THE BROWNS BOARD

What's your guys take on Bosa?

Clevfan4life

He reminds me a little bit of Watt. The Bucks move him around the line from inside to outside and on both sides. He looks equally as comfortable handfighting through the interior as well as going around the edge. Looks like a perfect candidate for the 34 5 tech. What impresses me the most though is his run defense. I don't think Watt was as good as him at stopping the run. I think he's 5th in the big ten in tackles if I heard right. That's pretty impressive for a down lineman.

The way things are going we're gonna have two mid 1st round picks. His position may or may not be a need depending on what happens with Armonty. He's probably not gonna last till the 2nd round so what do guys think? Is he intriguing enough to use a 1st rounder on him? It's hella early to tell what our needs are gonna be but if the draft were next week...what do you guys think?

I don't think Wisconsin moved Watt off the edge....even though he does now, there was some adjustment to be made with how Houston ended up making him the 5 tech. Bosa is already there. I think after tonight he may have what, 10-11 sacks? That's already equaled Watts best output. Obviously have to point out he's not doing this in the SEC, and that now does mean something whether we like to admit it or not. But Watt came out of the big 10 too during the time the SEC was more dominant than it is now. Will be interesting to see how our situation is at the end of the season. I would love to see some 4-3 looks with him and Kruger as opposite DE's. Than we can move Bosa to the 5 tech on 3-4 schemes. If we can get Houston in free agency, obviously making either Sheard or Mingo expendable....we could have a seriously nasty defense. Let Bosa sub in for one year and give the line depth.

Bosa? Great 3-4 DE prospect who will get even stronger (still a kid after all), but I do not see JJ's explosive first step... and that is not something that he's likely to grow into.

Bleacher talking heads compared Bosa to Julius Peppers... not a great comparison either, but closer than JJ, IMO.

Bosa? Great 3-4 DE prospect who will get even stronger (still a kid after all), but I do not see JJ's explosive first step... and that is not something that he's likely to grow into.

Bleacher talking heads compared Bosa to Julius Peppers... not a great comparison either, but closer than JJ, IMO.

As a Buckeye I won't disagree, that first step Watt has is truly once in a generation. However Bosa truly isn't far off and since Watt may go down as one of the very best, if not the best to ever play - its still exceptionally high praise.

Like I said in the college forum, the greatest parallel is the motor. Watt doesn't stop, neither does Bosa. Effort and a relentless attitude will get you a long way.

Obviously have to point out he's not doing this in the SEC, and that now does mean something whether we like to admit it or not.

Da Fuq? It does mean something - absolutely dick.

Yes, what a dumb dick statement. Last time I looked, JJ Watt didn't do his thing in the SEC either.....it was the Big Ten. Wisconsin.

And FYI, I have done a breakdown of which conference all of last year's ALL Pro selections played. Here it is:

SEC: 6

Big Ten: 6

ACC: 5,

Big 12: 5

Pac-12: 4

Other conferences: 4

He is a soph. but they have to play college ball for three years.

I think he has to be three years removed from his high school graduation, not three years of college ball. Manziel had only two years playing for A&M, right?

I think he has to be three years removed from his high school graduation, not three years of college ball. Manziel had only two years playing for A&M, right?

That is correct. A "red shirt" sophomore can declare for the draft....as JFF did. Bosa is a true sophomore. He must finish this season and he must play in college next year.

Good news for Ohio State.

But sometimes these draftniks can get funny. See this projected 2016 NFL mock draft: It has the Penn St. QB Hackenberg going #1 overall. After the last two weeks I see him as a street free agent. They have Bosa going 4th:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

Da Fuq? It does mean something - absolutely dick.

Competition level in the Big 14 is not currently as high as the SEC... especially considering the Rutgers/ Maryland dilution factor.

It may return someday, but I doubt it.

Has squat to do with Bosa's talent or Pro prospects, but the "10" ain't what it used to be.

Gip... check out the 2013 All-Americans and/ or NFL All-rookie teams... little more indicative of the current situation.

Competition level in the Big 14 is not currently as high as the SEC... especially considering the Rutgers/ Maryland dilution factor.

It may return someday, but I doubt it.

Has squat to do with Bosa's talent or Pro prospects, but the "10" ain't what it used to be.

Gip... check out the 2013 All-Americans and/ or NFL All-rookie teams... little more indicative of the current situation.

Why don't you just tell me.

are we really now debating whether or not there's more overall talent in the SEC vs the Big 10? C'mon guys just stop. Of course you have studs coming out of the big 10 like Watt...but all guys coming out of the SEC are going to get overall graded higher if they did well because they faced SEC teams the whole year. When a big 10 team faces off against an SEC powerhouse it's a big deal. To another SEC team it's just another week to be facing a top 5 team. It's just the way it is right now. In no way was I saying Bosa would be a bum in the SEC....but perhaps his numbers might not be as good as they are playing some of these teams on the Bucks schedule.

I hate that OhSt doesn't put multiple SEC teams on the schedule every year. I want to play Bama and Auburn every fucking year. This is how you climb back into the national discussion.

are we really now debating whether or not there's more overall talent in the SEC vs the Big 10? C'mon guys just stop. Of course you have studs coming out of the big 10 like Watt...but all guys coming out of the SEC are going to get overall graded higher if they did well because they faced SEC teams the whole year. When a big 10 team faces off against an SEC powerhouse it's a big deal. To another SEC team it's just another week to be facing a top 5 team. It's just the way it is right now. In no way was I saying Bosa would be a bum in the SEC....but perhaps his numbers might not be as good as they are playing some of these teams on the Bucks schedule.

I hate that OhSt doesn't put multiple SEC teams on the schedule every year. I want to play Bama and Auburn every fucking year. This is how you climb back into the national discussion.

Several things.....the issue is which conference produces the better pros.....not which conference produces the better pro prospects. If the SEC is getting so many more prospects, then apparently they are producing a lot more busts as well.

SEC, Big Ten, Pac-12 are producing about the same number of All Pros, Pro Bowlers, etc.

And, FYI, it is highly possible that the top echelon teams of the Big Ten...and others are just as good as those of the SEC. OSU, MSU, Nebraska may be just about as good as any of those top SEC teams this year.

Also....Fyi, the SEC won't generally play the Big Ten...or the Pac 10 . They do not want to go out of their comfort zone. Someone said that an SEC team has not gone out to play on the west coast since like the 80s. Plus, several SEC teams schedule only cupcakes without a single opponent from another Power 5 conference. See the discussion in the College football forum.

That said, apparently Ohio State and Tennessee do have a home and home scheduled coming up sometime soon.

Also....see my survey. Right now the SEC and Big Ten and Big 12 have the same number of candidates to make the final four.

We don't know what Bosa's numbers would be like against SEC lineman. I'd like to think not much different, obviously it would have to be slightly less...but his base physical prowess would still be there and in the end yes, scouts do see that. That kid from BYU that played in the mountain west is a good example....the one the Lions drafted ahead of Mingo, Ansah. He's not doing too bad..i didn't think he'd amount to anything in the NFL.

I really not sure why things even out in the pro's...but at the collegiate level the SEC guys the past few years were far and away faster and more athletic than the other leagues while still being as strong.

In the pros the SEC players do not have the economic and pharmaceutical advantage they enjoy in college, that's why.

Archived