THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in The AFC North

Zombo

Tight schedule ... hopefully I can come back and fill in the details before kickoff, but this is what TGZ's crystal ball sees tomorrow:

Baltimore at Cincinnati 1:00 PM

Bungles better at home. BUNGLES 31 RATBIRDS 20

Oakland at Cleveland 4:25 PM

Brounce rebound with a trouncing BROWNS 42 RAIDERS 10

Indianapolis at Pittsburgh 4:25 PM

Colts too much class for Stillers. COLTS 30 STEELERS 10

TGZ

Last Week: 1-3

Season: 15-11

Weekly Results . Prev .. .. Last . . YTD
Straight-up ......... 13-8-1 .. 2-2 ... 15-10-1
Vs. the spread .... 16-6 ..... 2-2 ... 18-8

Baltimore @ Cincinnati (+1.0 )
This one scares me more than it should because I thought the Ravens were a lock getting points, but now the Fav has flipped... and in flip scenarios I'm going against Vegas.

Nonetheless BLT is just the more complete team. Their D allows the fewest PPG in the league. They've been building all year while CIN has deteriorated. Think we're disappointed in our D?

Some "must wins" are just not must winnable...
Prediction: BLT 34 CIN 20

Indianapolis @ Pittsburgh (+3.0)

No such Vegas jitters here... IND opened spotting PTG 3 and the line held all week long.

But for the Texans' 3-minute melt-down as the half approached on MNF, the Steelers would be staring up at us from a 3-4 record.

Surprise of the year to date may be that the Cowboys' D is not terrible, but close in that race is that the Colts' D is actually very, very good. Combine a 4th ranked D with a 2nd ranked O and you have one long day for the Steelers.
Prediction: IND 38 PTG 20

Oakland (+7.0) @ Cleveland
Watched last week's OAK game against the Cards. Their O isn't bad. So far Carr looks like the best of the 2014 QB class and while their run game is the lesser of the threats they present, our run D is what it is.

On the other hand their D is nowhere near the level of the one that produced our Week 7 nightmare... either athletically or discipline-wise. We will be able to run on the OAK D. We will be able to pass against the OAK D.

I think this one is going to be a bit of a shoot-out. And while I see us winning, for the first time all year, I do not see an AFCN winner covering.
Prediction: CLE 34 OAK 30

Baltimore at Cincinnati 1:00 PM:

Have to go with Balt in this game. They are playing really solid ball and the Bengals haven't won in 3 weeks. In fact, they seem like they're getting worse. Which is what they do. Plus, they won game #1 and Balt is gonna take that back. I see Cinn getting crushed. Balt 38 - Cinn 24

Indianapolis at Pittspuke 4:25 PM:

Indianapolis all the way. Pittspuke will have no home field advantage because their fans already gave up and Luck will slice and dice them. Into tiny bits. It will be very ugly, but in a beautiful sort of way. :)Indy 34 - Squealers 13

Oakland at Cleveland 4:25 PM

Browns rebound strong this week. Really feel good against this team at home. Looking for another strong game from the db's, improvement on the line and expect to get back to a lot of running. Planning on a decisive win. BROWNS 27 - oak 17

Who let this bitch back in. Should be a permanent ban for the wahbaby.

Never was banned and I wasnt here slamming sh.it in everyone's face after the browns lost last week, even though I easily could have....im very happy to just read and post occasionally. It's dipshits like you that get me posting more than you desire. I've checked the board at least once per day since I last posted. I haven't been silent because of a ban. I've been silent because I don't like shitting up the board nor did I think it was necessary to rub it in....

Pgh has a nonexistent pass rush. If Brian Hoyer lit them up for over 30 points, what will Andrew Luck do? Potentially he will cut them to ribbons, 40 points or more. Nothing wrong with Pgh offense, they have many weapons.

It could be a looooong day.

I would agree had I not watched the game last week. Some of it may have had to do with rotating cam Thomas with our huge rookie Daniel McCullers who is insanely strong but very raw. He at one point pushed Myers their center ten yards in to the backfield right past fitzpatrick. Despite the history the steelers also haven't been blitzing all that much. They forced those turnovers last week because of the pass rush. Took forever for it to show up.

Edit: cam Thomas needs a snap count of 20 or less per game and he had that last week. I just hope "big mount" McCullers gets more snaps. He's insane strong and huge.

http://i.imgur.com/dymMloS.gif

I know you guys don't give a damn about this but I thought this was hilarious. Crazy strong but just pushes him right past Fitzpatrick. It forces fitzpatrick in to trouble but he needs to disengage.

Yea if he would have disengaged and made a play that would have been amazing. The center got a good jump and him and he still manhandled him. Looks like a beast

I'm betting the steelers carry momentum from last week. Martavis Bryant getting activated gave them a big stretch the field body and the defense was finally blitzing.

Momentum? Like you got every conceivable break the last couple minutes of the first half? The Texans had you and did a monumental meltdown.

Colts may well be the toughest team left on your schedule. Lose to the Colts and Ravens and you have an uphill battle to the playoffs.

Momentum? Like you got every conceivable break the last couple minutes of the first half? The Texans had you and did a monumental meltdown.

Colts may well be the toughest team left on your schedule. Lose to the Colts and Ravens and you have an uphill battle to the playoffs.

Those "breaks" were made possible because of pressure, something they wereng doing all season up until that point.

Browns vs. Raiders pred:

coming off their their worst loss of the year, pettinne and crew have this team fired up. they know it's another trap game with another hot rookie QB coming in to prove himself.

the key to the game is to cover the run up the middle and the play-action by carr. mcfadden is good for a 100 yd. game with the big boys. pettine needs to figure out how to stop that w/o carr goint to ply-action and killing us.

biggest game of the year for the defense.

offensively, run the rock. then when you think you can't do it anymore....run the rock. loosen up the edges. let hoyer get in a flow where he's not the one dictating play action pass. when you see a weak link exploit it and throw the ball down the field.

i think it'll be tougher than people expect.

browns 31 raiders 24

http://i.imgur.com/dymMloS.gif

I know you guys don't give a damn about this but I thought this was hilarious. Crazy strong but just pushes him right past Fitzpatrick. It forces fitzpatrick in to trouble but he needs to disengage.

Well if the NFL does not work out he could go be a sumo wrestler. Undeniably big and strong but I have seen him look like a bear slapping at a swarm of bees. On that particular play it looked like he was working out against a junior varsity team blocking sled.

Well if the NFL does not work out he could go be a sumo wrestler. Undeniably big and strong but I have seen him look like a bear slapping at a swarm of bees. On that particular play it looked like he was working out against a junior varsity team blocking sled.

Still raw which is why he was drafted as late as he was, he's still not sure how to effectively use his body. If and when he figures it out, holy hell. He may never put it together tho. I obviously hope he does. We need a 3/4 nose in a major way.

Yea if he would have disengaged and made a play that would have been amazing. The center got a good jump and him and he still manhandled him. Looks like a beast

This - he just looked super focused on pushing his guys back, not disengaging and making a play. Maybe he's a little forest gump?

Crazy strong? Have another play showing similar movement? One where the O-lineman does not stand straight up?

Exactly...

Crazy strong? Have another play showing similar movement? One where the O-lineman does not stand straight up?

Exactly...

He's a rookie and played ten snaps last week. Pft graded him out in the positive for those ten snaps so he played consistent. As far as the breaks are concerned they came to fruition because of a pass rush not because Fitzpatrick decided it was a grand time to implode.

This - he just looked super focused on pushing his guys back, not disengaging and making a play. Maybe he's a little forest gump?

Yep to that, I saw the same thing. If he responds to coaching he could be quite a bargain for a 6th rounder. You can work with hyperfocus, if you channel it properly. I may watch the Pgh game just to see what he does. Either way good entertainment.

Yep to that, I saw the same thing. If he responds to coaching he could be quite a bargain for a 6th rounder. You can work with hyperfocus, if you channel it properly. I may watch the Pgh game just to see what he does. Either way good entertainment.

He's rotating with can thomas so he's not a full time start at the nose. He's also not forest bump unless you are talking about unrelenting focus and thats just because he's learning and raw.

Bad week, but I got the one that counts half right... and it was the right half.

Baltimore @ Cincinnati (+1.0 )

Prediction: BLT 34 CIN 20

Final: Cin 27 BLT 24 - L/L

Indianapolis @ Pittsburgh (+3.0)

Prediction: IND 38 PTG 20

Final: PTG 51 IND 34 - L/L

Oakland (+7.0) @ Cleveland

Prediction: CLE 34 OAK 30

Final: CLE 23 OAK 13 - W/L

Weekly Results ... Prev ..... Last ... YTD

Straight-up ......... 15-10-1 .. 1-3 ... 16-13-1

Vs. the spread .... 18-8 ....... 0-4 ... 18-12