THE BROWNS BOARD

Raider Week...

Tour2ma

Manziel is the future of the NFL...

So, while I really like Carr and Mack, I think they are both very dangerous and excellent football player that can dominate at their positions, I'm standing across from them this week and convincing myself- Not Today.

Congrats... You just may have tabbed the best QB in the Class of '14. To date Carr has looked the best.

... but saying "Manziel is the future of the NFL" puts your judgment in doubt again... ;)

Raiders fan here. When I was a kid, they were great. Not so much for the past decade.

I have no idea who will win this weekend. After the first games against NY Jets and Houston I was convinced 0-16 was our destination. I have watched NFL football for 40 years and the Raiders were the most inept, disorganized group I recall seeing. Sporano has made a big difference so we have a chance against the Browns.

-Carr looks like the real deal

-Our receivers would be twos, threes or deeper on other teams.

-Worst positions are tight end and middle LB (I don't think our MLB would even be a backup on most NFL teams)

-secondary decimated by injuries and wasn't exactly all pro to begin with.

We appear to be playing hard, Sporano has us playing together, we have a few good young players. I think we will win one or two this year...maybe against you guys?

without looking close it appears Manziel was a wasted pick...what do you guys think?

I don't hate JM at 22... I would have at 4 and at 8.

Raiders fan here. When I was a kid, they were great. Not so much for the past decade.

Many of us here could have written the above.

As for today's game, I think it really will come down to our O-line vs. your front 7...

I have no idea who will win this weekend. After the first games against NY Jets and Houston I was convinced 0-16 was our destination. I have watched NFL football for 40 years and the Raiders were the most inept, disorganized group I recall seeing. Sporano has made a big difference so we have a chance against the Browns.

-Carr looks like the real deal

-Our receivers would be twos, threes or deeper on other teams.

-Worst positions are tight end and middle LB (I don't think our MLB would even be a backup on most NFL teams)

-secondary decimated by injuries and wasn't exactly all pro to begin with.

We appear to be playing hard, Sporano has us playing together, we have a few good young players. I think we will win one or two this year...maybe against you guys?

without looking close it appears Manziel was a wasted pick...what do you guys think?

Thanks for the quick facts, I always root for the Raiders because they are the only team since I've been watching that has had it worse than Cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another close game, but we all hope the crappy lose last week has them ready today.

The bottom line with Manziel is it's too early to say anything about being a wasted pick because he hasn't played. Most everyone I've talked to though are more than glad he didn't get the week 1 start.

No gameday thread yet, so I'll post this here :

Michael McLain @MichaelMcLain2 · 2h 2 hours ago Not sure what it means but I just saw Desmond Bryant walking from the stadium towards the parking lot.

O-Line status :

Tony Grossi @TonyGrossi · 1h 1 hour ago #Browns will start Nick McDonald at C, John Greco at RG.

I think this is a good move getting Greco back at RG.

DL :

Tony Grossi @TonyGrossi · 1h 1 hour ago Other #Browns game day note: NT Ahtyba Rubin active, DE Billy Winn inactive.

Archived