THE BROWNS BOARD

Catching Kudos

Frenchie

Hey, here's a positive note. In at least 15 years, if not more, I have not seen the Browns catch the ball the way they have this year. Today we saw some highlight-worth catches by Austin, a West, Gabriel, and Drey, Hawkins and Benji. Some of those we're really tough catches!

Gabriel has quickly become one of my favorite players. And I think Austin's performance is often overlooked. I think we should sign him to a contract extension.

I 2nd the Austin extention...

Also kudos to Benji for skying for that one pass...

... and Hawk for bouncing back from a major ball shot.

That play on Hawk (and we've seen it used with Jordan Cameron) , is designed for injury. It might be effective but I don't like a crossing route with the receiver looking behind him.

Yeah... my impression at the time was that the ball should have been thrown earlier to an "empty middle" before Hawk got to the short, sideline zone, but will have to watch it again.

Also... I did not mention earlier I am with you on Gabe. I swear he thinks he is 1/2 again bigger the=an he is... blocks like he is anyway. Also had a nice KO run back today... best we've seen in a while.

Yeah... my impression at the time was that the ball should have been thrown earlier to an "empty middle" before Hawk got to the short, sideline zone, but will have to watch it again.

Also... I did not mention earlier I am with you on Gabe. I swear he thinks he is 1/2 again bigger the=an he is... blocks like he is anyway. Also had a nice KO run back today... best we've seen in a while.

But-but-but. We still have a few tunnel vision maroons here so bent ragging on Gilbert and Hoyer, they can't see the forest because of the trees.

Listening to the Post Game Show and they are talking about how amazing the Hoyer is playing given his "targets". I don't know what game they are watching, but these guys are getting open and if the ball is close, they make the catch, on the run/over the shoulder/on the dive. We have greater speed/talent/size, but as a team, we've not cone close to having the hands we have this year!

But before the season the masses were having conniption fits about our receivers. What gives? Ballpeen

Seems that Shanahan is working some real smart offense, and the wr's are

stepping up accordingly. They are going to have to add some new wrinkles, because

that roll out by Hoyer back to the right is great, but teams are adapting. Can't run it that often

week to week....

Whatever offensive game plan the ratbirds had last night vs the squealers sucked.

It's gonna be interesting to see who the odd man out is when Gordon comes back.. I also want to give Kudos to Jim Dray.. If Dray keeps that level of play up.. I can see the browns letting Cameron walk.

It's gonna be interesting to see who the odd man out is when Gordon comes back.. I also want to give Kudos to Jim Dray.. If Dray keeps that level of play up.. I can see the browns letting Cameron walk.

Austin, my guess, or maybe they move Benjamin back to full time PR duties. Or, Rodney Smith, more likely.

Austin, my guess, or maybe they move Benjamin back to full time PR duties. Or, Rodney Smith, more likely.

Yeah as much as I like Austin. He's inconsistent at times..

Austin went from re-sign to the bench in one, short thread?

Gordon takes the star, homerun role...

Austin remains the possession WR...

Hawk is the slot...

Gabe is first sub... and gets kick off duty... maybe punt as well...

Benji is still "the burner"...

Moore disappears...

Seems that Shanahan is working some real smart offense, and the wr's are stepping up accordingly.

Not to mention the quality of what Farmer found approaching the bottom of the proverbial barrel...

I to, love Dr Dray's ability to step up when called on, but I'd still like to re-sign Cameron. The biggest thing having a #2 TE has done is mean that we won't have to play Jordan quite as much as he *was*

expecting. Do I think he'd be rock bottom cheap? No... but I don't see him being top 10 pass catcher cost either.

But before the season the masses were having conniption fits about our receivers. What gives?

Hey, I was all aboard the Sammy Watkins train- there's a supposed Browns fan still POed we didn't draft him. Guess Farmer knew what he was doing after all.

Not to mention the quality of what Farmer found approaching the bottom of the proverbial barrel...

Tour- this is what our pal George can't get through his thick head. What Farmer has accomplished in one off season is nothing short of amazing.

But before the season the masses were having conniption fits about our receivers. What gives?

These "fill-in" guys have really stepped up. Something we are not used to for fans used to watch Greg Little, Brian Robiskie, Quincy Morgan etc. etc. Guys that couldn't/wouldn't catch the ball.

Hey, I was all aboard the Sammy Watkins train- there's a supposed Browns fan still POed we didn't draft him. Guess Farmer knew what he was doing after all.

Tour- this is what our pal George can't get through his thick head. What Farmer has accomplished in one off season is nothing short of amazing.

Don't agree with you completely. I think Watkins was a miss for us and Farmer just got lucky with Austin (injury) and Gabriel (unsigned rookie). I'll give him some Kudos on the draft class after the first round and only time will tell on Gilbert and Manzeil. Sometimes you have to be lucky to be good and with these receivers, Farmer got lucky.

Don't agree with you completely. I think Watkins was a miss for us and Farmer just got lucky with Austin (injury) and Gabriel (unsigned rookie). I'll give him some Kudos on the draft class after the first round and only time will tell on Gilbert and Manzeil. Sometimes you have to be lucky to be good and with these receivers, Farmer got lucky.

Well shit does happen but think about it. I remember a golf match when somebody hit the ball 40 yards out of a sand trap hit the green and rolled and rolled and rolled and went into the cup. Lucky? The announcer asked him after the game how did you feel when that happens and he replied "well that is what I was aiming for."

It isn't like ray farmer put a hundred names in a hat closed his eyes and pulled a few out.

WSS

Archived