THE BROWNS BOARD

weeden vs mccoy

cdl15

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this does confirm that Cleveland is where QB's go to die. A couple just got born again elsewhere on the same night! LOL! :lol::lol:

And I know what Jerrah was thinking when Romo went down, "Damn I knew I should not have let them talk me out of JFF @#16!"

reminds me of when James Taylor opened for the who in Cleveland and was nearly booed off the stage. The next year the who returned and Pete Townshend called out crowd for being assholes the previous year since Taylor was now a big star.

;)

WSS

Ha...... I saw the same thing happen at an Outlaws concert at JCU.......Charlie Weiner opened for them and started telling jokes and playing his geetar.......then the crowd got nasty fast.....started throwing stuff.....and literally chased the poor guy out of the auditorium.....the Outlaws came out shaking their heads and scolded us.....then they RAWKED THE HOUSE MAN!....:)

reminds me of when James Taylor opened for the who in Cleveland and was nearly booed off the stage. The next year the who returned and Pete Townshend called out crowd for being assholes the previous year since Taylor was now a big star.

I saw Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks booed off the Public Auditorium stage. Promoter had for some reason sandwiched them between Redbone (not Leon) and Steppenwolf.

Billy Bass did not wait a year... he ripped the crowd a new one that nite...

Ha...... I saw the same thing happen at an Outlaws concert at JCU.......

JCU??? I knew there was something wrong with you...

The insulting my screen name i dont like. Ill own up to anything i say. I posted in another thread that the Skins always play the Cowboys hard.

uggg, im out, im pissed!

Pissed about what? Something that was said to you here? If so, grow a spine.

Or pissed that the Cowboys lost? Fair enough. You should be mad at Jerrah for insisting that Romo be let back in instead of leaving Weeden in. Weeden actually showed those flashes that made him enticing. On the other hand, maybe is is good that you got Weeden out of there. After all, he only shows flashes. He never can sustain. If he had stayed in he may have easily coughed it up for you....not that Romo didn't try his best to do so.

I saw Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks booed off the Public Auditorium stage. Promoter had for some reason sandwiched them between Redbone (not Leon) and Steppenwolf.

I saw Mott the Hoople at JCU...and the backup band was Aerosmith.....as was right.

Because (Weeden) was healthy and had a quick release of his ball, so the blitz would have been more ineffective against him.

Quick release? We talkin' 'bout the same Wheezy?

Might as well say WSH was scared of Wheezy's mobility...

Good for Colt. I always liked the kid and felt bad for him having to try to learn the pro game here. He had no shot to be successful as a Cleveland Brown. No oline, no running game, no receivers. Thrown into the game before he was ready.

Weeden was always able to entice with that arm strength, but I don't see him as anything other than a strong armed, weak brained QB. Recipe for disaster if called upon every game. He will always be "Flipper" to me. lol

Quick release? We talkin' 'bout the same Wheezy?

Might as well say WSH was scared of Wheezy's mobility...

Weeden's release is very quick.....when he makes quick decisions. His problem was that he clearly lacked the ability to make those quick decisions on a regular basis. And also, oftentimes when he did make a quick decision it was the wrong one.

They weren't blitzing Weeden. Why?

They threw one blitz at him, which he beat with a screen. He only had 5 other passes and 3 of those were in the red zone, where wash wouldn't blitz anyway. So, there really were only 2 other opps.

Because he was healthy and had a quick release of his ball, so the blitz would have been more ineffective against him. They were trying to make a double knockout blow of Romo when he went back in.....and almost succeeded.

I think they were smelling blood too.

Weeden's release is very quick.....when he makes quick decisions. His problem was that he clearly lacked the ability to make those quick decisions on a regular basis. And also, oftentimes when he did make a quick decision it was the wrong one.

He's a gifted thrower for sure, his problem is between the ears. He takes 10 years to go through his progressions and he doesn't have any form of foot work.

The problem is you wouldn't mind keeping a raw talent like that around for 4 years and try to develop him behind a vet starter, but developing a 30 y/o with nothing but arm talent isn't a risk most teams would take, especially with a first round pick.

I always wondered how Colt would have played had he not suffered that freak hit from Dareus and actually had WR's to throw to in Cleveland. Specifically that hit, though. It really changed him, physically and mentally.

I loved him in College, so excited when we got the chance to pick him in the 3rd.

I saw Mott the Hoople at JCU...and the backup band was Aerosmith.....as was right.

All the young dudes...

I had no idea what happened in MNF until l went into work today and heard the known Dallas fan say, "we shoulda left Weeden in..."

I couldn't help but pop around the corner and ask him what the hell he was talking about.

Actually l did that Scooby Doo "Hrrr?" noise he makes when he has a question, which is the equivalent of "what the hell are you talking about."

All the young dudes...

I had no idea what happened in MNF until l went into work today and heard the known Dallas fan say, "we shoulda left Weeden in..."

I couldn't help but pop around the corner and ask him what the hell he was talking about.

Actually l did that Scooby Doo "Hrrr?" noise he makes when he has a question, which is the equivalent of "what the hell are you talking about."

They shoulda left Weeden in because putting in Romo was a big risk for the rest of their season. Romo's having a great year, 100+ QBR, etc. - not having them changes their post season predicament quite a bit. (Even if it is romo)

Weeden wasn't in for very long but I guess he had a few nice throws.

The insulting my screen name i dont like. Ill own up to anything i say. I posted in another thread that the Skins always play the Cowboys hard.

uggg, im out, im pissed!

Hello? Now you possibly feel about like us losing to the sucking Jags?

They always suck you in. Give you hope. Then break your heart.

Anyways, still 6-2 and in first place. Not all is lost. Weeden looked pretty damn good. Wish they would have kept him in.

Weeden sucks- just give him time- trurst us.

;)

WSS

If that's the immortal 1970 concert Steve- it wasn't Taylor. It was Joe Wash & the James Gang as the opening act. Don't recall Taylor getting booed either.

Do remember Dan Hicks & the Hot Licks getting booed off the stage but the main attraction was Johnny Winter- talk about piss poor scheduling.

Dan Hicks- a band that should be forgotten. Are you stupid, or what? You want to trot our your kind of act before that sort of stuff?

all the young dudes written by bowie and given to ian hunter. sorta as a "if you can't make this a hit, you must really suck" type thing.

Mott the Hoople had plenty of good songs ...and some very good albums all on their own. In fact, they do the Dudes song much better than Bowie does.

Archived