THE BROWNS BOARD

Special needs kid put into football game, gets hit hard.

WalterWhite

great story.

masculine empathy is developed by situations like this.

nothing taste better than your own blood when you realize you had and have men behind you

and there is nothing quite like public embarrassment for taking advantage of the weak to help you develop your own character.

in a feminine culture this is foul.

in a world of men, this is needed.

i'm not saying play special needs kids, I'm saying in this particular story, I think all the young men on that football field became better men because it happened.

So they were made better men by blindly brawling?

Or they were made better men by being punished?

Or... Ya know... That whole concept here is full of shit.

But yes yes yes... Worst generation. Lazy. Selfish. Blah blah blah. Same old shit that's always existed. I guess we just forgot because of how amazing the past generations were... Lol

mom upset

mom throws a flag

the way mom sees it

but vincent sees something different...

people will protect me (if) anything goes wrong, they have my back

that isn't entitlement. that's awareness and appreciation which develops a sense of responsibility and belonging.

yes, that makes him a better man.

and yes, this...

Probably because for once they all had to face repercussions for their poor decisions--a concept that is foreign to your generation.

do you want to be the kid that attacked a special needs kid on a football field? you want that label?

are you ordering that patch for your letter jacket?

in this sense when I say they became better men, I believe they learned a lesson about protecting the weak and putting their community in front of themselves.

essentially the fundamental reason why certain societies survived while others didn't.

you don't have to agree, but dig a litter deeper in your rebuttal.

Relevant podcast is you're interested. http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/11/01/art-of-manliness-podcast-87-the-wonder-of-boys-with-dr-michael-gurian/

Related:

Garrett is 23 years old, 5 feet tall and weights 130 lbs. Although he is diagnosed with Down Syndrome and Rheumatoid Arthritis. He found his passion in MMA (Mixed Martial arts) because this sport made him feel good about himself.

His dad supported him in getting through with MMA training and a getting a UFC style fight with a MMA fighter his size. His whole family was against his dad for letting him go through with this.

He believes in never backing down from a fight and to keep going.

Garrett is a MMA instructor now and teaches kids how to fight. He is working with another kid with Down Syndrome to help him succeed in life.

Lessons: There's no limits in life, don't limit yourself. Garrett is a true inspiration.

Related:

Garrett is 23 years old, 5 feet tall and weights 130 lbs. Although he is diagnosed with Down Syndrome and Rheumatoid Arthritis. He found his passion in MMA (Mixed Martial arts) because this sport made him feel good about himself.

His dad supported him in getting through with MMA training and a getting a UFC style fight with a MMA fighter his size. His whole family was against his dad for letting him go through with this.

He believes in never backing down from a fight and to keep going.

Garrett is a MMA instructor now and teaches kids how to fight. He is working with another kid with Down Syndrome to help him succeed in life.

Lessons: There's no limits in life, don't limit yourself. Garrett is a true inspiration.

Wait though how did his fight go? Was it fair to the other fighter that had to beat up a guy with downs syndrome? No one wants to be in that position.

1. This happened in 2006. Why the attention now?

2. It's football. "Why stick him in and not tell the other coach"? Are you serious? So, even in a garbage time play at then end of the game, when the bench warmers get to play you want a coach to have his kids not play hard? Isn't that a recipe for potential harm to the other team?

3. It's like when they stick a girl in as the kicker or a rare wide out in HS footall, or a girl on the wrestling team. Stuff's gonna happen, people on the side fielding the girl are gonna boo hoo. Football is like boxing or wrestling - you should be aware going in that you can get hurt, get your bell rung at any time.

4. Before I read the OP and watched the video I thought "Oh Boy, another Greg Little thread".....

I admit I'm somewhat confused by the anger directed at the offensive player who delivered the pancake block.

From the accounts I've read, the other team wasn't told that it was a special needs kid; is part of being a high

school player today being required to recognize when special needs players are inserted into the game?

If a coach intends to let a kid with special needs on the field, I would think that is something he would discuss

with the opposing coach before the game. And then, when you're up 40 on the other team late in the game and put him

in maybe you should have one of your captains give the other coach a heads up. You know, something along the

lines of " Now that we're totally kicking your asses we're putting a kid into the game that under normal circumstances

would have no earthly business on a football field. "

Archived