THE BROWNS BOARD

Republicans take house and senate.

WalterWhite

GOP with another win in Massachusetts

YEAH

another 2 years of the REP not letting anything get done

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

Like the dems with two years of dominating both houses of Congress and the presidency?

idiot.

Most of America cares. You know, most of the ones who aren't on the public dole, and

aren't progressive marxist sumbeech Obamao idoling, Saul Alinksi cult members.

One of the first things I might pass if I were a member of Congress would be raising the minimum wage but modesty and incrementally not to the huge numbers the Democrats wanted. (Actually only said that they wanted.) No problem with a few bucks over a few years but since it won't be a budget buster Obama will probably veto it.

Also an immigration reform bill with heavy and bulletproof requirements for border security first

Certainly make it easier for educated and prosperous foreign nationals to come here.

WSS

that way you take away a lot of the Democrats firepower in 2016 away by passing reasonable legislation and allowing Obama to veto it.

WSS

The nice thing is Harry Reid won't be able to be the real obstructionist anymore..

Mia Love won in Utah. That is awesome !

True - it's on the Reps bigtime, to make CONSTRUCTIVE moves,

to make a difference.

Like repealing parts of "obamaocare", and yes, while Flugels got honked off at me

for arguing against the minimum wage too high, a modest raise would be a good thing.

How much to raise it, and still avoid many thousands, tens of thousands of wage, unskilled workers

losing their only jobs, is the trick.

The Dems went totally political, following a pres that was totally unqualified to be pres, on an Alinski,

experience in leadership, military, character basis, and they blew hippo poop all around.

Harry Reid's garbage in the Senate hurt this country...all about hard core leftwing marfia style politics.

The old fart, republican, from Kentucky isn't much of a man, either - can't figure out what kind

of a Congressman he is. He sucks.

But some new faces will really make a huge difference, I think.

It's amazing some of these guys won. I can only imagine the other side fucked up or was even worse. Or they were unopposed

I'm getting old enough to see the pattern. As Cal said, it is a pendulum. The republicans will get in power, they'll screw some more things up, and the pendulum will swing back to Democrats, who will also screw things up, and so on and on it will go.

I'm getting old enough to see the pattern. As Cal said, it is a pendulum. The republicans will get in power, they'll screw some more things up, and the pendulum will swing back to Democrats, who will also screw things up, and so on and on it will go.

What a lovely system

As I see it nobody is really all that happy with their lot in life. Rather than face up to the idea that maybe, just maybe, we don't do the work or take the time to achieve what we want. Ironically even if we do we learn the hard way that it doesn't necessarily bring peace or happiness. The people who love power enough to run for office know that.

Obama was a false Savior. He couldn't deliver on the joy his followers need and expected from him. (neither was George W Bush but nobody pretended he was a world changing figure)

Ask yourselves, no matter who you vote for, what things would make your life happier? And which of those things can reasonably be delivered buy a politician? Soon enough anyone who believes in the Republican Party will start to realize they didn't make him any taller or stronger or better looking or smarter or richer...

WSS

What a lovely system

That's why I voted independent this year, even though I knew he'd lose. I've always felt a third party would bring a bit more stability to our political system.

As it turns out, even though the independent didn't win, he got enough votes to officially create the party he set out to create.

Maybe.... the NEW GUARD will start encouraging other older dems and reps to realize

that what it's all about, is representing the AMERICAN PEOPLE, instead of playing

the Washington games.

The American people deserve a hell of a lot better than the old guards have only talked about

only while running for re-election.

While we congratulate our selves over our deep intellect and far reaching insight remember that just being independent means virtually, what's the term, oh yes jack shit. George Wallace and Bernie Sanders are independence or were.

At least with the two major parties you get a rough idea how your particular asshole sits.

:D

WSS

While we congratulate our selves over our deep intellect and far reaching insight remember that just being independent means virtually, what's the term, oh yes jack shit. George Wallace and Bernie Sanders are independence or were.

At least with the two major parties you get a rough idea how your particular asshole sits.

:D

WSS

It means jack shit today, but tomorrow? Who knows. The only way to reach a critical mass where it will make a difference is for people to voice their displeasure with the two-party system with their votes. It may not result in a more pluralistic system, but it might force Dems and Reps to change as Cal suggested.

Maybe but I see it as a pipe dream, my friend. Reason being is an independent might be a Marxist or a Nazi. Let's say the Independent Party is slightly more liberal or slightly more conservative than the Republicans or Democrats.

That should result in elections going toward the people that the majority of the voters don't want. Which is why conservatives would like to see Ralph Nader do well or Liberals would like to see Pat Robertson as a third party. Split the vote baby!

WSS

I wouldn't say my main concerns are bills that would directly impact me. It's the much larger scope issues that I believe are important and could improve our country. This may then down the line indirectly improve my life. Basically the reasoning behind public schools and funding them with taxes.

But then again, I would think that's basically what everyone is looking at. We are then just left to decide which side has the better argument, hopefully with reasoning, facts, evidence etc. Sadly though, that only works if the people judging the sides care about those facts and reasoning.

Archived