THE BROWNS BOARD

what the hell? Did we turn a major corner or is Cincy closet bums?

Clevfan4life

No, they simply got their asses handed to them by the better team in this particular game. Playing at home for first place in the division on national television and you're saying they "overlooked" a 5-3 opponent? Seriously?

We lost to the Jags...need i say more?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you disagree? do you think that generally cleveland sports fans are level headed, rational, and intelligent?

I don't think your fans are dumb; they're just traumatized by years of losing.

Funny things is that I've been watching your team and Hoyer since last year, and what's plainly obvious to me is that he's got it. He may not be "elite," but he's NFL-starter quality, certainly more so than Orton or Fitzpatrick or a dozen other guys (including Dalton). He's got an arm, makes good throws, and he doesn't panic in the pocket. That last part is the hardest for young QBs to pick up-- check out Weeden, he's decent when there's no pass rush, but as soon as a rusher comes within 3 feet of him he freaks out and throws a laser into row 50.

I don't think your fans are dumb; they're just traumatized by years of losing.

Funny things is that I've been watching your team and Hoyer since last year, and what's plainly obvious to me is that he's got it. He may not be "elite," but he's NFL-starter quality, certainly more so than Orton or Fitzpatrick or a dozen other guys (including Dalton). He's got an arm, makes good throws, and he doesn't panic in the pocket. That last part is the hardest for young QBs to pick up-- check out Weeden, he's decent when there's no pass rush, but as soon as a rusher comes within 3 feet of him he freaks out and throws a laser into row 50.

A laser into row 50 would've been infinitely smarter than a lot of what we saw.

cleveland has the dumbest sports fan base in the country..

If so, then you are a primary contributor to that statistic

its embarrassing really. try listening to an hour of cleveland sports radio and hear the callers. go read up on what they're saying about the cavs on social media and message boards. we can win out and get the top spot in the AFC and still our fan base will be clamoring for manziel because " we wont be able to win int he playoffs with boring ol' hoyer!". it's nauseating

You are just making up stupid shit. No one is clamoring for Johnny. What is nauseating are boneheads like you complaining about other fans.

Not overlooked. It was our first game without Alex Mack (huge in a ZBS), Winn, Taylor, Rubin (i believe) out. Just got beat due to mismatches and poor execution by repacement personnel.

Yes, you do, because your point is still invalid. Any team can beat any other team in the NFL. It has everything to do with who is more motivated to win. The Jags beat us because they were motivated on that particular Sunday, and we beat the Bengals because we were more motivated on this particular Thursday.

What I don't get is, how do we have any passing game at all without Gordon, Cameron and Hawkins? Hoyer must me the man! No reason Manziel should feel bad being on the bench.

It's partly the system. Play-action creates wide open receivers, and Hoyer is good enough to execute the system. Props to Hoyer, though, he made some good passes in tight spaces.

Yes, you do, because your point is still invalid. Any team can beat any other team in the NFL. It has everything to do with who is more motivated to win. The Jags beat us because they were motivated on that particular Sunday, and we beat the Bengals because we were more motivated on this particular Thursday.

Look, im so pumped at our record, how awesome we played, how great everyone looked. All i was saying was responding to the original posters question. Dude, im a believer in the browns. I was saying they probably did a little overlooking when they saw us on the schedule. All teams do it. I think that enabled us to get on them and up early, and they didnt realize how good we really are. I dont want to argue with you man, we are in First FUCKING place!!!!!!!

I'm still stoked about Desmond Hate fucking Andy two plays in a row

The truth is both, that the Bengals aren't very good and that the Browns are turning out to be pretty good, while my Ravens have taken the vacant seat at the bottom of the division usually filled by Cleveland.

I stand by what I said a few weeks ago, final 6 weeks coming up will be crucial. That said, a win next week would be huge, because you guys could split the rest of your games after that and still be 10-6.

To be fair, you guys are benefiting from a injury plagued Bengals and Ravens team, and you also have a surging Steelers team to compete with. As the Ravens and Bengals get healthy, this is gonna be a wild finish for the division, and the 1 wildcard spot not filled by an AFC West team.

The truth is both, that the Bengals aren't very good and that the Browns are turning out to be pretty good, while my Ravens have taken the vacant seat at the bottom of the division usually filled by Cleveland.

I stand by what I said a few weeks ago, final 6 weeks coming up will be crucial. That said, a win next week would be huge, because you guys could split the rest of your games after that and still be 10-6.

To be fair, you guys are benefiting from a injury plagued Bengals and Ravens team, and you also have a surging Steelers team to compete with. As the Ravens and Bengals get healthy, this is gonna be a wild finish for the division, and the 1 wildcard spot not filled by an AFC West team.

Do you suppose we are benefiting from missing three Pro-Bowlers on our offense, too? So to be fair, we are still winning despite missing Alex Mack, Josh Gordon, and Jordan Cameron. Not to mention our d-line has also been injured. I don't remember the last time we had all three starters at the same time. Oh yeah, and our leading receiver was out last night, too.

Everyone gets injured. The Browns are showing they can play through that adversity.

The browns aren't injury plagued? It's week 10 everybody's banged up. We're missing 3 offensive pro bowlers and have battled with defensive line injuries all year.

It's not easy coming into a losing franchise and changing the culture. Looks like Farmer and Pettine are succeeding though, hats off to them.

And I agree with neon deion about hoyer, pay the man!

Everyone that gets high on their horse before getting dominated by the Patriots just completely fall to pieces.

So we should thank you?

The fans and maybe the team itself will turn on Dalton. The media is certainly going to brutalize him.The head coach probably lost his job tonight, even though he won't get a pink slip until the off season. On Thursday Night Football, the Cleveland Browns broke Cincinatti over its knee. Spine broken. Done. Finished. I do not think they will recover from this and will finish last in the AFC North. Season over. Team going to get blown up. Congratulations on the complete and long term annihilation of a rival.

Everytime I think Marvin Lewis is going to get fired they give him a raise. I don't know how he has held his job for so long, but I don't mind.

That's the most dominating game I have seen out of the Browns since Christ was a corporal in the Roman army. :ph34r:

From the Jed Clampett, folksy-saying part of the weekly survey?

Everytime I think Marvin Harrison is going to get fired they give him a raise. I don't know how he has held his job for so long, but I don't mind.

Marvin Harrison came out of retirement and is now coaching the Bengals!!?! (Marvin Lewis :) )

Not to mention our d-line has also been injured.

The D-line has been on an injury carousel since the hurting started after the bye...

To be fair, you guys are benefiting from a injury plagued Bengals and Ravens team,

Those teams are no more injury riddled than the Browns. The Browns are down 2 First Team All Pros: Mack and Gordon. Plus Pro Bowler Cameron....plus several other quality player game losses.

Sure, we get Gordon back after another game.

How many All Pros and Pro Bowlers did the Ravens and Bengals lose?

and you also have a surging Steelers team to compete with.

No, we don't, not really. We are done playing them. They are now the concern of the Bengals mostly as they are the ones with 2 games left

As the Ravens and Bengals ...and Browns.....get healthy, this is gonna be a wild finish for the division, and the 1 wildcard spot not filled by an AFC West team.

You seen how many people have been in and out of our roster? And one of our guys who hasn't as of yet missed a game, needed an epidural in his back the other week just to play. Our front 7 has been dinged the whole season, we saw Taylor limp off the field again yesterday so who knows what's going on with that. Armonty is obviously out the whole season....so yeah, we're as banged up as anybody in the NFL.

You seen how many people have been in and out of our roster? And one of our guys who hasn't as of yet missed a game, needed an epidural in his back the other week just to play. Our front 7 has been dinged the whole season, we saw Taylor limp off the field again yesterday so who knows what's going on with that. Armonty is obviously out the whole season....so yeah, we're as banged up as anybody in the NFL.

Right? Mack on IR, Armonty Bryant on IR, John Hughes on IR/Designated to return, Backup LB/Special teamer Darius Eubank on IR

Gordon on Suspended list all year.

Phil Taylor out for a while. That is 3 DL there....and who else?

Taylor limped off the field last night because he looked like he just finished eating pre-injury phil taylor.

Do you suppose we are benefiting from missing three Pro-Bowlers on our offense, too? So to be fair, we are still winning despite missing Alex Mack, Josh Gordon, and Jordan Cameron. Not to mention our d-line has also been injured. I don't remember the last time we had all three starters at the same time. Oh yeah, and our leading receiver was out last night, too.

Everyone gets injured. The Browns are showing they can play through that adversity.

To be fair, you guys are benefiting from a injury plagued Bengals and Ravens team,

Those teams are no more injury riddled than the Browns. The Browns are down 2 First Team All Pros: Mack and Gordon. Plus Pro Bowler Cameron....plus several other quality player game losses.

Sure, we get Gordon back after another game.

How many All Pros and Pro Bowlers did the Ravens and Bengals lose?

Jimmy Smith, Dennis Pitta, didn't have Daniels for the Bengals game, left side of offensive line been shuffling in and out. Bengals have been without Green for many of their losses, and he still doesn't appear to be 100%.

Don't misunderstand me, not trying to take away credit. Browns deserve their record. they have done a better job handling the injuries than we have.

and you also have a surging Steelers team to compete with.

No, we don't, not really. We are done playing them. They are now the concern of the Bengals mostly as they are the ones with 2 games left

Compete in the sense of who wins the division, not head to head.

As the Ravens and Bengals ...and Browns.....get healthy, this is gonna be a wild finish for the division, and the 1 wildcard spot not filled by an AFC West team.

The browns aren't injury plagued? It's week 10 everybody's banged up. We're missing 3 offensive pro bowlers and have battled with defensive line injuries all year.

It's not easy coming into a losing franchise and changing the culture. Looks like Farmer and Pettine are succeeding though, hats off to them.

And I agree with neon deion about hoyer, pay the man!

Yes, the Browns have injuries. Everyone has injuries. I agree.

Browns are in prime position to take the division, it helps that they are playing well in spite of injuries while the Ravens and Bengals struggle with theirs.

Marvin Harrison came out of retirement and is now coaching the Bengals!!?! (Marvin Lewis :) )

Marvin Harrison probably could have coached a better game. Did you see Lewis get tackled by his own player? Priceless. I don't know why Mike Brown keeps Lewis around

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/F4E80282CE1142347093067911168_2b37ab2b64e.5.1.1759325400156469383.mp4?versionId=.WpBm2VQZB0bObtFwCGK.lDD74VGpwnE

Marvin Harrison probably could have coached a better game. Did you see Lewis get tackled by his own player? Priceless. I don't know why Mike Brown keeps Lewis around

Roller coaster ride with Lewis. I don't think he's a terrible coach, but I do think he has a tendency to lose his teams when the going gets a little tough. Bottom line I don't think Dalton's play last night was a result of poor coaching and the game go so out of hand because Dalton really was that bad last night. The only QB to have a worse QBR in recent memory is Eli Manning his rookie year were he nabbed a perfect zero and we've all seen the ups and downs of Eli Manning.

Archived