THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Rumors

Kosar_For_President

God are we all gonna be hyping up a JFF trade to Dallas?

Could have... had Wheezy not decided to stick with his forehand last nite...

JFF isn't going anywhere. He will be our starting QB by the end of the year, or starting next year.

... or... :)

Mark Barron traded to the Rams

LOL @ the wikipedia update "On October 28, 2014, the Buccaneers traded Mark Barron to the St. Louis Rams for a fourth and sixth-round draft selection, Because like most who played for Nick Saban, he flopped"

I definitely like the bama big boys, their secondary and skill positions haven't found a whole lot of NFL success. Although you still can't too fairly evaluate the last few draft classes, but Barron was expected to be a perennial pro-bowler.

Clinton-dix could turn into a good-great safety but he wasn't drafted #7 overall like Barron.

LOL @ the wikipedia update "On October 28, 2014, the Buccaneers traded Mark Barron to the St. Louis Rams for a fourth and sixth-round draft selection, Because like most who played for Nick Saban, he flopped"

I definitely like the bama big boys, their secondary and skill positions haven't found a whole lot of NFL success. Although you still can't too fairly evaluate the last few draft classes, but Barron was expected to be a perennial pro-bowler.

Clinton-dix could turn into a good-great safety but he wasn't drafted #7 overall like Barron.

Ingram is just starting to turn decent.

And Eddie Lacy looks pretty decent.

Every year for three or four years in Alabama it was, "Yeah, this runningback is good but wait until you see his backup."

Glen Coffee was a decent runningback for the Tide, but at least once per game the announcers would claim "Wait until the next few years when Ingram takes over, that guy is just on a different level."

Then Ingram goes and wins a Heisman, proves to be a solid Alabama runningback with NFL potential, and still at least once per game the announcers would state, " Wait until the next few years when Richardson takes over, that guy is just on a different level."

Then Richardson takes over for Ingram, proves to be a great Alabama runningback with NFL potential, and still at least once per game the announcers would state, "Richardson is fantastic, but this Eddie Lacy character is poised to be just as great."

Then Lacy gets his shot and the announcers are all over Yeldon's dick.

The point is, they're all decent. None of them are these transcendent talents that took the NFL by storm. But, just as Trent Richardson wasn't the second coming of AP, he's not the other Adrian Peterson, either. Same goes for Ingram and Lacy.

They are solid runningbacks with great physical tools who benefitted from playing behind an amazing offensive line.

And so it goes with all Alabama skill players. They are all solid physical specimens with athletic talent, but the core of that team is the offensive and defensive lines.

After that TD catch last night, his value went up another round. Outstanding grab and effort.

Another round? He's top 5 talent wise. You would have to trade manziel and a starter to get Bryant.

Edit: and Vincent Jackson has a 40% catch rate, good for worst in the league.

Another round? He's top 5 talent wise. You would have to trade manziel and a starter to get Bryant.

Edit: and Vincent Jackson has a 40% catch rate, good for worst in the league.

As in from a 1st to a 1st and another pick.

Axe,

What did you think of that Barron Trade?

I don't know much about Barron, but seems like a short amount of time to give up on a 1st rounder and not get much back in return.

Maybe they feel about him like we felt like Weeden?

I don't know much about Barron, but seems like a short amount of time to give up on a 1st rounder and not get much back in return.

Maybe they feel about him like we felt like Weeden?

How many slow pitch softball INT's did Barron throw? Haha.

The word on him is that he cant cover. So, in addition to not being able to throw a slow pitch softball, he cant catch or prevent one either.

The word on him is that he cant cover. So, in addition to not being able to throw a slow pitch softball, he cant catch or prevent one either.

Did he play Strong Safety or Free Safety for the Bucs? I always thought he was more of a TJ Ward type, hard hitting, run support than a coverage guy.

Also didn't realize he was a 7th overall first rounder. Damn, we know what it's like to wiff on a pick like that.

Hopefully with a starter missing, some practice squad guy comes in this week and Hoyer and company can take advantage, even if its a slight one.

Did he play Strong Safety or Free Safety for the Bucs? I always thought he was more of a TJ Ward type, hard hitting, run support than a coverage guy.

Also didn't realize he was a 7th overall first rounder. Damn, we know what it's like to wiff on a pick like that.

Hopefully with a starter missing, some practice squad guy comes in this week and Hoyer and company can take advantage, even if its a slight one.

Well, I think that was the problem. Yeah, he's a lot like ward and he was drafted as a hard hitting SS. But, then the Bucs went and played him mostly as a FS. And, now, Lovie Smith has put in a zone D that he just isn't suited for.

He's very strong against the run and can cover a TE, but poor in zone coverage and has a terrible deep game(slow?). Whats really odd is the Rams already have a decent SS in McDonald, so are they planning to "mis-use" him as a FS too?

Axe,

What did you think of that Barron Trade?

As mentioned previously, he couldn't cover me.. :(

The Bucs traded Casillas(4th & a 6th) and Barron for a 5th and gave away the 6th they got for Casillas.. So in essence, they traded them both for a 4th & a 5th..

How do I feel.. After 38 yrs that franchise is losing me..

I don't like the Retard triplet owners that are running Daddy's franchise into the ground while they play Soccer Mom Wannabes

The franchise is saturated with a loser mentality that Jesus H Caarist himself would be hard pressed to change..

I HATE the new BUTT UGLY unis.. We had badass unis!! Don't fix what wasn't broke just because Daddy died and you want your soccer mom stamp on the franchise.. And trust me.. These are all things I've said damn near verbatim on the Bucs forum..

How do I feel.. After 38 yrs that franchise is losing me..

I don't like the Retard triplet owners that are running Daddy's franchise into the ground while they play Soccer Mom Wannabes

The franchise is saturated with a loser mentality that Jesus H Caarist himself would be hard pressed to change..

I HATE the new BUTT UGLY unis.. We had badass unis!! Don't fix what wasn't broke just because Daddy died and you want your soccer mom stamp on the franchise.. And trust me.. These are all things I've said damn near verbatim on the Bucs forum..

But at least in that 38 years, you had one brief moment of glory. :)

I agree with you about the ugly new unis. I'm deathly afraid Nike is going to try and fix the Browns up with something similarly ugly. My jersey is just about shot, and I'm planning on replacing it this Christmas before the Nike abomination hits the shelves next year.

But at least in that 38 years, you had one brief moment of glory. :)

You are absolutely right.. I never thought I'd see the Bucs win a Lombardi in my lifetime :)

Now, I want to see the Browns win one !

Alabama DB's have severely underperformed (Kareem Jackson, Barron, Kirkpatrick, and Milliner)

Not sure Milliner belongs in that bunch. Promise was starting to show late 2013 then injury stole his chance to back it up.

Every year for three or four years in Alabama it was, "Yeah, this runningback is good but wait until you see his backup."

Then Ingram goes and wins a Heisman, proves to be a solid Alabama runningback with NFL potential, and still at least once per game the announcers would state, " Wait until the next few years when Richardson takes

Then Lacy gets his shot and the announcers are all over Yeldon's dick.

Have to say, I like Yeldon. Once I get past the "Merton Hanks" flashback every time I see TJ, I like what I see. Not saying great, "2nd coming" or anything, but I like him as a return man/ 3rd down RB/ sometime wide out...

Fluid... fast... great hands... patient runner that sets up blocks very well...

Will be interesting to see if he declares for 2015.

Polian's take on Insiders was Barron was wrong for the Tampa 2 system. Not great in space. But if used close to the box, he has impact potential.

Issue in St Louis will be that both their Safeties are similar, so who will be their space guy?

Archived