THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyer played his worst game

Browns149

Hoyer threw the ball over the place, under, short, long and every other way to throw a horrible pass. Not too mention the 5 or more passes blocked at the line

The O-line didn't help him at all

But a "GREAT" QB over comes a suspect O-Line

Hoyer did NOT do that, he played like crap

Hoyer missed wide open guys.

If you think Hoyer is the first QB to shit the bed after a blowout you haven't been watching football long.

I never said that, And I have been watching football for 40 years

Hoyer was bad.............PERIOD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

He looked scared, he looked timid, he threw balls short, over, ahead, and behind guys,

His accuracy was AWFUL.

problem is Hoyer's supposed to be "iceman". Ice doesnt' come out and shit the bed that badly after a win that basically made him Cleveland legend. That showing today was so bad that it almost negates last week. Had he just had an off game it might not have been too bad. Stats aside cause he had a couple long throws, he basically had as bad a game as Weedon ever had here barring the Lions game where we all know what happened doesn't need to be rehashed or we'll start off on a tangent. Hoyer looked worse today than any of his preseason games. I don't know what the fuck happened. There was nothing you could tell outwardly that was wrong with him. THe only thing I can think of is that god damn story that came out midweek about him not wanting to sign unless JF was gone. That must have thrown some land mines in the lockerroom or something.

God forbid he have a bad game. Not saying he's Montana reincarnated but he's been the best we've had since we came back to the league.

He sucked it up big time. What's your plan now? Throw in a rookie who had every opportunity to beat the "career backup" but shit the bed and flew the bird?

No thanks. I'll stick with hoyer for now. If he continues to play like shit the next few games, then it may be time to yank him.

Hoyer was only a part of the terribleness of this past Sunday.

On to Oakland.

We don't know what Hoyer would have done down by 6 points with the game on the line. This game rest squarely on the shoulders of a motherfucking muffed punt deep in our own redzone, a huge no-no.

The jags did everything they could to give us the game. Hoyer isnt the only one to blame. The coaching staff has to adjust also. The O line was thw main culprit IMHO. Peyton Manning couldnt have had success with that O Line. JM wouldnt have had any either.

What do you think the seahawks fans are saying? Its all good, patience is a virtue.

It seems like most of the members have served their time on various lynch mobs for just about every quarterback the Browns have had for the last decade or so.

No matter who the Satan of the week might be nobody looks good when the O line doesn't look good.

Losing one of the best centers in the league and thereby losing two of the best guards in the league spell bad news for one of the formerly best running games in the league.

So welcome to this week's episode of Hero or Goat.

Brian Hoyer, come on down!

WSS

Hoyer has played one bad game in the 9 he has started. He led the team to some great comebacks. All you haters are having a field day, and probably are enjoying this more than a win. It's hard to over come bad play by the line, and the receivers. Make no mistake....they played as bad or worse than Hoyer in this game. Personally, I don't care if Hoyer or Manziel are in at qb. Let's just keep this in mind....I expect to see you all turn on Manziel after one bad game, as quickly as you did with Hoyer. For the guy who said he played worse than Weedon ever did.....you have a short memory. I sincerely hope when Manziel gets the chance, he proves to be the real deal, and leads this team to the playoffs. I just hope he doesn't ever have a bad game, or we will be running him out of town.

Hoyer has played one bad game in the 9 he has started. He led the team to some great comebacks. All you haters are having a field day, and probably are enjoying this more than a win. It's hard to over come bad play by the line, and the receivers. Make no mistake....they played as bad or worse than Hoyer in this game. Personally, I don't care if Hoyer or Manziel are in at qb. Let's just keep this in mind....I expect to see you all turn on Manziel after one bad game, as quickly as you did with Hoyer. For the guy who said he played worse than Weedon ever did.....you have a short memory. I sincerely hope when Manziel gets the chance, he proves to be the real deal, and leads this team to the playoffs. I just hope he doesn't ever have a bad game, or we will be running him out of town.

Dude there are plenty of guys here who are running him out of town already.

WSS

it's as if the Jags' coaching staff actually watched tape and prepared for the Browns all week. Take away the run game + don't bite on play action = way to stop Hoyer. The Browns were outcoached and outplayed. Hoyer did miss wide open throws but defense regressed back to poor tackling and were unable to stop the run. Offensive line and running backs couldn't get established. The Jags dared Hoyer to throw and he couldn't make the passes under pressure. This game was a great lesson for the Browns, it was theirs to lose and hopefully next week they'll wake up and realize every game is an NFL game and take it week by week instead of getting blinded by all the 6-2 talk.

it's as if the Jags' coaching staff actually watched tape and prepared for the Browns all week. Take away the run game + don't bite on play action = way to stop Hoyer. The Browns were outcoached and outplayed. Hoyer did miss wide open throws but defense regressed back to poor tackling and were unable to stop the run. Offensive line and running backs couldn't get established. The Jags dared Hoyer to throw and he couldn't make the passes under pressure. This game was a great lesson for the Browns, it was theirs to lose and hopefully next week they'll wake up and realize every game is an NFL game and take it week by week instead of getting blinded by all the 6-2 talk.

This makes a ton of sense to me

I'm not calling for Hoyer's release. Not calling for us to start JM.

Just stating a simple fact. All quarterbacks have bad games. Yesterday was beyond bad.

It was memories of Jake Delhomme. It was Weedenesque. The only thing missing was the

backhanded shovel pass.

Try to sugar coat it any way you want. Yesterday, Hoyer was horrible.

That's a fact.

We don't know what Hoyer would have done down by 6 points with the game on the line. This game rest squarely on the shoulders of a motherfucking muffed punt deep in our own redzone, a huge no-no.

Man, that play really killed any prayer of staying in the game. That will be on NFL Follies films for years to come. The ball isn't over your head, to wide on either side. It hits you in the fuk-n head! What do you do in practice for crying out loud!! That was one of the many dumb mistakes. Tired of yelling at the TV yesterday...

Manziel time is getting closer and closer

Another poster said it best, the multiple PA roll outs are meant for MANZIEL, not Hoyer. Hoyer is slow getting out of the play action break, Manziel shoots off the PA, a big reason why they drafted him.

His mobility also is a key to the horrid O line, Hoyer cant do much but stand in there and get sacked.

Now is it time for Hoyer to be benched? No, is it time for the future of the team to start getting acclimated in some gametime reps? Im thinking so.

Another poster said it best, the multiple PA roll outs are meant for MANZIEL, not Hoyer. Hoyer is slow getting out of the play action break, Manziel shoots off the PA, a big reason why they drafted him.

His mobility also is a key to the horrid O line, Hoyer cant do much but stand in there and get sacked.

Now is it time for Hoyer to be benched? No, is it time for the future of the team to start getting acclimated in some gametime reps? Im thinking so.

Have you even watched the games? Hoyer has excelled the MOST in the play action and boot leg plays.

Hoyer isn't going to be looking to run like Manziel, but he's far from a statue.

Anyone looking to run this kid out of town after yesterday is out of their mind.

I think it was more of a combination of the coaches and players hearing and reading about how great they have been and a very off day by the QB. I hope I 'm right and we'll know by this time next week.

Indeed. They let it go to their heads, and what they got yesterday was a reality check. Hopefully they have learned their lesson in not letting their guard down, and thinking that games against inferior opponents are gimmes.

I mean Manziel would also benefit from Shannys play action playcalling as a rookie, as has Hoyer, whose only played in a handful of games.

Manziel rolling left or right would be quicker than Hoyer, and would give Johnny time to look downfield, just like Hoyer.

I think all of us are on the same page when we say Shanny's playcalling has not only benefited Hoyer, it has protected him. Why cant the same be true with Johnny?

The play action is like the ONLY time Hoyer succeeds in throwing far downfield., and that's due to the spacing and time the PA pass gives us when we run the ball well. Johnny can get to the edge 3 times faster than Hoyer.

Im not saying start Johnny, I am saying start playing him more.

These next 2 weaker teams would make sense to give Johnny some more playing time.

Honestly, it hurts not having a mobile threat. Hoyer isn't going to make plays with his feet, his arm is already somewhat limited. The PA is like, the only reason Hoyers been competent in most games.

Maybe the coaches still have more confidence in Hoyer. Jeez if that's the case then Johnny simply isn't ready yet.

Does anyone think we see Manziel in the next couple games?

That's a fact.

No.... that's your opinion. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it is what it is... your opinion.

Fucking hilarious... Just say JM is quicker/ faster and build your case on that.

Since JM time is not planned, it can only get closer.

The Pistol, used sparingly for BH, is meant for JM.

The "read option" is meant for JM... and he can have it.

Speed "out of the play action break" means nothing unless the PA is convincing.

I mean Manziel would also benefit from Shannys play action playcalling as a rookie, as has Hoyer, whose only played in a handful of games.

Sure, if the threat of run game is there to help the PA sell.

Manziel rolling left or right would be quicker than Hoyer, and would give Johnny time to look downfield, just like Hoyer.

Not a matter of looking; is a matter of seeing...

I think all of us are on the same page when we say Shanny's playcalling has not only benefited Hoyer, it has protected him. Why cant the same be true with Johnny?

"Protected" as in maximized chances of success? God, I hope so... and yes, the same should be true for JM, but that is not the right question.

The right question is, "whose maximized chance is greatest?" And to date we know that answer.

The play action is like the ONLY time Hoyer succeeds in throwing far downfield., and that's due to the spacing and time the PA pass gives us when we run the ball well. Johnny can get to the edge 3 times faster than Hoyer.

It's not how fast to the edge (3 x faster? lol...) that matters; it's what you do, the decision you make, when you get there.

Back to the two-headed QB? No thanks...

If the Raider game starts off looking like the 5th and 6th Qtrs of the JAX game, then make the change at the half. Otherwise... no...

These next 2 weaker teams would make sense to give Johnny some more playing time.

1. We thought JAX was weak.

2. I've no doubt BH starts against OAK. Where it goes from there I do not know.

Honestly, it hurts not having a mobile threat. Hoyer isn't going to make plays with his feet, his arm is already somewhat limited. The PA is like, the only reason Hoyers been competent in most games.

There are more immobile QBs in the game than there are mobile. They all live and die with their pass protection. Ours is no different.

Maybe the coaches still have more confidence in Hoyer. Jeez if that's the case then Johnny simply isn't ready yet.

Of course the coaches have more confidence in BH. It is why he is starting. Doesn't mean JM "isn't ready"... just means BH is readier.

Next game? No. Game after that? We'll see...

yeah sorry. i'm with the more rational thinking crowd right now (?)........after one bad game you can't call for a rookie over someone that has been good for us like no one else has since '99.

you want a list of QBs that 'shit the bed' yesterday? really?

you might be surprised. SB winners, QBs with more weapons than the browns have seen since when? metcalf byner, mack, ozzie?

c'mon man.

i get it if you're a slobberin knobbin manziel fan but if your username has the word browns in it you should just step back a second and think about what you're saying.

I agree with your guys points, but yesterday was a tough one, and I'm fine with being patient, as long as we win the games we should win. Yesterday there was a lack of evidence displayed to feel a little comfortable. 3-3 is decent, but we nose dived last year being 500 also. Just hoping we can make the correct changes to fucking win the easy ones.

I agree with your guys points, but yesterday was a tough one, and I'm fine with being patient, as long as we win the games we should win. Yesterday there was a lack of evidence displayed to feel a little comfortable. 3-3 is decent, but we nose dived last year being 500 also. Just hoping we can make the correct changes to fucking win the easy ones.

agreed.

either i'm getting old or these seasons are just flying by in front of my eyes. every game means so much that you can't let the easy ones slip away or in the brown's case get shot out of the window.

yes this coaching staff has to step up NOW. along with about 50 guys wearing brown orange and white.

I'm not calling for Hoyer's release. Not calling for us to start JM.

Just stating a simple fact. All quarterbacks have bad games. Yesterday was beyond bad.

It was memories of Jake Delhomme. It was Weedenesque. The only thing missing was the

backhanded shovel pass.

That's a fact.

Worst game by far.

The whole team and coaching staff is to blame for the loss. Hopefully this was just a minor hiccup, and they get back on track and bitch slap Oakland!

Like not kicking the FG on the 24? Most of the time, I'd say roll the dice- but in a low scoring game take the points- always. Poyer deserves some goat horns too- should have just let the punt head into the end zone.

No.... that's your opinion. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it is what it is... your opinion.

What was it, something like 18-42? How many passes knocked down? Missed a wide open deep out by a mile, with no pressure on him. Threw the ball 10' over Cameron's head which would have been a sure TD.

Archived