THE BROWNS BOARD

Things I think about things

calfoxwc

^This...

I was thinking along the same lines last nite... The "love of the game" shines almost blindingly from Gabe and a few other youngins, but you can also see it in vets like Haden and Winn.

I will grant you that the front 7 seems to be playing with attitude. Also that Bryant has added a missing element to the passing game, but you have lost your run identity... and that will create issues soon.

You don't lose your run identity in two games. The Steelers had to go shootout mode with the Colts because Luck is that good and the Raven's front seven is a bear against the run. Bell is a damn monster in the pass game so if they can't run they are going to pass. I expect to see Bell gashing both the Jets and the Titans before heading to New Orleans. You don't just lose your ability to run, teams are required to adapt and that's what the Steelers have done. Bell had 92 yards rushing and 6 catches for 56 yards against the colts. Last night on the other hand was tough sledding, but as I said Bell can also hurt teams through the air. He had 5 catches for 38 yards and a td last night and he's not running relatively sloppy rb routes. He runs receiver quality routes.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Today, 11:45 AM

You'll love it

http://www.nfl.com/g...22107&tab=recap

Sounds to me like Suggs hit him in the hip, and slid down, before the whistle.
Ah, the refs in pittiful burg. What a crock. And that helmet to helmet shot on Hawkins with NO CALL gripes
me even more. What the heck?

Suggs hit Blount really late and came in low and was chipping back and forth all game up until that point. He deserved the flag.

When the Browns lost Mack for the year...that really hit

the Browns offense hard. Losing Mack would mess with Manziel far worse

that Hoyer.

Here's some interesting numbers:

In the last five games, the bungles are 2-2-1, Browns are 4-1, the ratbirds

are 2-3, and the squealers are 4-1.

This AFC n race is going to be fun.

Hopefully game 16 is a game for us to knock the steelers out of contention, and get in ourselves.

Would be nice to deliver the final blown to their hopes.

Hopefully game 16 is a game for us to knock the steelers out of contention, and get in ourselves.

I think the Steelers would need to really fall off the wagon for that to happen. I don't know what to expect right now but we have two games remaining against the Bengals which puts the teams destiny firmly in their own hands. We play the Jets, TItans, Saints, Bengals, Falcons, Chiefs, Bengals. It's not the easiest road but as long as they keep the pedal down I see them rolling in to the cincy game at 9-3. Any given sunday but the Steelers are playing inspired.

I think the Steelers would need to really fall off the wagon for that to happen. I don't know what to expect right now but we have two games remaining against the Bengals which puts the teams destiny firmly in their own hands. We play the Jets, TItans, Saints, Bengals, Falcons, Chiefs, Bengals. It's not the easiest road but as long as they keep the pedal down I see them rolling in to the cincy game at 9-3. Any given sunday but the Steelers are playing inspired.

Looks like 7 losses to me ;-)

Michael Vick will find his groove next week, mettenburger rookie of the week in 2 weeks.

Keisel ? Everybody knows he isn't even human, he's a sasquatch.

The offense is saying "what the hell is that giant, hairy thing?" and cheapshot harrison

just sissy skips past them and goes for the qb.

Yes, I hate the steelers. but that hit on Blount was well before the whistle,

according to what I saw and heard on the video. Note - he did not hit him in the knees

to take his knees out. He was hitting him in the hip, to make him go down, before the refs gave

Blount plenty of time to eventually break away backwards and take off....

But, enough about the 3 rivers scum. I was hoping the ratbirds and them would beat each other

up to a tie....

Looks like 7 losses to me ;-)

Michael Vick will find his groove next week, mettenburger rookie of the week in 2 weeks.

I'd say their next three are wins...but then again they lost to the 1-7 Buccaneers.

They also had some injuries again last night. Shazier out again?

^+1

i knew the steeler trolls would be on here today after their convincing win last night.

notice how there wasn't a peep from them while they were struggling and we blasted them out of the water.

now just like the JF fags when this team seems to be in trouble, come right back and start running their mouths.

man the steeler boards must really suck.

i knew the steeler trolls would be on here today after their convincing win last night.

notice how there wasn't a peep from them while they were struggling and we blasted them out of the water.

now just like the JF fags when this team seems to be in trouble, come right back and start running their mouths.

man the steeler boards must really suck.

Mik was I in here tooting my horn about the beat down we gave the colts? I saw no reason to be here running my mouth when the board had reason to be excited about things. I'm really not interested in raining on parades. I'm not interested in shitting up this board and there weren't steelers threads or mentions of the steelers until now.

We're done with the steelers we crushed them beneath our heel and I don't give a fuck what they do until next year

You split and be glad those two games are already out of the way based on how things have been clicking for the steelers lately. You should also give a fvck seeing as they stand in the way along with the other division teams of the browns making the post season.

You split and be glad those two games are already out of the way based on how things have been clicking for the steelers lately. You should also give a fvck seeing as they stand in the way along with the other division teams of the browns making the post season.

I agree. Interesting isnt it?. Things sure change fast in the nfl. just over a month ago it was Ravens and Bengals that were hot and looking unbeatable. The Steelers looked terrible & like they wouldnt win another game. And the Browns looked ok, but still unknown at 1-2.

Fast fwd and suddenly the Browns and Speelers both go 4-1, while the Ratbirds and Bungs start losing games.

Who would a thunk it?

So, now, it realistically could be the Stools and BROWNS fighting for the DIV title. Its now a race. We control our own destiny. And who better than the Stools to battle with.

Just like the good old days. So we have to beat the Bengals, so we can utimately beat the Spools

I know we're done PLAYING the stools, but we DEFINITELY are still in a race.

Yea I will definitely say it, I am very glad we played PIT early. They did the same thing last year starting off slow but picked it up much sooner this year of course. The BAL and IND wins were about 20 times more convincing than the OAK TAM wins, and our offense is looking pretty bad without Mack

I have no thoughts that the browns will make the post season this year. If they do and the steelers stand in our way it's them that ought be scared of us. Not the other way around. They blew a huge lead and squeaked by once and got demolished the second time.

The steelers team the browns played this season is not the same steelers team hitting the field right now.

Yes it is. Did the Rooneys sell the team? Did he trade franchises like Robert Irsay? Did they fire their GM and HC? Did they cut half their roster.

Its the same team. They just played better in a couple of games. They could go back to playing bad again. Possible. 4 of next 5 are road games for them. Maybe they are just one of those teams that play much better at home.

I have no thoughts that the browns will make the post season this year. If they do and the steelers stand in our way it's them that ought be scared of us. Not the other way around. They blew a huge lead and squeaked by once and got demolished the second time.

They aren't blowing leads now.

Yes it is. Did the Rooneys sell the team? Did he trade franchises like Robert Irsay? Did they fire their GM and HC? Did they cut half their roster.

Its the same team. They just played better in a couple of games. They could go back to playing bad again. Possible. 4 of next 5 are road games for them. Maybe they are just one of those teams that play much better at home.

12 TDs in two games. It would need to be a very steep regression.

Edit: you also know exactly what I mean when I say the steelers are a different team BUT if you want to get cute Martavis Bryant was inactive both times we played previously so no its really not the same team.

Martavis Bryant was inactive and James Harrison is still getting back in to game shape. Just the added wrinkle of Bryant has made a big difference with the offense so no its not the same team. The steelers are also playing at a much higher level.

Those mean nothing if BR weren't playing lights out.

If you say the Steelers are not the same team....because you got a couple players playing better, then I guess the Browns will not the same team.....when Gordon returns, and Phil Jackson returns, and Jordan returns, and they figure out their offensive line problem (Mack will not be returning)....or when this or that other player returns.

Those mean nothing if BR weren't playing lights out.

If you say the Steelers are not the same team....because you got a couple players playing better, then I guess the Browns will not the same team.....when Gordon returns, and Phil Jackson returns, and Jordan returns, and they figure out their offensive line problem (Mack will not be returning)....or when this or that other player returns.

I edited in something above. Martavis Bryant wasn't on the active roster.

I'm not punching anything but if you watched the last two games there is reason for optimism in Pittsburgh. The defense is getting a lot of pressure and Ben is doing what he wants. You can downplay the colts and the ravens all you want. The colts were on a 5 game streak and the ravens were 5-3 as well. The steelers still have the Bengals twice. Denver just got schlacked by the patriots and Seattle isn't the same.

Bengals have to play both Browns and Steelers twice.

Seattle is not a team you have to worry about unless you make the Super Bowl...and they do too.

And Despite everything.....including yesterday's result.....the Pats and Broncos both still have the best records in the AFC, followed by the Bengals.

The Browns hope to do something about that Thursday......you are rooting for the Browns in that game, are you not? (it is in your best interest to do so).

Harrison admittedly was not and still isn't in game shape but he's been gradually getting back to game shape as evidenced by his last two games. I will preface all this with I know most of you don't give a damn but I'm going to provide my take anyway since it's being discussed.

My take is that since Harrison has decided to come back for one more shot that he has ramped up his HGH usage for one last hurrah. He sucks for 2 years, retires, then all of a sudden, miraculously he is coming back and playing like he did in the old days? Not without help.

I think the rest of the defense is inspired by the play of both Keisel and Harrison. It's getting the rest of the defense up, they are really pressuring the quarterback and as a result forcing turnovers. They weren't doing that early in the season.

Add in Martavis Bryant from the inactives and his presence has done two things. It has first and foremost created a redzone threat Ben hasn't had since Plax or just a vertical field threat period.

OK, I have already said I liked this guy and would have wanted the Browns to take him....but what is with that hairdo? It looks like he had red worms crawling out of his head.

Heath Miller is a big guy but he's not skying for balls. Bryant is 6'4 with very good deep speed. Bryant also takes pressure of Wheaton and one of the things he himself has admitted is that once he messes up a couple times he lets it get in his head. He's now not tasked with being the number two alone and his play has elevated as a direct result. Lance Moore is also back healthy. The offensive line is fortified and our running backs have been running well all season. I've seen it posted here a few times now where the wins over both the colts and now the ravens are being downplayed, implying that clearly those teams had to have been playing down for the Steelers to win.

You have been posting that shit primarily to talk to yourself. I am the only one here that really pays any attention to what you say. If I stopped responding to you, you would have to play with whatever you can reach from the holes in your pocket.

The colts were on a 5 game rip and ben threw for over 500 and 6 td's. The Ravens may have been reeling a little bit but early in the game it seemed like it was going to be a war. Ben got sacked at one point 3 consecutive times but the Steelers battled back, started pressuring flacco and the rest is history. The fact of the matter is the defense of the Steelers has stepped way up and the offense is on fire. They draw the Jets next week which is just going to add additional fuel to the fire. The Jets are a hated opponent and then they draw the titans which is another "rivalry" type game.

Why on fucking earth do you say that the Jets are a "hated opponent"?

I see the Steelers staying up the rest of the way and that emotional wave plus exemplary play could lead to big things for the Steelers. Bottom line when your quarterback throws 12 td's and almost 900 yards in two games that's no fluke. I'd be glad as a Browns fan those games with the Steelers are out of the way already.

May not have mattered. The Browns may have had his number regardless.

I know one slight factor in the Ravens game is that the Rats were playing without their best DB. And that defensive backfield for them is poor anyway. Not to take away from BRs performance, but that was a depleted team. Once the Steelers learned to control the pass rush it was just pitch and catch.

Mik was I in here tooting my horn about the beat down we gave the colts? I saw no reason to be here running my mouth when the board had reason to be excited about things. I'm really not interested in raining on parades. I'm not interested in shitting up this board and there weren't steelers threads or mentions of the steelers until now.

This started out as a thread about comparing Hoyer vs. Flacco. It had nothing to do with the Steelers until you hijacked it. The only reason the Steelers got mentioned is because you were the one who did the mentioning.

12 TDs in two games. It would need to be a very steep regression.

Edit: you also know exactly what I mean when I say the steelers are a different team BUT if you want to get cute Martavis Bryant was inactive both times we played previously so no its really not the same team.

You are the one getting cute with the "we are not the same team" statement. That is a stupid statement.

You can say "we are playing much better now....and here are factors why:"

Why try to be cute, why try to be stupid. Say what the facts are.

And can the Steelers regress steeply? Why not. They had their asses handed to them....then went on a nice impressive 2 game win streak. No one will confuse them with the 1948 Browns. They could have their asses handed to them again next week. (Probably not since they are playing the Jets....though Rex Ryan knows how to have his way with a supposed "hot" QB). So, yes, it could happen.

Is there a way to lock Steeler fans in a closet with Stockboy?

I know it sounds inhumane... just not sure in which direction.

Archived