THE BROWNS BOARD

what the hell? Did we turn a major corner or is Cincy closet bums?

Clevfan4life

I don't what to make of this game. That was an ass beating we put on them. Play half that good throughout the season and we're 8-0. This team is odd. How was our line that freakin bad last week against Tampa but this week we all of a sudden looked like the 9'ers run blocking. The only time the o line irritated me tonight was when Greco whiffed on Atkins and he tackles Hoyer on his way to the handoff, never seen that tbh. But yeah other than that the line was blocking fools out of their shoes tonight. And defensively we stopped the run...holy fuck my ass running we stopped the fucking run. How the hell did that happen? Srsly I've been wanting an all-22 x's and o's on why we couldn't stop the run all season but now I want to know what we did different tonight. I saw Robertson got most of the ILB snaps next to Dansby tonight. Maybe they figured out he's a better run stopper than Kirksey? I want to say Taylor's return had something to do with it but he was there in the beginning of the season so who the fuck knows. But something clicked tonight that's for sure. This is the front seven we were all expecting at the start of the season.

The secondary though, holy hell this is looking like the best secondary in the NFL right now. Dude's are playing their asses off. I know Dalton eerily reminds me of another ginger we had here in Cleveland...but there were some good throws he made to Green tonight that Haden shut down...skrine too. These guys are clicking huge.

Side note, Sheard looked like he had one of his best games this season. Looked better than Kruger tonight and I thought Kruger had another solid but not terribly great game. Even Mingo looked stout setting the edge tonight. Still think we need to get Kruger and Sheards hands down way more, and at the same time. I see them both put their hands down than stand up....and still rush. What's the point to that? They know you're coming. Why does our DC have them do that if down and distance make it an obvious rushing down?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the team as a whole played one of it's best games (if not the best) of the year. i had hoped they would come out and dominate from the get go and they did.

weeks ago people were putting cincy in their discussion of AFC championship game. to say they just are bums isn't true. sure they had some losses in key places but we didn't?

taylor made all the difference in the run stop game tonite for the browns IMO. and whatever fire was lit under the whole D squad should be kindled and saved for every game in the future. i'm sure our D ranking moved up significantly with this win.

on paper the bengals are stacked compared to the browns, yet hoyer with his mish-mash unit of WRs/TEs looked sharp and shanny must have devised some type of offense to allow our OL to make the best of missing mack and excel with the run.

good job by all.

How was our line that freakin bad last week against Tampa but this week we all of a sudden looked like the 9'ers run blocking.

Broncos fan here:

Easy, you run a ZBS and you lost Alex Mack. ZBS is great because you don't need superstar giants on the OL, but it takes impeccable timing and choreography. You lost your center, which meant that it took time to get the new guy integrated. The whole thing looks like crap if even one guy is off, but once they're all moving in sync you can run run run all day long (or all night long, like tonight).

Congrats on your win, btw. It blows my mind that some of your fans don't realize what you have in Hoyer.

Congrats on your win, btw. It blows my mind that some of your fans don't realize what you have in Hoyer.

cleveland has the dumbest sports fan base in the country.. its embarrassing really. try listening to an hour of cleveland sports radio and hear the callers. go read up on what they're saying about the cavs on social media and message boards. we can win out and get the top spot in the AFC and still our fan base will be clamoring for manziel because " we wont be able to win int he playoffs with boring ol' hoyer!". it's nauseating

I think it is safe to say of the Bengals that they are not who we thought they were... not what I thought at season's start anyway. And they fall short on more ways than their inactive list can account for...

That said we absolutely shocked them to their core tonite. Beat them badly in every facet of the game. Outplayed them from whistle to whistle... they never saw this Browns team coming.

It appears that our D has gelled... right on the schedule that Pettine laid out.

Obviously our O-line was serviceable tonite.

West earned a start and ran hard. Tate tiptoed early and Crow showed him how it was done... and lo and behold Tate ran hard late...

And Benji was the next man up and came thru with 3 for 46...

And Hoyer was Hoyer...

But three weeks ago I'd have thought the Steelers were done and the Ravens were the class of the AFCN.

Now?

Next week?

Next month?

Fuck if I know... but I like the direction we are headed in...

Broncos fan here:

Easy, you run a ZBS and you lost Alex Mack. ZBS is great because you don't need superstar giants on the OL, but it takes impeccable timing and choreography. You lost your center, which meant that it took time to get the new guy integrated. The whole thing looks like crap if even one guy is off, but once they're all moving in sync you can run run run all day long (or all night long, like tonight).

It's a small %. Or so I believe

the team as a whole played one of it's best games (if not the best) of the year. i had hoped they would come out and dominate from the get go and they did.

weeks ago people were putting cincy in their discussion of AFC championship game. to say they just are bums isn't true. sure they had some losses in key places but we didn't?

taylor made all the difference in the run stop game tonite for the browns IMO. and whatever fire was lit under the whole D squad should be kindled and saved for every game in the future. i'm sure our D ranking moved up significantly with this win.

on paper the bengals are stacked compared to the browns, yet hoyer with his mish-mash unit of WRs/TEs looked sharp and shanny must have devised some type of offense to allow our OL to make the best of missing mack and excel with the run.

good job by all.

Great win but who was putting the Bengals in the AFC champ game weeks ago? AJ Green got hurt and that was pretty much the down turn and Dalton sucks and really has been sucking for most of the season. You'd be the first from my perspective to say the Bengals were being mentioned in the AFC Champ game over teams like the media darling Broncos or even the Rat Birds before they too were exposed.

every talking head when the topic was AFC they mentioned the bengals as contenders, depending on what show you were listening to. i usually wake up to espn every morning and get my breakfast and watch their morning schedule. many people had said that the bengals looked legit (this is after we beat the steelers and to the announcers it was between balt and cincy) and plenty had said it could be the bengals in consideration. a lot also said that they didn't trust the bengals given the fact they get bounced out of every playoff game.

The Bengals were being talked about at the beginning of the season but didn't they shit the bed a couple times now in the last few weeks? They are def in need of a QB that's for sure. Between Gresham, Green and that sinosomethingorother....they should be an offensive terror. You could see on Greshams face on that one pass that Dalton overthrew to him...he looked downfield and saw nobody then he turned to look at Dalton and was like "srsly dude? I had nothing but green infront of me". Gotta be frustrating for those guys. The game might have been tougher on our offense at least if Mauleuga and the ankle biter had been in there.

Everyone that gets high on their horse before getting dominated by the Patriots just completely fall to pieces.

Houston showed up in 2012 wearing letterman jackets and they still haven't recovered from their ass whuppin'. I think the Patriots crushed Cinci's soul earlier in the season, and Cleveland curb stomped their skills inside out tonight as they tried to crawl out of their pretender hole.

You guys ripped Cinci's heart out tonight and destroyed their entire organization. Tomorrow the sharks will be circling the Bengals for another prime time beat down. The fans and maybe the team itself will turn on Dalton. The media is certainly going to brutalize him.The head coach probably lost his job tonight, even though he won't get a pink slip until the off season. On Thursday Night Football, the Cleveland Browns broke Cincinatti over its knee. Spine broken. Done. Finished. I do not think they will recover from this and will finish last in the AFC North. Season over. Team going to get blown up. Congratulations on the complete and long term annihilation of a rival organization,

Regardless of who the Bengals are or might have been, it's really the performance that matters. They're a talent stacked team and you gave them a straight up beat down in every phase of the game. A three and out defense, complimented by an effecient offense, great throws by Hoyer, and a swarming special teams.

To me you looked like a solid post season team.

Given the Steelers knack for losing to bad teams, I think the Browns take the North this year and become a very dangerous post season under dog very capable of ending the dream of more likely contenders.

Hopefully you don't come here first.

Hoyer looked very Brady-like tonight attacking the middle of the field.

Texans are a guaranteed win. Ryan Mallett is pure garbage.

If Cleveland is dumb enough to let Hoyer walk this year, a lot of teams are going to jump at him, and with good reason.

Anyway, awesome to see the Browns ascending.

Pats v Browns AFC Championship game. Be there.

Hoyer looked very Brady-like tonight attacking the middle of the field.

this is the recurring comparison. ive been seeing it and a handful national guys have been saying it. hoyer looks alot like brady. im not going to go as far as saying he's as good as brady (yet), even though i want to though. we'll see what hoyer does when cameron and gordon are back. next year with mack back, gordon playing all year, improved run game just based off experience and the team with a built camaraderie i think hoyer can very well cement himself as pro bowl status

obviously brady is a legend and this may look stupid on surface, but i cant help but see tom brady in hoyer everytime i watch him play. hoyer's finally getting his shot, lets see what he can do with it. who even knows if brady could be as succesful as hoyer is right now with so little help during brady's first 10 career starts. people would have gotten laughed at if they said kurt warner was going to a hall of fame quarterback during his first stretch of games in the nfl, when he didnt even make it into the nfl at all until he was like 28 and 5 years removed from college.

like i said, we'll just wait and see where hoyer takes himself

cleveland has the dumbest sports fan base in the country.. its embarrassing really. try listening to an hour of cleveland sports radio and hear the callers. go read up on what they're saying about the cavs on social media and message boards. we can win out and get the top spot in the AFC and still our fan base will be clamoring for manziel because " we wont be able to win int he playoffs with boring ol' hoyer!". it's nauseating

Reading this made me vomit.

do you disagree? do you think that generally cleveland sports fans are level headed, rational, and intelligent?

Can't judge a fan base by radio callers. Sports radio represents the worst of every fan base, and often aren't even fans. They're just fringe bitchers and trolls.

The hosts just aim for controversy and the calls wait on hold for 45 minutes to rant nothing but stupidity that embarrasses everyone listening to it.

Everyone watching football in their living rooms or with family or in the stadium love Tom Brady. The guy is like New England's long lost son, and when the Brady chant started during the Cinci game after all the media hits he took, it was really, really emotional. One of the most emotional moments I can remember watching football, and people I was watching the game with teared up a little bit. New Englanders would storm the gates for that man.

Meanwhile, on talk radio, callers were saying he sucks and demanding he be traded so we can start Garoppolo.

In my experience, sports-radio callers are night and freaking day from the real heart and soul of a fan base. That's been my experience and observation anyway.

I think Cleveland has awesome fans.

Can't judge a fan base by radio callers. Sports radio represents the worst of every fan base, and often aren't even fans. They're just fringe bitchers and trolls.

The hosts just aim for controversy and the calls wait on hold for 45 minutes to rant nothing but stupidity that embarrasses everyone listening to it.

Everyone watching football in their living rooms or with family or in the stadium love Tom Brady. The guy is like New England's long lost son, and when the Brady chant started during the Cinci game after all the media hits he took, it was really, really emotional. One of the most emotional moments I can remember watching football, and people I was watching the game with teared up a little bit. New Englanders would storm the gates for that man.

Meanwhile, on talk radio, callers were saying he sucks and demanding he be traded so we can start Garoppolo.

In my experience, sports-radio callers are night and freaking day from the real heart and soul of a fan base. That's been my experience and observation anyway.

I think Cleveland has awesome fans.

No no no no. I'm basing this off of actually living in cleveland, social media, and online message boards too. I honestly think it's safe to say we have the dumbest fans in the country. I love the passion all of NE ohio has for the city and it's teams, but we're not a very intelligent bunch. (Generally speaking)

nice way to talk about your fellow fans dipshit.

i don't think cleveland sports fans are dumb, i think thery're restless and at the first hint of trouble they start looking for the next brian sipe or the next jim brown.

people in the tavern we're talking about the cincy fans booing last night, meanwhile weren't the browns getting booed in their own stadium weeks ago?

anyhoo, last night goes a long way to shut everyone up about the little elf who wishes he could play football for santa on xmas.

Damn mik if you keep this up you are going to develop a bad reputation for understatement.

That's the most dominating game I have seen out of the Browns since Christ was a corporal in the Roman army. :ph34r:

They simply overlooked us. Just like when we analyzed our schedule...this games a win, this is a loss etc. we were their "trap game"

No, they simply got their asses handed to them by the better team in this particular game. Playing at home for first place in the division on national television and you're saying they "overlooked" a 5-3 opponent? Seriously?

They simply overlooked us. Just like when we analyzed our schedule...this games a win, this is a loss etc. we were their "trap game"

At what point do you see a 5-3 team on your schedule and think they are a 'trap game'? They didn't overlook us. The Browns just proved they are the better team. The Browns got up for this game. Joe Haden said they were treating it like a playoff game. They were hungrier. Did you see how the defensive line was coming off the ball? I hadn't seen that kind of pop from them all season long. If they play like this for the remaining game on our schedule, everyone one of them is a potential win.

Cincy can't afford to overlook anybody, they know the Browns

always play tough.

The Browns took them out of their game completely.

Nice bulletin board material, Gregg OOPSlittle.

And that is after a short week for the Browns.

Pettine and co. out-coached the Bengals. On a short week, it's all about focusing on the right things and getting your guys ready to play in 4 days. Give our team credit for being prepared ... and executing of course...

To the OP... the difference on D is simply guys adjusting to the scheme. The difference between Horton and Pettine's 3-4 D is significant, and it took these guys a few games to adjust. Now that they have, this D looks GOOD!!

What I don't get is, how do we have any passing game at all without Gordon, Cameron and Hawkins? Hoyer must me the man! No reason Manziel should feel bad being on the bench.

Hoyer is great at being non-discriminatory with the ball.

One some scoring drives he ends up getting the ball to 8 targets.

Tonight, looked like Benji was his favorite target in a skimp receiving group.

Archived