THE BROWNS BOARD

Can we just enjoy the season?

ramblin

... Bo Wallace, of Ole Miss, has been playing great this season. Until tonight.

... Bo throws for a TD to win the game..... Except, it was a very, very poor decision and throw, and it was intercepted by LSU.

... and decision making is at the heart of our QB choice. Clearly it is why BH wins our starts over JM.

I understand you will always have naysayers. I have no problem with that. And I also understand that the team and players should be criticized and held accountable when they don't play well.

I'm just sick of the fact that Johnny Football being on the roster is dominating the season. The Browns are making improvement - you don't go from where we were to the Super Bowl in one year. And if Johnny isn't on the roster, that is the talk of the season. But when we lose, it's put Johnny in. And when we win, it is still put Johnny in.

The fan boys need to look at it from a different perspective. What was Hoyer coming into this season? A local kid with 3 career starts, never mind at this point that they were all wins.

Coming into the season, Hoyer was 29 years old, only 3 career starts, coming off a knee injury and going to be a free agent. Think about that for a minute and realize that the easiest thing for the coaching staff to do would be to play Johnny Football. I mean, why would the coaching staff even bother with somebody in Hoyer's situation with a future, first-ballot hall of famer on their bench?!?

I hate to burst the fan boy's bubble, but there is only one logical reason that Manziel isn't playing - he isn't good enough.

I can't take it anymore. The Cleveland Browns are 3-3. Brian Hoyer is 6-3 as the starting quarterback of the CLEVELAND BROWNS, not the Seahawks, Patriots, 49ers, etc. The Cleveland Browns. Yet it is not good enough. I can't turn on the radio without hearing negative crap. Why? Really one reason only...Johnny Football is on the bench! Ridiculous.

The moron on The FAN, who is surrounded by former players everywhere he goes yet thinks his opinion is the most important, actually said the following:

The Browns would RATHER LOSE than play Manziel.

Are you kidding me!! The idea that a coaching staff, whose job retention will solely be judged on wins, would intentionally not give their team the best chance to win is the most idiotic statement about football that I have ever heard.

And then this one:

The Browns are a few plays from being 1-5.

Yes, they are. They are also a few plays from being 5-1 so I guess it depends on your outlook. Seven weeks ago, 3-3 would have been perfectly acceptable to any Browns fan. Yet, here we sit, and for many, it is anything but acceptable.

A true Browns fan should be happy where we are right now. Critical of some things, absolutely! But happy overall.

So to all you Manziel fan boys who say you are true Browns fans, yet are not happy with the season, please get up off of your knees and accept the following:

The coaching staff will put the player on the field that gives the team the best chance to win. They are not going to willingly give their team anything other than the best chance to win the game. So, Manziel will play when the people WHO SEE HIM EVERY DAY feel playing him is the best chance to win.

If the season had gone exactly the same to this point except Manziel was the quarterback, would you fan boys be calling for Hoyer to play? We all know the answer to that.

And to Chuck Booms, he of the "I've SEEEEEENNNN it before" mantra, show some balls and pick the Raiders Sunday on Tailgate. We all know you want them to win so Johnny can play. Otherwise, shut up and let us true Browns fans enjoy watching our team compete for the first time in awhile.

How do you enjoy the season when your team loses 10-12 games each and every year?? And the only excitement is in the offseason talk about the draft and then they shit their pants in the draft with lousy picks!

dawg08 - are you saying the Browns had a lousy draft this year?

Look, it could be next week, but Manziel is not going to play until the coaching staff decides he gives the team the best chance to win. Anybody that knows anything about football or sports understands this. So all I want is for the fan boys to shut up, enjoy the fact that the Browns are 4-3, only one game back and very much in control of their playoff fate. It's been awhile since anybody could say that.

I was asked before training camp opened my opinion on the QB's. Somebody made a statement that they really liked Hoyer and asked me what I thought. I said it doesn't matter and I was asked why. It's simple, Hoyer could go 30-31 for 1,000 yards and 30 TD's and the fan boys would still be screaming for Manziel. Obviously, those aren't his stats, but that is exactly what is going on right now. It doesn't matter what the TEAM is doing, all the fan boys are concerned about is whether Manziel is playing or not.

By the way, I'm not saying that Manziel will not be a superstar in this league. He might. But when you consider he was drafted 22nd, clearly any team looking for a franchise QB could have taken him. Hell, any team that really wanted him could have gotten him before 22. Do you ever wonder why the Browns are the only team looking for a franchise QB that wanted him?

Archived