THE BROWNS BOARD

McDonald Got Butt Raped!

ITHIKA

Wow anyone else focus on Mc Nick. The guy was owned the whole game. Granted mccoy is one of the best interior linemen in the game, but wow! Maybe greco isnt such a bad option and we find a guard. this just isnt working he sucks donkey dick!

I feel that strongly about it guys. If you dvred the game go back and watch him being owned 80% of the time. The loss of mack weighs heavy on this team and is a lesson moving fwd that we need a good back up center.

When ur getting over powered like that you have to start chop blocking or playing a bit dirty cause ur lunch and ur ass juat got taken. No going back from this bengals will see two games of tape on nicky and his puss play and geno smith will be chomping at the bit to get a piece of this softy as well. We know paul mcquistan sucks at guard. Lets give painter a shot and move greco back to center. Yes ladies and gents its that bad. Nicky is getting raped so bad hoyers but is starting to hurt. Not good, not good at all!!

I'm actually really pissed at the Browns for not developing backup offensive lineman that at least look like they belong in the league. OP is right that center was put on his ass for most of the game. Literally driven back and deposited on his ass. It looks like guys out of arena 2 out there. Beyond embarrassing.

there are a few people on here that think OL are a dime a dozen.

i've said many times before the games are won in the trenches, that means OL and DL. we're seeing the loss of key individuals affect both being able to run the ball and being able to stop the run.

When ur getting over powered like that you have to start chop blocking or playing a bit dirty cause ur lunch and ur ass juat got taken. No going back from this bengals will see two games of tape on nicky and his puss play and geno smith will be chomping at the bit to get a piece of this softy as well. We know paul mcquistan sucks at guard. Lets give painter a shot and move greco back to center. Yes ladies and gents its that bad. Nicky is getting raped so bad hoyers but is starting to hurt. Not good, not good at all!!

Geno Smith isn't a good quarterback for the Jets. What makes you think that he'll be a good defensive lineman for the Bengals?

Lets give painter a shot and move greco back to center. Yes ladies and gents its that bad. Nicky is getting raped so bad hoyers but is starting to hurt. Not good, not good at all!!

Greco isn't athletic enough for Center. He likely solves the bulk of the pass protection issues, but not our run issues... and without a run game...

I think Bito to Center gives us our best chance to resurrect a good bit of what we had.

I try Painter at LG vs. CIN. If he doesn't help, we could then call Pinky...

Greco isn't athletic enough for Center. He likely solves the bulk of the pass protection issues, but not our run issues... and without a run game...

I think Bito to Center gives us our best chance to resurrect a good bit of what we had.

I try Painter at LG vs. CIN. If he doesn't help, we could then call Pinky...

We have to do something and I agree this is our best hope.

Hopefully Pettine gets questioned about it after reviewing the tape*

If O linemen were a dime a dozen, we wouldn't have seen Oniel fucking Cousins at LT today..

A few thoughts on the game

First congrats on the win. I had no doubt, even when y'all did. I've been watching the Bucs all yr, and knew they'd find a way..

Bitter sweet for me :)

This is the first time I've gotten to see the Browns. Mack must have been a huge loss. The Oline did not look good. Despite everyone thinking McDonald got assraped, McCoy's stat line was 2 tackles, 2 sacks today.. You don't leave anyone on an island with McCoy one on one and expect it to end well.. Blame whom ever made the protection calls at the line.. With Mack out I don't know who that is....

I thought Mike Glennon missed two easy TD throws and woefully under threw 2 INTs, and essentially lost the game for the Bucs along with their(blocked punt, blocked FG) Special teams..... Goldson will be fined by the league for a helmet to helmet spearing hit that wasn't flagged..

I thought Hoyer would be better.. But he was better than Lurch.. ;)

You mean he is not reading my write-ups? ;)

If O linemen were a dime a dozen, we wouldn't have seen Oniel fucking Cousins at LT today..

A few thoughts on the game

First congrats on the win. I had no doubt, even when y'all did. I've been watching the Bucs all yr, and knew they'd find a way..

Bitter sweet for me :)

This is the first time I've gotten to see the Browns. Mack must have been a huge loss. The Oline did not look good. Despite everyone thinking McDonald got assraped, McCoy's stat line was 2 tackles, 2 sacks today.. You don't leave anyone on an island with McCoy one on one and expect it to end well.. Blame whom ever made the protection calls at the line.. With Mack out I don't know who that is....

I thought Mike Glennon missed two easy TD throws and woefully under threw 2 INTs, and essentially lost the game for the Bucs along with their(blocked punt, blocked FG) Special teams..... Goldson will be fined by the league for a helmet to helmet spearing hit that wasn't flagged..

Thanks, Axe...

Doubles in pass protection hopefully were employed often, but I saw a couple times they were not and one likely helped inspire this thread... it yielded McCoy his first sack.

The real issue is run blocking. In our scheme we seldom double. Mack used to chip to allow the backside guard to gain control and then Mack proceeded to the 2nd level. All line positions do (did) this to some extent, but none more than center. Since Mack went down... it ain't happenin'.

Lurch? lol... Ted Cassidy carried too much weight for a Glennon comparison. Maybe Icabod?

Good luck the rest of the way...

he was better than a lot of 'franchise' QBs today (as a certain JF fag would call them) w/o a running game and a collapsing OL to support him, and average to best weapons on the outside.

take a look at the numbers of some of the stud QBs today that are top ten in the league. he did better than a lot.

didn't roll on the bucs today like some thought, but you have to remember, teams play the browns thinking they are the browns of the past. that it's a win no matter who they are.

didn't roll on the bucs today like some thought, but you have to remember, teams play the browns thinking they are the browns of the past. that it's a win no matter who they are.

I wouldn't say that.. The good teams find ways to win and the Browns are doing that.. The lower echelon teams find ways to lose and the Bucs are doing that.. I could argue easily that the bucs should be 6-2.. But they aren't They are what they are,, 1-7..

I can't make any absolute statements because I've only seen the Browns this one time.. And you can't call absolutes based off of one game.. But, The Oline concerns me and, the Bucs have run on one other team until today so Run D would concern me..

I'm glad this weekend is over.. I hate that my two fav teams had to play each other and I will be rooting for the Browns to CURB STOMP Cinci in their house next week thumbsup.gif

BTW, the stadium looked awesome today thumbsup.gif

he was better than a lot of 'franchise' QBs today (as a certain JF fag would call them) w/o a running game and a collapsing OL to support him, and average to best weapons on the outside.

take a look at the numbers of some of the stud QBs today that are top ten in the league. he did better than a lot.

Amen. Hoyer may not be great but he's the best I've seen in a browns uniform for a long time. He's playing with a swiss cheese o line, no run game, and journeymen/rookie wrs. He's done just fine thus far and his record shows it.

Geno Smith isn't a good quarterback for the Jets. What makes you think that he'll be a good defensive lineman for the Bengals?

Brain fart there, meant geno atkins. How many black dudes out there names geno?

What different will questioning him make? I bet dollars to dog shit he would rather have mac back it center. I'd make the same bed city wishes like hell we had all types of wine depp better than we do. It just ate the case. You just have to live through this. What in the world makes anybody think there are better ol prospects sitting on the couch at home or on the practice squad?

And taking a good guard and turning him into a mediocre center while adding a bad guard at his old spot...

WSS

Some of you guys act like simply switching guys around to positions they have never played is a good idea. Barnidge is 6'6", 250 and a good blocker. Maybe we should put him at center?

Id be interested in the line grades for the play of the game - at least apart from the overall score?

where Hoyer had quite a long time in the pocket- then a rollout to avoid the rush and found Gabriel for the td?

if that were weeden, (and he had that protection more than a few times) that pass would be incomplete or intercepted.

smart qb play along with good line pass blocking when it counts

Put Terrence West at center... you see that block he threw on the Gabriel TD pass? Wow!

All kidding aside, has Bitonio played center at all? I'm real wary of that idea. We saw what happened when we shifted a guard to center last time, I'm not so sure it'd work out any better. I'm thinking maybe we need to dedicate the fullback to helping the center block. Heck, put Painter in at fullback and have him help with the blocking.

McDonald just got absolutely embarrassed yesterday, but I think a huge part of the problem is the team is 100% scripting the run they're trying to do. I watched the run game closely this week and I'll openly admit I'm nowhere near an expert. But on multiple occasions the TB linebackers were stacked 3 to one side knowing that's where the ball was going to be ran. I'm sitting there screaming for a counter or draw or SOMETHING that isn't running into the heart of the defense, but it never happened save one play (which was an almost 10 yard run). It's really putting the whole line in a bad spot when there's more guys defending the run than guys to block.

McDonald just got absolutely embarrassed yesterday, but I think a huge part of the problem is the team is 100% scripting the run they're trying to do. I watched the run game closely this week and I'll openly admit I'm nowhere near an expert. But on multiple occasions the TB linebackers were stacked 3 to one side knowing that's where the ball was going to be ran. I'm sitting there screaming for a counter or draw or SOMETHING that isn't running into the heart of the defense, but it never happened save one play (which was an almost 10 yard run). It's really putting the whole line in a bad spot when there's more guys defending the run than guys to block.

I agree, as good an OC as Shanny is, I don't think he's being nearly creative or flexible enough with the running game since Mack got hurt. I have a feeling Shanny is a bit of a control freak and isn't letting Hoyer have enough say except in the no-huddle offense.

Archived