THE BROWNS BOARD

Some of You so called Browns Fans

ElderDawg2

Unfreaking believeable . Yes we are 4 and 3 we won today AND YET some of you STILL insist we take out our staring QB and put in an untested ,no experience rookie ! Just because he was drafted in the first round and those tv people continue to ask where`s Johnny? Just how long did it take us to get to 4 wins last year? And without our 2 best recievers, All of you people who think JF is the best thing for Cleveland just sit your happy asses down and enjoy the fact that if JF goes in now it will NOT be the opening of the sea or that he will just light up the North with wins.He will lose games also ,he will get sacked . Quiet as it kept he is probality glad he is not starting , he is learning by watching someday maybe this will be his turn but not now. Defenses would eat him up and spit out the bones. Hoyer is winning is he having a rough patch now yes but so is the WHOLE offense running & blocking since Mack is out , the defense has had their rough times also but hopefully getting better . STAY with the one that got you to the point where we are at least being mentioned in the playoff picture , not a COMPLETE unknown and that is just what JF is at this time an UNKNOWN . I will take wins like this one all season long ,why ? Hoyer gives us the best KNOWN chance of winning a game

Browns fans aren't calling for Johnny, it's the Johnny Finger knob polishers that are. Brian is 7-3 as the Browns' starter, and 5-1 at home.......... Winner.

I'm not prepared to write Hoyer a blank check. I want JF to sit for a year or two and then a serious competition begins. If Hoyer wanted JF out of Cleveland than he might not be our guy. No competitor says that. No other starter at any other position on the field gets to dictate the 2nd stringer so why should a QB? The issue is settled for this year unless Hoyer starts to shit the bed regularly. I'm all for paying him well for a couple years but not some long term contract that makes him our defacto starter for 8 years.

Hoyer is not a top 10 qb, but he's the best we have, until we find out about Manziel. Alot of these idiots on talk shows with their agendas, just want Manziel in there...no matter what the consequenses might be. I can't stand to listen to Chuck Booms anymore....he;'s an idiot. As I said....Hoyer is not a top 10 qb, but he's not a bottom 10, either. By listening to these morons you would swear we lost to Oakland and he threw 4 int.'s. Actually his qb rating for yesterday was 111.5. I'm all for finding out what Manziel can do, but he wouldn't make much difference with our running game and o line playing the way it is. In fact....Peyton Manning wouldn't make much difference. Hoyer is probably not the long term solution, but he's doing just fine.

True! Brian is the the future! #TradeMe

LOL! Hi JF. I told 'em this summer you'd find this place like you did texags. :P:lol:

PS-I'd carry the water bucket (or the Gatoraide bottle) for 1/10 your pay. ^_^

PSS-these guys don't get sarcasm too well.

The game made me wish we took Carr over Manzeil, which is what I wanted them to do.

I said it in another thread, but part of the reason Carr looked good was the Oakland pass catchers are very athletic dudes. I can think of 4-5 throws he made that were superb grabs. He looked solid, but nothing about Carr made me go wow either. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a firm starter in the NFL, maybe in LA?

I said it in another thread, but part of the reason Carr looked good was the Oakland pass catchers are very athletic dudes. I can think of 4-5 throws he made that were superb grabs. He looked solid, but nothing about Carr made me go wow either. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a firm starter in the NFL, maybe in LA?

This game didn't make me wish we took Carr, but I'd say he's playing pretty good given his situation. He looks better than some of the other rookies out there.

Guy didn't get drafted into a very good situation, he played decent despite getting smacked pretty hard by Kruger & co. a few times.

BTW, yesterday was "just another day" for Brian............... No pics. None. Zero. Nada. Some of us need to close our eyes, and remember exactly how they felt each and EVERY time Weeden/Colt/Quinn/ect.. dropped back to pass.

For me it was a large dose of fear, smothered in panic with just a smidge of optimism mixed in, all the while rocking back and forth like a mental patient, while muttering under my breath "no mistakes - no mistakes - no mistakes".

Just another day for the Browns O not turning it over.

BTW, yesterday was "just another day" for Brian............... No pics. None. Zero. Nada. Some of us need to close our eyes, and remember exactly how they felt each and EVERY time Weeden/Colt/Quinn/ect.. dropped back to pass.

For me it was a large dose of fear, smothered in panic with just a smidge of optimism mixed in, all the while rocking back and forth like a mental patient, while muttering under my breath "no mistakes - no mistakes - no mistakes".

Just another day for the Browns O not turning it over.

If you don't turn the ball over, the results are usually good.

Even against the jags Brian didn't make bad reads except for a couple of his incompletions.

I think Hoyer played better against the jags than most are giving him credit for. He often had a guy in his face by the time he could set, no time to make progressions. The big criticized TD miss to Cameron was high because an arm was right in the throwing. Yea he could a dropped it in, but still not an easy throw for him to make. Also didn't help that Cameron didn't make more of an effort.

Even against the jags Brian didn't make bad reads except for a couple of his incompletions.

I think Hoyer played better against the jags than most are giving him credit for. He often had a guy in his face by the time he could set, no time to make progressions. The big criticized TD miss to Cameron was high because an arm was right in the throwing. Yea he could a dropped it in, but still not an easy throw for him to make. Also didn't help that Cameron didn't make more of an effort.

Insane thing to praise Hoyer for yesterday. He had 4 passes that hit Raiders in the hands and they dropped. He made a INT read and a INT throw they just didn't catch them. If Hoyer fumbled four times but the Browns recovered it each time you wouldn't be on here saying "I'm glad Hoyer doesn't fumble".

And on the Jaguars play, he missed 25 passes. Twenty Five and you're saying "Oh its better then you give him credit for" and that specific play against Cameron was easy. It was easy. No hands up nothing you just said is correct, the lane was great, Cameron separated himself, was wide open and it was missed. Not just a little missed either, but by about 10 yards.

Of course your biased brain could never process that correctly, but in a way trying to defend that performance shows just how little you actually think of Hoyer, you actively have to bend reality to try and cover up the truth.

Read and enjoy http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-10-27/brian-hoyer-johnny-manziel-browns-raiders-week-8-win-quarterback-controversy-cleveland-mike-pettine

You said it. Turnovers usually dictate who wins.

Good thing Hoyer throws so few interceptions. Pretty sure he has the fewest in the league percentage wise(0.9%).

Turnovers hurt so much more than a few missed passes.

Hoyer 2 interceptions in 210 throws and Hoyer 700 win pct as a starter.

Insane thing to praise Hoyer for yesterday. He had 4 passes that hit Raiders in the hands and they dropped. He made a INT read and a INT throw they just didn't catch them. If Hoyer fumbled four times but the Browns recovered it each time you wouldn't be on here saying "I'm glad Hoyer doesn't fumble".

And on the Jaguars play, he missed 25 passes. Twenty Five and you're saying "Oh its better then you give him credit for" and that specific play against Cameron was easy. It was easy. No hands up nothing you just said is correct, the lane was great, Cameron separated himself, was wide open and it was missed. Not just a little missed either, but by about 10 yards.

Of course your biased brain could never process that correctly, but in a way trying to defend that performance shows just how little you actually think of Hoyer, you actively have to bend reality to try and cover up the truth.

Read and enjoy http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-10-27/brian-hoyer-johnny-manziel-browns-raiders-week-8-win-quarterback-controversy-cleveland-mike-pettine

I know you don't know anything about football and you cite every basement blog post in the world.

But, there's more to the game than just Hoyer. Hoyer needs to play better, so does pretty much every position and unit. I'm saying Hoyer isn't as bad as you're making it seek by shoving it down everyone's throat.

Hoyer got lucky on a couple as is the only thing you wanna talk about, he forced some throws because the coverage was pretty tight and pressure was coming.

And despite what everybody is saying about them stacking the box every down. They really didn't on Hoyers in completions. Most of them had the jags bringing 4.

But of course you only read backroom blog posts so they tell the whole story. I saw McQuistan with his face in the turf on many occasions. Leaving edge rushers unblocked, no running lanes. Passing lanes were not wide open.

Anyway, Hoyers missed TD to Cameron, with the "wide open" throwing lane. I don't doubt that throw couldn't have been made, but it's not an easy throw.

https://photos-1.dropbox.com/t/1/AADAB9LxkxPSaKe2WOiTWjoopjVt6KR63O68O4xkDq00Cw/12/109077595/jpeg/1024x768/3/1414450800/0/2/_20141027_160231.JPG/DxRz_lCKd5tD2BAd2I5CLblFhKSi5OEylJaUooog6pg

Chill out on your blog citations and learn how to watch a football game.

Hawkins was interviewed after the game, and said that Hoyer is a leader,

and that all sorts of mistakes are being made out there, by wr's,

line blockiing, etc. He said Hoyer was the leader of the offense.

Give the Hoyer hate a rest, haters.

Archived