THE BROWNS BOARD

Michael Sam released.

WalterWhite

He isn't coming here. Or anywhere, so give up your fantasy.

He does or doesn't I don't care, it's just we should take a look at him. If the coaching staff feels he's not a good fit he isn't a good fit. I'm just making the point that if Kruger and Sheard can play OLB so can Michael Sam..athletically at least. We need depth at OLB and at 34 DE. He can easily be a 34 DE on 3rd down. If not him than someone else. We need people now. Kruger is one back tweek away from being done for the season. That leaves us with Mingo and Sheard and if one of them goes down...than what? Shoehorn in Carder or Roberston at OLB? I'd much rather have Sam competently rushing the qb in a garter belt if that's what works for him, than seeing one more week of shit LB'er play at every spot.

He was NOT defending the run when he played us in the preseason. He was ONLY pass-rushing, because the rams spanked us that day.

Yes, he was better than other college players.. that does not move the needle in the NFL, however.

Even Sheard plays special teams.. Sam absolutely must be able/willing to play ST to earn a sniff.. and he cannot, because he's simply not athletic enough.

It's got nothing to do with his gender, his sexuality, or his love of large-caliber weaponry. He's just not that good, period.

well, Mr. Hoorta, Mike Junkin was drafted a lot higher, and still didn't make it for long,

and blew his chances with two teams.

Sam just isn't good enough to make that giant step up to the pros.

I say, fergitaboutit.

I know I didnt' say he was a finished product. But based on his pass rushing alone I'd give him a look..ain't like our guys are getting in right?

And again I just don't see how Sheard and/or Kruger are vastly more athletic than he is. I"ve watched him play he looks strong and fast around the edge. They said similar things about Werner when he came out of Fl St...he's not athletic enough or some shit like that. Well it's his second year now and he's learned to stop the run in the NFL and he's starting to get a sack every game now. I wanted the Browns to get him and do exactly what Indy is doing with him, converting him from college DE. I knew once he learned how to play with leverage AND speed in the NFL he'd be a beast. Yeah he gets to study under Robert Mathis so it's not a complete given that he'd be progressing the same here. But Sam to me is not that far off from what Werner was when he came out. He's just as strong but maybe not quite as quick off the ball as Werner, who's a freak of nature off the line. Sam proved he's got potential with how he played in the SEC. It's not enough obviously but it proves he can be developed if someone took the time. If he hadn't come out that's exactly what someone would be doing right now unfortunately for him.

He was NOT defending the run when he played us in the preseason. He was ONLY pass-rushing, because the rams spanked us that day.

Yes, he was better than other college players.. that does not move the needle in the NFL, however.

Even Sheard plays special teams.. Sam absolutely must be able/willing to play ST to earn a sniff.. and he cannot, because he's simply not athletic enough.

It's got nothing to do with his gender, his sexuality, or his love of large-caliber weaponry. He's just not that good, period.

Actually Cal, Sam had plenty of notoriety coming out of college, and not just because of his sexual orientation. First team All-American, Co-SEC Defensive player of the year (with C J Mosley), and semi-finalist for the Bednarick and Lombardi award. 11.5 sacks his senior year @ Mizzou.

Some scouting reports had him going as high as the third round. His problem making it in the NFL is he's a tweener- too small to play DE, and too slow to play OLB. Not that I'd want him- but as a free agent, he could be signed to the Practice Squad.

sounds like someone else who is taking up a roster spot right behind hoyer.

it's official, stockton has turned me into a manziel hater. you can thank him and yourselves for letting that brain dead turd stick around.

sounds like someone else who is taking up a roster spot right behind hoyer.

it's official, stockton has turned me into a manziel hater. you can thank him and yourselves for letting that brain dead turd stick around.

We have a high BS quotient around here guy. Yeah- I agree Stockton is currently at the head of the line of JFF knob polishers. But I think you should know by now, dissenting opinions are tolerated- as long as they are presented in an intelligent manner. FWIW, we hat to send one guy to cyber oblivion recently for lack of reading comprehension skills- and doing one of the few no-nos around here- repeatedly cussing out a Moderator.

Mik you weren't here when Shep was polluting the board in a 180 degree manner- touting incredible busts like Joey Harrington, Matt Leinart, Jimmy Clausen, Brady Quinn, and a host of others- proclaiming their eventual greatness- in a reverse Stockton like manner. He was defending them, even when it was apparent to a certified cretin they sucked beyond belief.

... I think you should know by now, dissenting opinions are tolerated- as long as they are presented in an intelligent manner.

... or (apparently) like a mantra... ;

Mik you weren't here when Shep was polluting the board in a 180 degree manner- touting incredible busts like Joey Harrington, Matt Leinart, Jimmy Clausen, Brady Quinn, and a host of others- proclaiming their eventual greatness- in a reverse Stockton like manner. He was defending them, even when it was apparent to a certified cretin they sucked beyond belief.

Ahhhhhhhh, the good ole days.

Archived