THE BROWNS BOARD

Mini-Bye Blues... Who Ya Watchin'?

Tour2ma

is cam newton the biggest fruitcake diva QB or what?

guy throws a dismal interception and is smiling and laughing on the sidelines.

what a dick.

He looks messed up. His online is doing him no favors, but he's playing like he doesn't care. Looks like a statue, not even trying to make 2nd reads, not sensing pressure.

Idk what's going on but it's not the good cam Newton.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man. Newton got his ass kicked last night. 9 sacks. Looked like an old man out there.

There was a lot of talk and good info about how "running" QB's just aren't making it and lasting in the NFL.

Guys like Brady & Manning can go 15 years, while young guys like RGIII, Kaepernick and Newton are already looking old and broken.

Yup... Lone exception seems to be Wilson in SEA... and maybe KC's Smith. Wilson seems to have a firm grasp on the "better part of valor" concept.

Old Trent Dilfer was really ripping pre-game on CAR for their misuse and abuse of Newton.

i wouldn't categorize wilson as one a running QB. what i've seen of him in the pros is that he runs outside towards the sidelines and goes out of bounds as soon as someone is near him. i don't ever see him turn it up field and run between tacklers like rg3, cam and kaep have done.

i wouldn't categorize wilson as one a running QB. what i've seen of him in the pros is that he runs outside towards the sidelines and goes out of bounds as soon as someone is near him. i don't ever see him turn it up field and run between tacklers like rg3, cam and kaep have done.

Yeah. Wilson seems smart about how to use it. Unlike the other guys, It's not his plan. it's just the last option. Steve Young is another who survived because he was pocket first(and smart).

Wilson is interesting. I don't know if I'd classify him as a rushing QB, but he isn't a pocket QB either. He's had 3 games over 100+ yards rushing this year (WAS, STL, NYG). He always avoids hits when he does get past the line of scrimmage, most of the time getting out of bounds.

I suspect he does best out of the pocket because of his height it's easier to find throwing lanes and read the field that way.

Regardless, Wilson is a good QB. Not an elite type, but he's smart and can get the ball where it needs to be (Kinda like the guy we've been putting behind center, minus the rushing aspect).

500 yd rushing YTD including 3-100+ yd games say otherwise. You just watched his third...

Agree his preferred mode is slipping OB or sliding, that was my basis for singling him out. But I've seen him go head first when the situation demanded it... and his awareness of the situation is his difference from the Newtons and Smiths and Kaep's and...

While he predominantly runs to salvage pass plays against man defenses, I'd bet he averages at least one designed run per game.

Archived