THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in The AFC North

Zombo

The Great Zomboni's keen sense of the division was on target again last week as the BungleS rebounded against the Birds and the Browns rolled at home. Now we sport a division with 4 different winning teams and 64 different scenario's that can play out down the stretch, stick with TGZ and he'll guide you through it:

Jacksonville at Cincinnati 1:00 PM

If Bortles would just stop throwing the ball away, the jags could be spoilers down the stretch. But even if he cleans up his act this week, the Bungles should be able to hold serve at home despite their many injuries. BUNGLES 23 JAGUARS 17

Tampa Bay at Cleveland 1:00 PM

Browns defense keeps getting better each week, this week they set the mark for the rest of the season with a dominating shutout of the Bucs. BROWNS 24 BUCCANEERS 0

Baltimore at Pittsburgh 8:30 PM Sunday Night Football

Steelers always find a way to gravitate back to .500 after a big win ... plus Baltimore's better. RAVENS 34 STEELERS 19

LAST WEEK: 3-1

SEASON: 18-12

Jacksonville (+11.0 ) @ Cincinnati

CIN is talking about sitting Green so he can face us? With Gio already out and Burfect, too?

I smell upset...

Prediction: JAX 27 CIN 16

Baltimore vs @ Pittsburgh (+1.0)

I hate to pick PTG, but I hate going against Vegas more and this line has flipped since it opened. Just not enough PTG $$$ backing their boys.

Understandable tho since US Steel has been "cost cutting" like crazy... bad for PTG, but good for stockholders.

Prediction: PTG 30 BLT 20

Tampa Bay (+ 6.5 ) @ Cleveland

Can you feel it? Can you feel the tension in that coiled spring?

I think this is it. I think this is the week we blow the lid off.

And it is also the week JM gets some garbage time...

Prediction: CLE 41 TB 17

Weekly Results ... Prev ..... Last ... YTD

Straight-up ......... 16-13-1 .. 0-0 ... 0-0

Vs. the spread .... 18-12 ..... 0-0 ... 0-0

This is a tough week to pick, but Ill give er a try:

Ratbirds vs Squealers: My mind says to give it to Putzburg at home, especially after last weeks blow out. BUT, they seem really up and down and can't put 2 games together. Also, Id prefer to see the Rats beat them and knock that Divisional w-l record down a spot. So, Ill go for the Rats to upset the Squealers.

Balt 27

Putz 24

Bungles vs Jax: As much as Id like the upset here, I just dont see it happening. Cinn REALLY needs a good game or it could be lights out for them. They won the first 3, but now haven't won in 4 straight weeks. Better win now or go home.

Cinn: 30

Jax: 17

The BROWNS vs Bucs: Ever the optimist, I dont see us losing this one. In fact, I see our D playing better and better each week. And, after a couple down weeks, I expect the running game to return this week with a vengeance. Browns KNOW they will win and make this their most convincing win to date.

BROWNS!! : 34

Bucs: 9

Jacksonville (+11.0 ) @ Cincinnati
Prediction: JAX 27 CIN 16
Final: CIN 33 JAX 23 - L/W

Baltimore vs @ Pittsburgh (+1.0)
Prediction: PTG 30 BLT 20
(Preliminary) Final: Not in yet, but with 6+ left in Q4 bed is calling and I'm calling it a double W/W...
Not fighting Vegas is the smartest bet of all...
Final Final: PTG 43 BLT 23 - WW/WW

Tampa Bay (+ 6.5 ) @ Cleveland
Prediction: CLE 41 TB 17
Final: CLE 22 TB 17 - W/L ... and nailed TB's score... ours? not so much...

Weekly Results ... Prev ..... Last ... YTD
Straight-up ......... 16-13-1 .. 3-1 ... 19-14-1
Vs. the spread .... 18-12 ..... 3-1 ... 21-13

Archived