THE BROWNS BOARD

Broken Streaks

gftChris

Won the first home opener in how long?

Beat Big Ben in how long?

Won an away game for the first time in a year

A win on the road in the AFC North is one of the last remaining bad streaks. If we can end that, go 6-3, top of the division (head-to-head tie breaker we win?) then I think I, and a whole lot of people here and round the world, will take the Browns seriously as playoff contenders this year.

It's going to take a big effort all round though, particularly from the D stepping up and playing at least the sum of their parts, something they're not doing at the moment. Can't expect much more than 23/24 points from the O, so we need a stifling D performance - like we had last year, for a quarter, before it all fell apart.

A win on the road in the AFC North is one of the last remaining bad streaks.

Not to mention Cinci's home win streak... so this week's it's a two-fer...

Bengals are 13-0-1 at home in their last 14.

But I like to think the home field advantage isn't as significant when they're playing cleveland. There's going to be almost as many browns fans in that city than bungles tomorrow night, or maybe if the weather is bad the bungle fans will just get spaghetti+chilli, milwaukee's best ice and stay home.

Well, I don't know if you can call it a win streak with that tie in there...

Not to mention Cinci's home win no-losses streak... so this week's it's a two-fer...

Fixed...

Won the first home opener in how long?

Beat Big Ben in how long?

Won an away game for the first time in a year

A win on the road in the AFC North is one of the last remaining bad streaks. If we can end that, go 6-3, top of the division (head-to-head tie breaker we win?) then I think I, and a whole lot of people here and round the world, will take the Browns seriously as playoff contenders this year.

I was thinking about these streaks yesterday, after someone mentioned the Bengals home record. And I thought the same thing - that we were overcoming a lot of obstacles that used to stop us and the "streaks" were dropping.

In addition to killing the Home Opener & Ben R/Steelers streaks. I see us becoming a great second half team, which is HUGE!! Instead of playing well early, then losing the lead(like we've done for years). We seem to gain momentum as the game goes on, supported by our 3 comebacks and some late defensive stops. And, because of this, we have become a fairly dominant(yes, I said it) second half team. Which means we dont quit and you gotta out play us for 60 minutes or you could lose. I dont think the Bungles have that in them. I think, unlike the Browns, if they get popped a few times they will go down.

I remember this spring Coach P saying something to the effect of "we will be mentally tough and make the 4th quarter our wheel house".

Very possible. I like my Bengals at home, but you guys play us tough even in years that you aren't winning a lot... I expect this to be a very tough game.

There is very little difference between the 4 AFCN teams, though Steeler fans will tell you that because BR got all those TDs that their team is the bomb......except that the last time they met an AFCN opponent they got fucksticked.

Short prep week, stop 17 AfcN road losing streak, no better place than a jungle.Farmer put your money where your mouth is. Cinncy prep for Hoyer,OK , Opening drive Johnny Football under center and see where it goes. Our first half's are scary as hell any how, Hoyer's great at getting us out of messes anyhow:-) Go Dawgs in jungle.( Or of course,we go to Texas next week,He's kinda famous there,and what do you know Mallett going to start,PERFECT,see what we lost????

There is very little difference between the 4 AFCN teams, though Steeler fans will tell you that because BR got all those TDs that their team is the bomb......except that the last time they met an AFCN opponent they got fucksticked.

We just smacked the hell of the ravens didn't we?

I'll give the steelers some credit...apparently Cowher calling them panty wearing sissy boys may have woken them up. Not sure how/why Tomlin hasn't been able to do the same. Still don't think the champ of the AFC north is gonna make much noise in the post season though. Just my opinion. I think the whole division has really lost a lot of it's edge.

Short prep week, stop 17 AfcN road losing streak, no better place than a jungle.Farmer put your money where your mouth is. Cinncy prep for Hoyer,OK , Opening drive Johnny Football under center and see where it goes. Our first half's are scary as hell any how, Hoyer's great at getting us out of messes anyhow:-) Go Dawgs in jungle.( Or of course,we go to Texas next week,He's kinda famous there,and what do you know Mallett going to start,PERFECT,see what we lost????

Every time you post I feel like I'm having a stroke. Are you in Ghana? Or the bronx?

Archived