THE BROWNS BOARD

Ohio State DE Joey Bosa is a JJ Watt clone

WalterWhite

I'd love to have him in a Cleveland uniform. Stout against the run, explosive enough on the edge, strong/explosive enough to make a difference inside. Plus, by all accounts a decent kid that keeps his nose clean.

He's only a sophomore and will go down as one of the best in school history.

Walter,

You & I may disagree at times, but not about Bosa. That kid's the real deal and I would LOVE to see him with the Browns. Only time will tell.

Mike

ps: I'm not yet ready to call him a JJ Watt clone, but he's special.

Right... And I'm on Funchess' nuts... Lol

Dude is a beast, Idk if I'd say he's JJ though. Wasn't there another good DL too? Spence? If he didn't get kicked off the team they'd be running shit.

I think making comparisons for college kids is short-sighted, but from size/weight to numbers he's putting up on the field it's amazing how close they are to Watt's in college. I can see why the jump is easy to make, but yeah he's gotta prove it first when he gets paid to.

Just looking at raw numbers Bosa matches up fairly well with Watt:

Watt: 6'5" 290 4.82 40 speed at the combo

Bosa: 6'5" 285 40 speeds of 4.72-4.82.

But I don't think it is the measurables that make Watt....and Bosa so good at their levels.

And Bosa is sophomore....a true sophomore. He will not be eligible for the NFL draft until 2016.

You can probably find a lot of guys with those measurables. Not loads, not just off the street maybe, but a lot. It's mentality, tenacity, technique and a load of other things that make the player, not just how well he works out.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived