THE BROWNS BOARD

We blew it on Watkins.

Clevfan4life

Right now Buffalo will be picking around 25th... Great a late first round for missing out on the best WR in years.

The key here is "right now".

By the way, the best WR in years was drafted by ... Cleveland. In the second round of a supplementary draft. Give it up for Cleveland.

Zombo

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No... I am talking about Watkins. Gordon is doing shit getting himself suspended... Big fat goose egg for stats this year.

Get back to me when Watkins leads the league in receiving.

They're pretty much the same age and we can re-sign Gordon ... AND watch Gilbert develop into a stud ... AND draft two more first round talents next year.

Watkins is really good ... and we knew he would be, but ... c'mon.

Zombo

George, you are not helping matters at all. The draft is a crapshoot, any type of player can be taken in any type of round.

At the end of the year, when Gordon tears it up through 6 games and the Browns are in the playoffs, will u then bitch and moan about the ABSOLUTE NEED for Watkins?

Instead we got depth for CB that will last quite a while. You are failing to grasp why it wasn't "that big of a deal"

I just dont see Watkins getting himself suspended by doing stupid things. If you want to be the best you can't do shit like that.

didn't watkins smoke trees in college?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7890488/clemson-tigers-sammy-watkins-faces-drug-related-charges

dumb ass.

Dude, by the time players "develop into a stud", it's contract time and then they might be tempted to go to the glamor teams who will pay. Development players are taken in round three and above..

Thus, the importance to get something other than development time out of the, other than warming a bench when you draft in the top ten of the first round.

Btw, I get back to you now, Watkins was voted rookie of the week for three out of the past four weeks...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Gordon has caught a ball yet...

Hoorta, the warning point was pretty sad.

You don't like my opinion, so I get a point?

That's downright hilarious.

We're all here for our different takes. Try starting by cleaning up the personal insults and ignorant cussing here first, then you can sensor opinions to your liking.

Gilbert has played really well the past two weeks. Tell me how all of the current All Pro CBs did in the first five weeks of their career.

Rookie of the Week! Wow, I think Travis Prentice won that twice in one month.

Zombo

I just dont see Watkins getting himself suspended by doing stupid things. If you want to be the best you can't do shit like that.

Well, he is from Fort Myers, I live down here, and I can tell you ... ALL HE HAS EVER DONE is stupid things.

Zombo

Gilbert >>> Watkins.

How many catches does watkins have PER GAME? Gilbert plays a key role every play, while Watkins does nothing if he doesn't catch.

You know what else all those star receivers have in common? Zero super bowl rings. Dez may get one this year... because his role has been diminished.

WR is nothing but a shiny hood ornament. OL makes the offense go.

I don't know how Watkins is rated in blocking but saying WR's do nothing if they're not thrown to is a clear sign someone doesn't understand what goes on in football where the camera ain't pointed. A good WR is doing things downfield you don't see on the camera if it's a run play. Even if they don't block, they often have to sell the secondary that the ball is going to them...that means firing off on every play. This was the knock on Gordon last year, he was loafing off the line which the secondaries were reading and guessing a lot of our plays.

Keep arguing against strawmen - that's the only way Watkins is better.

"Doing Things Downfield?" Like what, salsa? Of course he's supposed to run a takeoff and block someone.. but it means nothing to the DB, their keys are in the backfield not the WR. Show stats or it doesn't exist.

WR completes the offense, it doesn't make the offense.. that's the job of the OL.

I would rather have Gilbert than Watkins, because with Gilbert comes another first round OL. The two aren't separable.

The trade for Julio was good.. and once again Atlanta is going nowhere even with an all-pro WR and QB because they have no OL. The execution of the picks was terrible, of course.

Now that we finally have a GM with a clue, we'll be able to get 2 plus starters with one pick.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/mayocks-slant/0ap3000000420403/Mayock-s-Slant-Sammy-Watkins-rookie-report#

Passing on superstar talent to the max for more shots to pick another potential bust first rounder is why the Browns are the Browns.

Guys like Watkins come along about once in 15 years, while next years Bills pick, probably in the mid 20's and Gilbert are not going to get make us whole.

What a blunder....

We got a a guy BETTER than Watkins just three years ago.

So, there's that.

Zombo

Zombo,

Now that's funny. What is alarming is that I think you believe it, and so goes the Browns Factory of Sadness in full production mode.....

Gordon hasn't proved a thing in the last three years, other than he knows how to hurt our team. Reminds me of our other superstar Hall of Famer, what's his name? Oh, Braylon Edwards. At least we cut him loose in time, this time without another....draft pick.

Since you LOVE draft picks over super stars, I think I would shop Gordon for a third or a fourth before its too late, and he gives us what Edwards did, and that's nothing..

All BS aside, I do think I would be shopping Gordon for another DB. We're going to need one..

First of all, admit you're a Watkins (or bills?) Fan first, not a browns fan first.

Gordon missed two games last year, and still out played every WR in football. To compare him to Braylon Edwards is pretty dumb.

So, he needs to be smarter but the circumstances for his suspension this year were pretty stupid.

To call Watkins a superstar after torching the jets is even more assinine . also declaring gilbert a bust after he started the last two games and played well. What about his performance would make you call him a bust?

Hoorta, the warning point was pretty sad.

You don't like my opinion, so I get a point?

That's downright hilarious.

We're all here for our different takes. Try starting by cleaning up the personal insults and ignorant cussing here first, then you can sensor opinions to your liking.

You got the warning point for stupidity- not an opposing opinion. Start by claiming well, we've always busted on high picks, so this FO is going to do the same? Dumb. Incidentally, were you bitching when we took Joe Haden? Second, your constant ragging that "Gilbert is a bust". You can say that at the end of the year.

I think your warning point was about hurting your feelings. I'm laughing out loud at that one. Look at recent history, and then issue a warning point to yourself..

Meanwhile other members are called cunts, assholes etc, and that's fine in your book.

It's about you being repetitive and boring. You and Stockton assclown just keep saying the same thing over and over and over and over again. It's dull and stupid.

I think your warning point was about hurting your own personal feelings. I didn't break any rules and you know it.

I'm laughing out loud at that one.

Look at recent history, and then issue several warning points to yourself for utter moronic ignorance...

Meanwhile other members are called cunts, assholes etc, and that's fine in your book. What does that say about your judgment?

I have my opinions and I have the right to project any opinion I want...

Not if it's stupid. And your stand on Gilbert,and draft history is STUPID

....and you obviously keep clicking the thread. Just what does that say about you?

Must not be that boring..

Boring, dull....Has nothing to do with breaking the rules...

Don't like it, don't read it... This is an open forum, unless it has become sensored.

It's always been censored- to an extent- and FYI this is the least moderated Browns forum on the Internet.

As Jiim Rome used to say have a take, and don't suck Your takes suck. You come on here and start posting eyore posts from the get go, just head over to another forum- your takes will be found to be equally stupid.

Here's scoreboard 5-3.

Farmer=

1A gilbert- improving

1B Manziel ace in hole

2- Bitonio stud

3A- Kirksey great pick

3B West great pick

4- Desir- jury out

FA Austin- great pickup

FA Crowell great pickup

FA Gabriel great pickup.

FA Williams great pickup.

All you need to know Eyore- probably didn't even enjoy the win today. and FYI- Gilbert played respectable today.

Archived