THE BROWNS BOARD

Greg Little says Thursday's game is 'personal,' rips coach Mike Pettine

D Bone

Man, why all the Little hate? I always thought highly of Little when he was a Brown. Yeah, he dropped passes, I think everybody on the team at that time was dropping them. The guy had like 5 or 6 different QBs throwing him the ball throughout the season. You guys have to remember that he's a converted Runningback. Runningbacks don't have the best hands on the team usually and at least I expected him to struggle catching the ball. That being said Little is just wearing his heart on his sleeve and having an outburst. Nothing but love from me for Little, I just hope he doesn't beat us when it counts. Best of luck, not Thursday though, wish he wasn't a Bengal.

The problem is we shouldn't expect our WRs to drop the ball.

I hated how he'd drop a key 3rd down pass, then on the next series lose his shit after catching a 2 yard pass.

He's a #4 receiver on most teams, or practice squad. Nothing against him personally.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, why all the Little hate? I always thought highly of Little when he was a Brown. Yeah, he dropped passes, I think everybody on the team at that time was dropping them. The guy had like 5 or 6 different QBs throwing him the ball throughout the season. You guys have to remember that he's a converted Runningback. Runningbacks don't have the best hands on the team usually and at least I expected him to struggle catching the ball. That being said Little is just wearing his heart on his sleeve and having an outburst. Nothing but love from me for Little, I just hope he doesn't beat us when it counts. Best of luck, not Thursday though, wish he wasn't a Bengal.

The Little hate is very well deserved. I was a fan of little, and willing to give him the time to develop. Unfortunately for the Browns, he never developed. After three seasons, we know exactly who Greg Little is, an athletic guy who can't consistently catch the ball.

What makes it worse is that when he does make a catch (what he's paid to do) he prances around like he just discovered fire, it's simply embarrassing. Celebrating after a game changing play is one thing, but an over-the-top celebration dedicated to a 7 yard gain in garbage time is laughable.

The worst of it all, however, is that he can't even own what a shit receiver he is. He has to make excuses as if it was something personal between him and the HC.

No Greg, you're a dogshit receiver which is why the Browns cut you. It's also why the winless Raiders cut you. Go talk to the media once you establish yourself as a viable NFL player. My advice though, go sell cars.

Because Little didn't care that he couldn't catch a ball, and apparently

practiced like a stoned pansy.

Sure, he'll talk "tough" now that he's on the hot seat with another team, when

he could be riding easy for $$$$$ with the Browns.

don't miss him, he's an idiot.

i think that when the browns get a player with talent the fans always hope for the best. but our track record with WRs is not good.

i liked little a lot along with massaquoi and winslow (te) and jurkevic and so on but to bitch about how someone wronged you when you are the one that wronged yourself and all the fans believing in you is so diva and beyond.

if he worked at a fish market he would have been fired the first day.

"Everything about this game is personal for me and I'm going to treat it that way," said Little... "And I'm going to put my team in the best position to win."

Translation: "I expect to be inactive this week."

Why the Hate? Greg Little couldn't catch a F'n Cold when he was a Brown. For the love of Christ, The RAIDERS, the F'n RAIDERS waived him. So now He's the Big shit on the block now? He can go suck himself off, but I would imagine he can't catch or hold onto his own junk to do it. Go F yourself GL, I hope you run a crossing pattern and Whitner lays you out. I know you won't catch it...

Little is gonna have to beg Dalton to throw him at least one pass. You watch! He'll be in for one play. I watch football and play fantasy and didn't even know Greg Little got picked up by the Bengals. If that's the case then A.J. Green better watch out!

Go check out the Bengals depth chart not only behind AJ Green , but Sanu, Sanzenbacker, and everybody else. Be damn thankful your even on an NFL roster (after getting cut by the suckful Raiders) - thanks for the bulletin board material Greg.

I wish he would get a job at Gordon's former employer- that NE Ohio Car dealership. Why all the Little hate PG? Because they guy has hands of stone. IIRC he led the NFL in drops- at least one season, and maybe two. Any WR who can't hang onto the ball is totally worthless.

Whenever I chuck the ball around with my son and nephews, when one of us drops the ball, they shout "Greg Little!" Even six and eight year olds know how bad he is.

I don't hate Greg Little because he couldn't catch the ball--that was disappointing but not worth hating him for it. He deserves hate for being a selfish player who definitely does not "play like a Brown" and definitely talks like an ass. He should keep his mouth shut because he hasn't earned the right to make anyone pay.

If it can't be a blow out, I hope that the bungles lose because Little drops a 4th down pass that would have set them up for the game winning FG.

Nah, it's got to be a tip from Little in to the hands of Haden who runs it back for a TD.

[/quote

PG really ! 5 or 6 different QB's ? Don't tell me, 2 threw knuckleballs, 2 threw change ups, one threw hard sliders. Maybe Little Greg should have asked for a football glove for Christmas ! Or perhaps we were experimenting with stealth footballs with cloaking devices, rendering the ball invisible . Little couldn't pour piss out of a boot with the instructions on the heel. Pettine should have talked to him though. Like....."Here's a lunchbox Greg, go get a job you might be qualified for."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/11/former_cleveland_browns_receiv_1.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- New Bengals receiver Greg Little said the Thursday night's showdown with his former team is "personal" and that "somebody's gotta pay."

It's not as if a matchup between the Browns (5-3) and Bengals (5-2-1) needed any additional stoking but Little, who played the past three seasons in Cleveland, provided it anyway Tuesday. He even took a shot at Mike Pettine, saying the new Browns coach did not communicate with players around the Berea facility -- at least when Little was still part of the team prior to his May 16 release.

"Everything about this game is personal for me and I'm going to treat it that way," said Little, signed by the Bengals Oct. 14 after being released by the Raiders. "And I'm going to put my team in the best position to win."

Little was asked to elaborate on the "personal" angle.

"How the whole release was handled," he said. "I just knew there would be a time I would play the Browns. I felt like it was inevitable and the time has come . . .

"I was coming into a new coaching staff and they were looking at me to come in and play well. I had a great relationship with them and the front office decided to go another direction and hopefully I will make them pay."

Little was released after news of Josh Gordon's looming drug suspension was made public. The receiving corps was in a serious state of flux, but it didn't stop management from cutting Little, who caught 155 passes for 1,821 yards and eight touchdowns in 48 games.

Little infuriated some with his penchant for dropped passes and speeding tickets. He remains good friends with Gordon.

He believes general manager Ray Farmer was "100 percent" behind his release. But Little saved his most interesting remarks for Pettine.

"I did not get along with Pettine," he said. "Pettine doesn't get along with any of his players. Like you will walk past him in the hallway and he won't even speak to you. To have that type of (approach) for a coach is kind of odd. I can't go you and say I'm going to lay it on the line for a guy who won't even speak to me if we were the only two people in the hallway.

So Pettine never spoke to Little?

"He never spoke to anybody," he said.

Little has caught four passes for 155 yards in three games with Bengals. He took 40 snaps, but was not targeted in Sunday's 33-23 win over the Jaguars on Sunday.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/11/former_cleveland_browns_receiv_1.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- New Bengals receiver Greg Little said the Thursday night's showdown with his former team is "personal" and that "somebody's gotta pay."

It's not as if a matchup between the Browns (5-3) and Bengals (5-2-1) needed any additional stoking but Little, who played the past three seasons in Cleveland, provided it anyway Tuesday. He even took a shot at Mike Pettine, saying the new Browns coach did not communicate with players around the Berea facility -- at least when Little was still part of the team prior to his May 16 release.

"Everything about this game is personal for me and I'm going to treat it that way," said Little, signed by the Bengals Oct. 14 after being released by the Raiders. "And I'm going to put my team in the best position to win."

"How the whole release was handled," he said. "I just knew there would be a time I would play the Browns. I felt like it was inevitable and the time has come . . .

"I was coming into a new coaching staff and they were looking at me to come in and play well. I had a great relationship with them and the front office decided to go another direction and hopefully I will make them pay."

Little was released after news of Josh Gordon's looming drug suspension was made public. The receiving corps was in a serious state of flux, but it didn't stop management from cutting Little, who caught 155 passes for 1,821 yards and eight touchdowns in 48 games.

Little infuriated some with his penchant for dropped passes and speeding tickets. He remains good friends with Gordon.

He believes general manager Ray Farmer was "100 percent" behind his release. But Little saved his most interesting remarks for Pettine.

"I did not get along with Pettine," he said. "Pettine doesn't get along with any of his players. Like you will walk past him in the hallway and he won't even speak to you. To have that type of (approach) for a coach is kind of odd. I can't go you and say I'm going to lay it on the line for a guy who won't even speak to me if we were the only two people in the hallway.

Little has caught four passes for 155 yards in three games with Bengals. He took 40 snaps, but was not targeted in Sunday's 33-23 win over the Jaguars on Sunday.

Little was famous for dropped passes. So many games could have been won if he just hung on to the damn ball. So its personal, "BFD". If you even get on the field consider yourself lucky.

The peeps in Cinci are really enjoying this whole thing and making it into a Hawkins vs Little game. Which is a joke really.

They seem to think that they got our #1 receiver, while we only got their #4 receiver, giving them the better deal. Hahaha.

Their predictions are for Little to blow up and own the Browns, while Hawkins fails miserably. Somehow, I see it differently.

The peeps in Cinci are really enjoying this whole thing and making it into a Hawkins vs Little game. Which is a joke really.

They seem to think that they got our #1 receiver, while we only got their #4 receiver, giving them the better deal. Hahaha.

Their predictions are for Little to blow up and own the Browns, while Hawkins fails miserably. Somehow, I see it differently.

With the injuries to Jones and Green, they'd love to have Hawkins at this point.

Let's just hope Hawkins plays

The best scenario would be:

Little tips the ball into Gipson's hands, who runs it back for a touchdown while Whitner hits Little so hard he shits his pants and then he just sits on the field and cries.

With that said... Greg Little takes up so little of my attention that I'm sure I'll forget he's even on the Bengals until he drops a wide open pass- to which I'll reply "Oh shit, looks like Greg Little out there...oh, it actually is."

What a fucking entitled idiot.

If the Bengals win, it's going to have sweet fuck all to do with Greg Little.

Not sure who here in Cincinnati would think Little is better than Hawkins. Anyone that does is obviously talking out their ass or is just plain dumb.

It's embarrassing that a guy who can barely make a team is running his mouth. Just shutup and play, or in Little's case, keep that bench warm.

As luck would have it I will be stopping overnight in cincy on the way back to Ohio from TN Thursday night!! I have got to find a ticket on the street close enough to the Bengals bench to give Little the shit he deserves during this game

It shouldn't be hard.

I was done with fool his rookie season. And not because he couldn't catch the ball, which, he couldn't. I remember a game where he couldn't catch a cold if someone sneezed in his face the whole game, and then during garbage time, after we were already toast, he finally makes a first down catch and decides he should celebrate on the field like the idiot he is. If I had been his HC I would have dragged his ass off the field by the throat and he would have never seen playing time again. He made a fool of himself and the team. As if getting a beat down by the opponent (I don't remember who it was) wasn't bad enough, he had to go and make it worse by being a jackass.

We should send a game ball to the other Locker Room for Little...Of course... he'd drop it.

Little's case of the dropsies appeared contagious tonight for the Bengals other recievers. Heck, he even made the refs drop a yellow flag. Thanks for the 15 yard penalty, Greg!

Archived