THE BROWNS BOARD

Greg Little says Thursday's game is 'personal,' rips coach Mike Pettine

D Bone

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/11/former_cleveland_browns_receiv_1.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- New Bengals receiver Greg Little said the Thursday night's showdown with his former team is "personal" and that "somebody's gotta pay."
It's not as if a matchup between the Browns (5-3) and Bengals (5-2-1) needed any additional stoking but Little, who played the past three seasons in Cleveland, provided it anyway Tuesday. He even took a shot at Mike Pettine, saying the new Browns coach did not communicate with players around the Berea facility -- at least when Little was still part of the team prior to his May 16 release.
"Everything about this game is personal for me and I'm going to treat it that way," said Little, signed by the Bengals Oct. 14 after being released by the Raiders. "And I'm going to put my team in the best position to win."
Little was asked to elaborate on the "personal" angle.
"How the whole release was handled," he said. "I just knew there would be a time I would play the Browns. I felt like it was inevitable and the time has come . . .
"I was coming into a new coaching staff and they were looking at me to come in and play well. I had a great relationship with them and the front office decided to go another direction and hopefully I will make them pay."
Little was released after news of Josh Gordon's looming drug suspension was made public. The receiving corps was in a serious state of flux, but it didn't stop management from cutting Little, who caught 155 passes for 1,821 yards and eight touchdowns in 48 games.
Little infuriated some with his penchant for dropped passes and speeding tickets. He remains good friends with Gordon.
He believes general manager Ray Farmer was "100 percent" behind his release. But Little saved his most interesting remarks for Pettine.
"I did not get along with Pettine," he said. "Pettine doesn't get along with any of his players. Like you will walk past him in the hallway and he won't even speak to you. To have that type of (approach) for a coach is kind of odd. I can't go you and say I'm going to lay it on the line for a guy who won't even speak to me if we were the only two people in the hallway.
So Pettine never spoke to Little?
"He never spoke to anybody," he said.
Little has caught four passes for 155 yards in three games with Bengals. He took 40 snaps, but was not targeted in Sunday's 33-23 win over the Jaguars on Sunday.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I did not get along with Pettine," he said. "Pettine doesn't get along with any of his players. Like you will walk past him in the hallway and he won't even speak to you. To have that type of (approach) for a coach is kind of odd...

...unless, of course, you're already dead meat.

You dont want to lay it on the line for the coach? How about laying it on the line for yourself, your career and your teammates?

So Coach doesn't waste his breath on players who aren't part of the plan. Get over it Greg. Coach thought you sucked and he cut you.

Did that "speak to you"?

My 1st thought when I read the article was, "No Greg, coach just didn't like you". Pretty ballzy to open his mouth about an incoming coach. Hopefully this is used as bulletin board material by the players, and they go out with just that little extra oomph to protect their leader.

What's personal is how many times Little fucked us as a team with his drops. How many times did he start a season saying he came back from the mountain and has it together. Fuck him. I loved Pettine's response. I hope we go into headhunter mode on this jackass.

I suppose it never occurred to him that the Browns and then Raiders cut him because he just sucks at his job.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/11/former_cleveland_browns_receiv_1.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- New Bengals receiver Greg Little said the Thursday night's showdown with his former team is "personal" and that "somebody's gotta pay."

It's not as if a matchup between the Browns (5-3) and Bengals (5-2-1) needed any additional stoking but Little, who played the past three seasons in Cleveland, provided it anyway Tuesday. He even took a shot at Mike Pettine, saying the new Browns coach did not communicate with players around the Berea facility -- at least when Little was still part of the team prior to his May 16 release.

"Everything about this game is personal for me and I'm going to treat it that way," said Little, signed by the Bengals Oct. 14 after being released by the Raiders. "And I'm going to put my team in the best position to win."

Little was asked to elaborate on the "personal" angle.

"How the whole release was handled," he said. "I just knew there would be a time I would play the Browns. I felt like it was inevitable and the time has come . . .

"I was coming into a new coaching staff and they were looking at me to come in and play well. I had a great relationship with them and the front office decided to go another direction and hopefully I will make them pay."

Little was released after news of Josh Gordon's looming drug suspension was made public. The receiving corps was in a serious state of flux, but it didn't stop management from cutting Little, who caught 155 passes for 1,821 yards and eight touchdowns in 48 games.

Little infuriated some with his penchant for dropped passes and speeding tickets. He remains good friends with Gordon.

He believes general manager Ray Farmer was "100 percent" behind his release. But Little saved his most interesting remarks for Pettine.

"I did not get along with Pettine," he said. "Pettine doesn't get along with any of his players. Like you will walk past him in the hallway and he won't even speak to you. To have that type of (approach) for a coach is kind of odd. I can't go you and say I'm going to lay it on the line for a guy who won't even speak to me if we were the only two people in the hallway.

So Pettine never spoke to Little?

"He never spoke to anybody," he said.

Little has caught four passes for 155 yards in three games with Bengals. He took 40 snaps, but was not targeted in Sunday's 33-23 win over the Jaguars on Sunday.

Ha ha ha ha what a total ignoramus!!!!! He must know he's bad if he got cut by a team with no receivers.

Little is gonna have to beg Dalton to throw him at least one pass. You watch! He'll be in for one play. I watch football and play fantasy and didn't even know Greg Little got picked up by the Begals. If that's the case then A.J. Green better watch out!

Man, why all the Little hate? I always thought highly of Little when he was a Brown. Yeah, he dropped passes, I think everybody on the team at that time was dropping them. The guy had like 5 or 6 different QBs throwing him the ball throughout the season. You guys have to remember that he's a converted Runningback. Runningbacks don't have the best hands on the team usually and at least I expected him to struggle catching the ball. That being said Little is just wearing his heart on his sleeve and having an outburst. Nothing but love from me for Little, I just hope he doesn't beat us when it counts. Best of luck, not Thursday though, wish he wasn't a Bengal.

Archived