameday Thread

Zombo

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been killing Hoyer all day today and you are right on the money. But just know that Hoyer is closer to Trent Dilfer than Dan Marino. Don't be fooled Pettine is going to have to answer Manziel questions and if you come out of Tampa 4-4 it'll get intense.

Yes, but they've already had to answer questions even after Hoyer's good games (most of them) as a Brown.

Would Manziel have won us this game today? I'd bet not...

One game man. Where many facets were terrible. You can't throw it all away at this point. Where were these comments last week? Or against tennesee?

Hoyer was poor against the Steelers too. Didn't recognize it because the run game dominated, but only completed 8 passes.

Last two games combined hes throwing for 41%. 41. In the Pass Friendly NFL.

As teams see Hoyer more, they're adjusting to his game, plenty of QBs have a good start when they're unknowns, then they get weeded out. Lets hope Hoyer isn't getting weeded out, because last two weeks have been poor.

From the pre-game on today I had a HUGE sinking feeling this was going to be a let-down. The Browns were being talked up, Haden had the fluff piece, and people are talking about how the Browns can easily be playoff contenders. That shit got to their heads, I'm certain of it. This loss sucks, but the silver lining is I feel like all good teams have a game like this. We'll be hungry next week.

look in the mirror douchebag. you have to be one of the worst fans of all times.

what a piece of shit.

Mik got the stones to show, hope you were rooting loud and hard at the bar buddy.

We'll test my theory and see if Pettine is asked if he was gonna bring in Manziel at any point.

Hoyer was poor against the Steelers too. Didn't recognize it because the run game dominated, but only completed 8 passes.

Last two games combined hes throwing for 41%. 41. In the Pass Friendly NFL.

As teams see Hoyer more, they're adjusting to his game, plenty of QBs have a good start when they're unknowns, then they get weeded out. Lets hope Hoyer isn't getting weeded out, because last two weeks have been poor.

Not true. Hoyer was money on the passes he did complete against the steelers. And almost all of them were 20+ yards down the field. He had some throwaways and drops which made his completion percentage worse. He was beyond awful today against the Jags though. No excuse there. The lack of a running game and the absence of Mack definitely factored in, but Hoyer was thowing above and behind receivers all day... We could have been up 10 or 13 to 0 at the half and the game couldn't have ended entirely differently. Also no excuse for Shanahan to keep attempting the run on 1st down. All it did was bring a 2nd and 11 or 2nd and 13 in the second half.

We lost because of coaching/player error and lack of respect to the Jags, who were clearly stout on the Defensive side.

3rd and 1 and we go run up the middle, and get stuffed. Then, instead of going up 9 we decide to roll the dice.

We should have been up 9-0 going in to the half..

The overly aggresive and cockiness are killing us right now.

Fielding a punt at the 2? Fcuking C'MON MAN! Poyer wtf are you doing?! Guy hasn't made anyone miss yet and why the hell wasn't the trusty Leonard in there?!

Oh and not having Alex Mack Hurts huh.... We NEED to win the next 2 games now just for us to stay alive with JG....

The worst 2 game stretch from Geno Smith this year 49% comp, The worst 2 game stretch for EJ Manuel this year 53%. Both murdered by the media and benched.

Hoyer against the #22 (Pit) and #27 (Jax) worst passing D's according to football outsiders threw for 41%. You can slap whatever lipstick you want on that number, but that is putrid, and not even NFL backup numbers, let alone a starter.

I can't believe the Manzealots are coming back out of the woodwork. Hoyer is only part of the reason as to why we lost. We made Denard look like an all pro rusher. We made the jags front 7 look like a super bowl team. Really cut the rope on a guy who's been pretty good for a rookie already?

Yes, but they've already had to answer questions even after Hoyer's good games (most of them) as a Brown.

Would Manziel have won us this game today? I'd bet not...

Absolutely not. My point in the Hoyer/Manziel debate isn't that Manziel is better. Hoyer is what he is, not as bad as some think, certainly not as good as others think. The issue is it's always going to be an issue until the team can evaluate what Manziel can do in real NFL game situations. If you are a realist and not a "real" fan 8-8 and 7-9 is probably the ceiling for this team. Hoyer will have some solid play but at the end of the year you'll have a average or below average team with a QB issue in the offseason. So you give Hoyer 3 years $40 and week 4 they are 1-3 and Manziel is in not knowing what he gives you. If he's healthy he gets at least 10 starts, if he is the savior we all rejoice. If he is an undersized, scatter-brained run first nut, then the Browns are 4-12 with Manziel gone and an expensive backup QB.

When Farmer/Haslam drafted Manziel they created this mess.

Jacksonville's D-line and our restructured O-line lead to some of this disaster, but throw in horrible coaching decisions and players resting on last week's accolades, and you end up with a totally garbage result. Hopefully they learn a lesson or 2 today.

so true, trenches were won by Jags today.

Disgusting Offense today, I about puked. Shanny had his first atrocious game with playcalling

Defense actually showed up for the game, offense was still on the fucking bus watching movies.

I hate the Browns today. Played like Bums, complete bums, you play like bums, you lose like bums.

One game man. Where many facets were terrible. You can't throw it all away at this point. Where were these comments last week? Or against tennesee?

Spot on...

Not true. Hoyer was money on the passes he did complete against the steelers. And almost all of them were 20+ yards down the field. He had some throwaways and drops which made his completion percentage worse. He was beyond awful today against the Jags though. No excuse there. The lack of a running game and the absence of Mack definitely factored in, but Hoyer was thowing above and behind receivers all day... We could have been up 10 or 13 to 0 at the half and the game couldn't have ended entirely differently. Also no excuse for Shanahan to keep attempting the run on 1st down. All it did was bring a 2nd and 11 or 2nd and 13 in the second half.

Agree, although I would not go as far as "beyond awful", but it was not pretty...

All our pass success has been predicated by our ability to put real or imagined fear of our run game in the minds of our opponents' D. Today it did not. We cannot abandon the run.

The worst 2 game stretch from Geno Smith this year 49% comp, The worst 2 game stretch for EJ Manuel this year 53%. Both murdered by the media and benched.

Hoyer against the #22 (Pit) and #27 (Jax) worst passing D's according to football outsiders threw for 41%. You can slap whatever lipstick you want on that number, but that is putrid, and not even NFL backup numbers, let alone a starter.

Difference being that neither Geno nor EJ has had really good stretches...

If you are just going to post negative stuff when we're down, don't bother.

Spot on...

Agree, although I would not go as far as "beyond awful", but it was not pretty...

All our pass success has been predicated by our ability to put real or imagined fear of our run game in the minds of our opponents' D. Today it did not. We cannot abandon the run.

Difference being that neither Geno nor EJ has had really good stretches...

If you are just going to post negative stuff when we're down, don't bother.

Tour2 ya gotta admit with the points being scored his completion percentage (giving the Browns were dead last in drops going into this game) is low and 7 TDs don't jump off the page. I still believe he has the ability to be an Alex Smith type player given the right environment. The question, is Cleveland ever going to be that environment?

people are talking about the loss of OL starters. i say the loss of rhuybin and taylor hurt us more.

the game was ugly, we all know it could turn out that way with all the hype and the MKC driven drivel about hoyer and his contract demands.........ultimate trap game and the browns were like the mouse in mousetrap.

IMO the worst game they've played this year by far.

if pettine as any testosterone left in his hairless body they'll be ready to wreck next week. everyone with a decision to make from the sidelines to the QB fucked up royally today.

BUT i'm really getting tired of the negative rushing plays. -2, -4. i mean what are the browns, TR redeux?

McQuistan got raped, and Crowell is the best RB on the team

no doubt, he got punked a few times and layed down an cried. fight back, show some heart. dont let them itimidate you....cowell should've got the bulk of the carries. tate and west were to slow and to broad of shulders to slip through the creases of that defensive front

I believe he was "turtled" on a play, scary that we are fairly deep on the D-Line and lose one O-Lineman and seem like the 1999 Browns

Can't expect it to be easy replacing a pro bowl center. Although it wasn't as good as I expected from Greco/McQuistan based on last week.

so true, trenches were won by Jags today.

Disgusting Offense today, I about puked. Shanny had his first atrocious game with playcalling

Their D beat our O in the trenches... I've no doubt that will show in the grades... at least for our right side. Without at least a draw there I've no idea what Shanny was supposed to call. Maybe more spread? But that has not been our character.

Our o-line and d-line lost this game today

What fans fail to realize is unless you have one of those all-time defenses you have a choice to make, either you try to rush the passer and pressure the QB or you hold your ground and stop the run. Now if you have great DBs, Safeties and LBs (see the Ravens of the past) you can really help that D-Line

Archived