THE BROWNS BOARD

The SEC Myth

The Gipper

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

National championships have been arbitrarily handed out based on popularity for a hot minute. The playoff system will make or break their claims of dominance.

As you watch 'Bama mop up OSU on New Year's day and trounce Oregon in the championship game. Hate to say it but Saban is on track for another one.

The SEC has revenue sharing which is why their programs (all of them - Track - Basketball - Baseball and Football) are all so strong and that's why we root conference also. As much as I hate 'Bama, I want them to win the championship 'cause that's more money in the coffers.

As you watch 'Bama mop up OSU on New Year's day and trounce Oregon in the championship game. Hate to say it but Saban is on track for another one.

The SEC has revenue sharing which is why their programs (all of them - Track - Basketball - Baseball and Football) are all so strong and that's why we root conference also. As much as I hate 'Bama, I want them to win the championship 'cause that's more money in the coffers.

The Big Ten also has revenue sharing, and SEC teams don't even have the most revenue....

The SEC benefits from rampant oversigning, playing fast and loose with roster management rules, lower admission standards, "bagmen" etc.

In a 4 year span Saban had 14 Medical Hardships (removes a guy form the scholarship count saying he is too injured). Tressel had 4 in 10 years.

The SEC is dirty, plain and simple. Saban is the dirtiest of the bunch. SEC fans prefer to stick their head in the sand though.

(also, the whole ESPN/CBS Media thing working in their favor. Starting with preseason polls the guarantee the SEC will have the highest rated teams at the end of the year to just the day t day SEC dick sucking)

LSU a bad loss to Notre Dame, Ole Miss getting annihilated. What will Tim Brando say?

Ole Miss got to # 1 and then went 2-4 to finish the season, with one of those wins coming against some team called Presbyterian Blue Hose??????

Ole Miss got to # 1 and then went 2-4 to finish the season, with one of those wins coming against some team called Presbyterian Blue Hose??????

Ole Miss stays in the top 10 with a late FG, TCU drops lol.

SEC....Southerners Eating Crow.

The SEC was behind the 4 team playoff so they could get 2 teams in the title game. Oops.

SEC West totally beat down, they are who we thought they were lol

Here is the updated record of the SEC against the other 4 Power conferences after the bowls:

vs. ACC won 3 lost 5

vs. Big Ten won 2 Lost 3....with one game remaining Iowa vs. Tenn. happening today.

vs. Big 12 won 5 lost 2

vs. Notre Dame won 0 lost 1

vs. Pac 12 0-0 these conferences did not play a single game against each other this year....not even a bowl game. Just curious why they duck each other....In theory they are supposed to be the two strongest conferences.

So the SEC is currently 10-11 for the entire year vs. all other conferences....with one game to play. Hardly dominance.

No, the dominant conference in the nation appears to be the Pac 12. Including the Bowls they are currently 14-3 against all other power conferences and ND. They also have 3 games to play: today with UCLA vs. Kansas St. and Oklahoma St. vs. Washington.....and Oregon vs. Ohio St. (yet still no game vs. SEC).

Um...

Axe is so mad right now. Sorry bro, OSU > Alabama

Not mad at all.. I gave OSU a 50/50 chance and kudos to them.. The SEC is down this yr even tho apparently Iowa didn't get the memo.. The SEC HAS been dominant.. Denying that is ludicrous.. Are things starting to even out? It looks like it might. If OSU/ALA played 10 times.. It might go 5/5.. Good luck next week, Oregon looked mighty tough! Tho FSU was over rated.

Not mad at all.. I gave OSU a 50/50 chance and kudos to them.. The SEC is down this yr even tho apparently Iowa didn't get the memo.. The SEC HAS been dominant.. Denying that is ludicrous.. Are things starting to even out? It looks like it might. If OSU/ALA played 10 times.. It might go 5/5.. Good luck next week, Oregon looked mighty tough! Tho FSU was over rated.

FSU pulled a bunch of games out of their ass against lesser opponents all year.

The SEC is dominant on paper, further evaluation tells a different story. The playoffs system maybe telling a different story too. Given the polls biasing towards SEC.

Archived