THE BROWNS BOARD

weeden vs mccoy

cdl15

WeDone v McFrye delivered highest MNF ratings since 2009. I'm sure they got a boost from NE Ohio.

Zombo

Will probably land higher ratings than Brady vs. Manning coming up this week. And hey, there is a game coming up Pittsburgh vs. Cinci.....maybe both BR and Duelin' Dalton can perish in a shootout and we will have Jason Campbell vs. Bruce Gradkowski.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeden's release is very quick.....when he makes quick decisions.

No... he does not have a quick release. You are still confusing arm speed with release.

all the young dudes written by bowie and given to ian hunter. sorta as a "if you can't make this a hit, you must really suck" type thing.

Bowie also produced the Dudes LP and played Sax on it...

Bowie promised one group and one individual he would take them with him if he ever made it big...

Mott the Hoople and Lou Reed

Bowie idolized Reed.

Bowie co-produced Lou's Transformer LP with his Spiders' guitarist, Mick Ronson.

No... he does not have a quick release. You are still confusing arm speed with release.

Semantics. When Weeden wanted to get a throw out he did it if fine fashion. No one debates that he was often confused.

Bowie promised one group and one individual he would take them with him if he ever made it big...

Bowie idolized Reed.

Bowie co-produced Lou's Transformer LP with his Spiders' guitarist, Mick Ronson.

If your point is that Mott the Hoople road Bowie's coattails....perhaps, a little. But coattails do you no good if you are no good, but Mott the Hoople was good. And if your point is that Lou Reed rode Bowie's coattails, while no doubt they were collaborators, Reed was an American, not a Brit, and The Velvet Underground as far as I know had a presence here wholly without the help of Bowie.

Do remember Dan Hicks & the Hot Licks getting booed off the stage but the main attraction was Johnny Winter- talk about piss poor scheduling.

I saw Johnny Winter of '70 down at Public Aud. It was after release of his Live and... LP's Took the rapid downtown from Case. Terrible weather...

The headliner, Mountain, was doing their Climbing tour, but Hopkins closed down and they never made it into town. Johnny started playing about 90 minutes late and played for an hour plus.

Then we got full refunds...

Semantics. When Weeden wanted to get a throw out he did it if fine fashion. No one debates that he was often confused.

Bowie idolized Reed.

If your point is that Mott the Hoople road Bowie's coattails....perhaps, a little. But coattails do you no good if you are no good, but Mott the Hoople was good. And if your point is that Lou Reed rode Bowie's coattails, while no doubt they were collaborators, Reed was an American, not a Brit, and The Velvet Underground as far as I know had a presence here wholly without the help of Bowie.

Semantics? Sure.. why not... if it helps you.

And no point about Mott or Lou... also no coattails... just facts.

Bowie liked and mentored Mott... gave them a leg up when they were about to give up and disband.

Although critically praised, the VU was a commercial flop. Its real fame came later. Lou had quit VU, gone solo and was struggling. His first, S/T LP did not sell well at all, but Bowie loved his music and helped get him going again. Transformer was Lou's best selling LP.

I am prepared to get hammered on this board for saying this, but the game the other night proved one thing to me..it made the Browns look really bad. Two QBs that were mismanaged badly in Cleveland move on to new teams and both looked really good. Granted Weeden was only in for 2 series, but looked better than Romo if we are all honest. Makes you scratch your head and wonder. Good for Colt. Don't know if you watched the post game interview, but he gave a lot of praise to Weeden as well. Both guys are class acts. I have had the opportunity to meet both.

I don't doubt that they're class acts. McCoys OK but he has the true definition of a noodle arm. He wouldn't (and didn't) last in the AFCN. Also, the 49ers cut him, and he got benched again in WASH for rg3.

Weeden had just that, 2 series. He's a guy who got rightfully benched for Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell.

Having those two guys play against each other and supposedly "look good" does not mean that Cleveland looks bad. Look at their records here if you think they are any good

...and FYI, if those two became the starting QBs for their teams the rest of the season, those teams would both be lucky to win a third of their remaining games.

...and another FYI....they have now both been benched in favor of who their teams believe are real starting QBs. So let's not hear anymore touting of the qualities of McCoy and Weeden.

All it shows is that both of these guys are capable of playing the position. Especially with a decent team. We never had that when they were here so they took the blame. Unfortunately that's the way it goes in the NFL. That's the plain and simple truth no matter whose dick tastes better to anybody.

WSS

I am prepared to get hammered on this board for saying this, but Weeden looked better than Romo ....... Makes you scratch your head and wonder.

Yes it does.

So you are saying, based upon watching 2 drives(1 really), that Weeden is now better than Romo??

Bowie idolized Reed.

I'm not huge on the subject matter but both "heroin" and "waiting for the man" are great songs

He got traded to the Redskins overnight?

DOH! Cards...

Did you see this AM's footage of Wheezy warning up? Caught a ball, winced and shook his throwing hand...

The stage is set...

I am prepared to get hammered on this board for saying this, but the game the other night proved one thing to me…..it made the Browns look really bad. Two QBs that were mismanaged badly in Cleveland move on to new teams and both looked really good. Granted Weeden was only in for 2 series, but looked better than Romo if we are all honest. Makes you scratch your head and wonder. Good for Colt. Don't know if you watched the post game interview, but he gave a lot of praise to Weeden as well. Both guys are class acts. I have had the opportunity to meet both.

18- 33 two picks, rate=55. Yup, same stud the Browns sent packing how ya feelin' now Cowboy\Manziel fans about your backup?

Archived