THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyer's best game.... And no TDs thrown

Comeonman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does actually throwing touchdowns matter even a fraction of a bit when you lead your team down field to score? i'd like to know how many QB's in this league can be as effective as hoyer with this receiving bunch, no star running backs, and this sub par line without mack (granted they did a decent to good job pass blocking tonight) .. i'd guess i can count them on one hand

There never was a controversy. Hoyer is in command of the offense. In fact I want Shanny to give him more leash. Offense looks so good when Hoyer brings em up early to the line and has time to look things over. There was a play even when I think HOyer had to call a TO cause the play that came in from the sideline was bullshit and he didn't want to run it cause he knew it wasn't going anywhere. He learned this under Brady. It's my hope that Manziel realizes some of this and opts to study under Hoyer for a couple years. It really is the best thing that he could do for his career. He goes somewhere else where they throw him in immediately cause of A) the team sucks and B) his name.........he's gonna be at the mercy of his offensive coordinator. If that OC is solved by a good opposing defense, Manziel is gonna look like crap. I hope he stays and learns how to "see" NFL defense's under Hoyer.

There never was a controversy. Hoyer is in command of the offense. In fact I want Shanny to give him more leash. Offense looks so good when Hoyer brings em up early to the line and has time to look things over. There was a play even when I think HOyer had to call a TO cause the play that came in from the sideline was bullshit and he didn't want to run it cause he knew it wasn't going anywhere. He learned this under Brady. It's my hope that Manziel realizes some of this and opts to study under Hoyer for a couple years. It really is the best thing that he could do for his career. He goes somewhere else where they throw him in immediately cause of A) the team sucks and B) his name.........he's gonna be at the mercy of his offensive coordinator. If that OC is solved by a good opposing defense, Manziel is gonna look like crap. I hope he stays and learns how to "see" NFL defense's under Hoyer.

hoyer is our QB for the next 10+ years.. idk if manziel is going to want to wait till he's in his mid 30's to get his chance to takeover as the starter.

Here's what got me..

As well as we ran the ball... Cinci was better prepared for our PlayAction than any team we've faced including JAX... yet the passing game worked.

Hoyer was sharp early and was throwing as crisply as he has all year.

Here's what got me..

As well as we ran the ball... Cinci was better prepared for our PlayAction than any team we've faced including JAX... yet the passing game worked.

Hoyer was sharp early and was throwing as crisply as he has all year.

You mean those laser beams into the wind?..... Ya, I agree

hoyer had his A game on tonite. his throws were placed perfectly (for the most part) and our so-called sucky WR/TE crew hauled in some passes that years ago with bigger names than theirs would never have even been touched.

kudos to the whole franchise from top to bottom.

this is something i'd buy stock into.

if the run game stays decent and our pass protection holds up atleast to how it did tonight, with cameron, gordon, and hawkins in there we're going to start hearing pro bowl attacked to hoyer's name. too bad he might be able to play in his first though, im sure peyton manning will send him a post card

how about McD?

man what a turnaround. another dollar menu choice from farmer?

For the most part, but he had his fair share of terrible plays. Hoyer was tacked twice trying to hand the ball off. One was on Greco as he pulled to early, but I believe the other was McDonald. I'll wait for Tour's analysis.

how about McD?

man what a turnaround. another dollar menu choice from farmer?

Gotta admit I'm curious... but I think we ran a lot fewer wide zones tonite... more middle, power stuff...

Otto Everette Graham Jr.

LOL... but the balls were a lot rounder then...

just saying 1000% better than last week correct?

I thought the same thing. Gotta give credit where its due. He may not have been perfect but he was a hell of a lot more improved. I mean, anything would have been better than last game but I was impressed that he was able to be a competent center.

The first decent thing ive heard on Mike& Mike

Hoyer is 9-3 starting for Browns

All other Qbs during that time....1-12

Same team...same players....why do people still not see it? The dude can play ball. Crisp, timely throws, no mistakes...can you frame it any clearer?

The line play was very good, but we have a couple of Farmer specials that both are quick and big enough to make yards through holes that barely exist. Any team would give up a #1 for either Crowell or West at this point in the season. Fresh legs all game long is a killer combination for a primarily running team like ours. It opens up everything in the passing game if they try to stack against it.

Nobody is talking about how Hoyer is the right QB for Cleveland because of the weather. He played in Cleveland in high school. He played in New England. His throws in that wind were GREAT! All these rookies look great in a dome or down south in the warm weather, but WHEN we DO go to the playoffs we are going to be playing in cold weather and maybe harsh conditions!! Hoyer is tempered for this fight!!!

What do you all think?

Go Browns!! Woof! Woof!!

The Browns have adjusted to the injuries, got their timing down again,

oline is in sync again, and Hoyer is just a genuine, very, very intelligent

qb on the field.

And Manziel is learning a hell of a lot from watching him make decisions.

This team is a TEAM, and this coaching staff rocks. Our GM is excellent.

What another great WIN !

0 TD passes. 0 INTs, 0 sacks, 0 fumbles, 15 completions, 11 for first downs (9 first downs rushing is very good, too). Converted good field position into TDs. No poor decisions in bad field position (when we got the ball on the CLE 2 late in the 3rd, we got out to the CLE 45 and punted, but that was a smart, important possession).

Nothing awesome, except Cleveland 24, Cincinnati 3. If you had Hoyer in fantasy, you're disappointed. But as far winning the damn game, as has been said, "a man's man."

The best Hoyer "stat" is 9-3 vs. 1-12 or 73-161.

The first decent thing ive heard on Mike& Mike

Hoyer is 9-3 starting for Browns

All other Qbs during that time....1-12

Same team...same players....why do people still not see it? The dude can play ball. Crisp, timely throws, no mistakes...can you frame it any clearer?

The same team thing is totally not the case. It flies for 2013, but not 2014.

Nobody is talking about how Hoyer is the right QB for Cleveland because of the weather. He played in Cleveland in high school. He played in New England. His throws in that wind were GREAT! All these rookies look great in a dome or down south in the warm weather, but WHEN we DO go to the playoffs we are going to be playing in cold weather and maybe harsh conditions!! Hoyer is tempered for this fight!!!

What do you all think?

First, I think your screen name is a hoot...

Good point about growing up in the tough, winter conditions. Looking at his Nov/ Dec games in his Jr and Sr years at MSU shows his completion % splits above and below his season averages, but his rating falls off some.

Probably the case with most QBs though...

i don't know how that missed block by greco with cincy's bull rusher coming through and tackling hoyer doesn't count as a sack, i guess it's the same theory that a stiff arm now is being called as a face mask penalty.

biggest stat for me: no receiver on the bengals had more than 30 yards total.

so much for the star WR theory hey walter?

shoulda coulda woulda.

btw where this cb williams come from?

btw where this cb williams come from?

The "Farmer Factory"...

Built upon the rubble of the Factory of Sadness...

Maybe we should trademark "Factory of Gladness"...

EDIT: http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kwaun-williams-1.html

hoyer is our QB for the next 10+ years.. idk if manziel is going to want to wait till he's in his mid 30's to get his chance to takeover as the starter.

We hope. They keep making excuses as to why there is no extension.

I even read an article yesterday that stated there are rumblings in the front office by personnel who want to see Manziel so they know what they have. REALLY??? I mean, Hoyer is playing balls to the wall, in control of an offense that has been piece mealed together due to injuries and suspensions, and is given the Browns the most stabilizing force they have had since Bernie, and yet .... they want to see Manziel? No extension talks? No love for the kid from Cleveland? Farmer just wants to ho-hum his way around the topic. Come on. Wake the fuck up. Is Brian exciting? Running around playing school yard ball? Does he play Hail Mary ball? No, no, and no. But he wins games and that's all that matters.

2 beat downs of division rivals in the SAME SEASON, one on the road ... for the first time since arguably the Canton Bulldog days ( Sorry, it just seems that long ), and they're dicking around at not showing Brian the love he deserves.

And I'm not saying he deserves 10 years, $150 million. I'm just saying commit to the guy. Name him the starter. Sign him to an extension. If Manziel pouts, get Jerry Jones on the phone, fleece him 1st round draft pick, and ship Johnny Fuckin' Football's ass to Cowtown.

Archived