THE BROWNS BOARD

Gilbert - "I wasn't trying hard enough"

gftChris

I see no need to insult toast...

Waitin' on an injury update. If Gilbert misses any time due to concussion protocol, that'll concern me. That hit with Whitner did not look that violent.

Easy to say siting on the couch I know, but upon a time in HS a dude hit me so hard that it ripped a chunk out of my helmet where the chin strap snap anchored... I just went to the storage room and got a new one.

That was right along my line of thinking. I once took a nasty crack back, I mean a total unexpected decleating hit - jumped up and jogged

It off.

The hit Gilbert took was right on the "button" from Whitners shoulder. It didn't look bad but the second I saw the replay I knew it was a flash knockout. If you guys see the replay watch how Gilberts head does a quick sideways snap. Brain rattle. No big deal, happens to fighters "all" the time even when sparring with gear.

I assume "brain rattle" is boxing talk for "minor concussion"...

Saw the neck bend you mention (even speculated neck injury at the time in the Tavern), but blow was high on side of helmet and maybe half "glancing", so I was surprised it put him out.

I assume "brain rattle" is boxing talk for "minor concussion"...

nah...he'll be fine. He was taking some smelling salts on the sideline. The quick little jolts aren't the ones that do much. It's the helmet to helmets that really compact the neck that result in the more serious concussions. Kind of like the hit we saw today where the Tampa DB lowered his helmet like a Ram. What were the refs watching there? The DB was literally staring at his shoe laces when he made the hit. That was the very definition of what the NFL has said it's trying to weed out of the game.

Archived