THE BROWNS BOARD

Good article on Brian

StocktonShorts

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2014/10/brian-hoyer-cleveland-browns-johnny-manziel/

This is a good read:

Take a look at these four stat lines from seven game samples and guess who these quarterbacks are.

Hoyer.png

If you guessed Brian Hoyer was player A, Matt Cassel was player B, Ryan Fitzpatrick was player C, and player D was Josh Freeman, you are correct—and you need to seriously reconsider things you commit to memory. Of course, Cassel, Fitzpatrick, and Freeman each have followed up their shockingly good performances with less-than-stellar careers. This excercise is not meant to prove that Hoyer will follow their careers and end up as a career backup, but rather to show that this phenomenon happens. Average quarterbacks in a system that fits well with talented players and coaches around them can succeed in this league and even win games. The issue remains that if they are not surrounded by a combination of these factors, many quarterbacks regress to the mean and struggle.

dude. change your avatar back to the youngMC pic. now the avatar is a pic of someone you killed and stole their identity from or you're just posing as someone else (or not) but at halloween you'll be the same old dolt.

please stockton. just fly away. go away. disappear........something.

good to know you're optimism about the browns and hoyer's success flew right out the window with the one bad loss.

what'd happen on a pizza and beer run if things didn't live up to your expectations? kill 'em all?

psycho.

"Average quarterbacks in a system that fits well with talented players and coaches around them can succeed in this league and even win games"

Which talented skill players are surrounding Hoyer? Tate - a fellow career backup averaging 4.0 YPC; Jordan Cameron has had one good game this year; Hawkins, Austin and Gabriel? In total wanted by about 1 team.

I'm not saying Hoyer is Brady or Rodgers, making any supporting cast look great, but it's unfair to say he's surrounded by pro-bowl calibre players and is just letting them do the work.

Hoyer has won 66% of his matches as a Browns starter, he's getting very harshly treated by the Browns fans on here and elsewhere at the moment.

If we struggle the next two games then yes he will have questions to answer but he deserves his place

Hoyer has won 66% of his matches as a Browns starter, he's getting very harshly treated by the Browns fans on here and elsewhere at the moment.

If we struggle the next two games then yes he will have questions to answer but he deserves his place

OP isn't a browns fans. He's a manziel fluffer.

"Average quarterbacks in a system that fits well with talented players and coaches around them can succeed in this league and even win games"

Which talented skill players are surrounding Hoyer? Tate - a fellow career backup averaging 4.0 YPC; Jordan Cameron has had one good game this year; Hawkins, Austin and Gabriel? In total wanted by about 1 team.

I'm not saying Hoyer is Brady or Rodgers, making any supporting cast look great, but it's unfair to say he's surrounded by pro-bowl calibre players and is just letting them do the work.

I don't think it's the world-class receiving corps but they are adequate. I think the talent that surrounds Brian Hoyer is, was, one of the best offensive lines in the league and 3 very very good running backs. Gave him the opportunity to throw fewer passes. Also made the defense look both ways before they cross the street. Without the run it's a one way street.

WSS

• 34th in Completion Percentage
  • 18th in Passing Yards/Game
  • 22nd in QBR
  • 23rd in Passer Rating
  • 25th in Touchdowns

WHILE PLAYING AGAINST THE FOLLOWING PASS DEFENSES

• Ravens 24th
  • Saints 28th
  • Titans 21st
  • Steelers 13th
  • Steelers 13th
  • Jaguars 30th

For a collective:

21.5 Ranked Passing Defense (Bottom 30% of the league)(Despite each team having played a lower half QB in Hoyer, Steelers twice)

POWER RANKINGS OF TEAMS PLAYED

9 (L)

15 (L)

15 (W)

22 (W)

28 (W) Nice Comeback!

31 (L)

at 29 years old.

One bad game?

Ok.

To go with his (I'm being nice) mediocre ones?

Congrats!

manzielxp.gif

^^That's actually a pretty fair post TXDawg. Here's what I know for sure and I've said in other threads: If Hoyer goes out and stinks it up like he did in Jax, the johnny rumbles will start in a hurry.

I say (and therefore it's fact) he has 3 bad games before Johnny gets serious playing time. One vs Jags has been used up. You could argue 8/17 vs Titans could qualify, but we got the win because he completed deep passes on PA.

If the line doesn't hold up without Mack, expect Manziel in there before season's end.

Just my 2p.

Here's one key quote that shows that the author of Stocky's "good read" (translation, "I agree with the premise and conclusions") is not paying attention.

"While standing behind the best offensive line in football, Hoyer was able to take a luxurious amount of time to allow receivers to get open, never once worrying about the pressure."

Anyone who has watched Hoyer knows that his greatest quality is getting the ball out quickly and in time. It is what Shanny's offense demands and it is what Hoyer has delivered.

And the guess the QB game was way too easy... obviously Hoyer's stats were going to be the worst...

Archived