THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 draft.

WalterWhite

IF sheard leaves then we should make a run at Houston. Problem is we'll have a lot of cash tied up at both OLB spots. I don't see any big time DE/OLB type in this draft either. Hard to say we don't need OL though. We haven't drafted high at OL since JT and it shows. We need something on that line and it either has to come from FA or from the draft. If there's the same type of talent out there next year as there was this past draft...we don't have a choice but to draft OL. The right side of that line cannot be ignored any longer.

Well you'd have Sheard's contracts off the books. Keep in mind Kruger's deal with actually quite team friendly. However if the team does take a serious run at Houston, more importantly Houston entertains the idea, Kruger would likely

be expendable at that point as well. Houston will probably command top 10 money for any defensive player regardless of position.

Well you'd have Sheard's contracts off the books. Keep in mind Kruger's deal with actually quite team friendly. However if the team does take a serious run at Houston, more importantly Houston entertains the idea, Kruger would likely

be expendable at that point as well. Houston will probably command top 10 money for any defensive player regardless of position.

Im thinking they'll put a franchise tag on Houston. Gonna have to pay him anyway, so why not protect him ?

He would be an awesome pickup, but dont think they'll let him go.

I'm one of those guys who's always looking at the mock drafts. Yeah, I know. Anyway, since basically the start of the season everyone has been mocking an OT and a WR to the browns. The players might change, but the positions are basically the same across all the mocks. The thinking being, Mitchell Schwartz isn't very good, and we don't have any WRs without Gordon.

I put the chances of this at approximately zero - no way with Farmer & Pettine do we go all offense in Round 1. I can see a 2nd or 3rd round receiver, maybe a big all-round tight end in the first if there's a guy that can catch and block. But I think our first pick, at the moment will (and arguably should) end up being a pass rusher.

• 4 weeks later...

Junior DE Noah Spence has been ruled ineligible for all big ten athletics, therefore his Ohio St. career is over. He basically stated on social media that he'll enter the NFL draft. He's a first round talent that Mel Kiper has rated at #22. He'll probably fall due to his issues (two failed drug tests) but he seems committed to bettering himself and moving ahead. Definitely worth keeping an eye on him. He's a baller.

Junior DE Noah Spence has been ruled ineligible for all big ten athletics, therefore his Ohio St. career is over. He basically stated on social media that he'll enter the NFL draft. He's a first round talent that Mel Kiper has rated at #22. He'll probably fall due to his issues (two failed drug tests) but he seems committed to bettering himself and moving ahead. Definitely worth keeping an eye on him. He's a baller.

Just the influence Josh Gordon needs, great idea.

Just the influence Josh Gordon needs, great idea.

Yes, drafting a value pick who will have been over a year removed from a test positive for ecstasy will make Josh Gordon start smoking weed again.

I've heard Joe Thomas likes to hunt. We better get rid of Crowell before they start swapping guns.

BPA

BPA

BPA

A solid core is built. Depending on who we lose/gain in free agency, we might not have any absolutely glaring holes at all.

Take the studliest player available and stock this team with top-tier talent. If there's a contract conflict, worry about it later.

BPA

BPA

BPA

A solid core is built. Depending on who we lose/gain in free agency, we might not have any absolutely glaring holes at all.

Take the studliest player available and stock this team with top-tier talent. If there's a contract conflict, worry about it later.

Yup... resort to "need" only in case of a true tie on the board.

Archived