THE BROWNS BOARD

Voter Turnout Lowest Since 1942

MLD Woody

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2014/11/06/voter-turnout-2014-elections/

"An estimated 37% of eligible voters cast a ballot in the 2014 midterm elections, which would be the lowest since 1942 if the projection holds."

It looks like no one seemed to care about these Midterms. The Republican domination in the polls makes more sense if you break down the demographics of those that voted and those that didn't bother. Not that it changes anything. It looks like a large portion of American is just tired of our clusterfuck govt.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was reading/hearing somewhere that in basically every two-term presidency, the last two years, the house and senate are owned by the opposition party. Seems like this was a foregone conclusion and nobody really cared.

I was reading/hearing somewhere that in basically every two-term presidency, the last two years, the house and senate are owned by the opposition party. Seems like this was a foregone conclusion and nobody really cared.

Probably. Its just interesting to me this was the lowest turnout in like 70 years.

You're so pissed off about the results and have to resort to "well nobody really cared"

What a fucking lame child you are.

I don't really care about the results. Nothing got done before and nothing will get done now. The whole system seems to be broken and needs to be reformed. Other than that, who my Senator is affects me way less than it probably should.

My opinion is, that a very large percentage, of those who wildly supported

buttock obamao and his phony persona when he first ran for president...

an outrageous percentage of those being black, and voting for him for being black....

have found out the truth, and stayed home, because they are liberal and

would never vote for the right person for office during the midterms.

And, midterms don't get the same degree of voting, maybe always.

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2014/11/06/voter-turnout-2014-elections/

"An estimated 37% of eligible voters cast a ballot in the 2014 midterm elections, which would be the lowest since 1942 if the projection holds."

It looks like no one seemed to care about these Midterms. The Republican domination in the polls makes more sense if you break down the demographics of those that voted and those that didn't bother. Not that it changes anything. It looks like a large portion of American is just tired of our clusterfuck govt.

they were democrats who could'nt see any reason to show up and vote for their loser party.

funny how the tables turned as most of you were howling in 2012 about the demise of the republican party.

funnier still is how it is the establishment republicans who THINK they are going at it with a newly found mandate

when It wasnt about the republicans - it was about saying NO to Obama hahah brought to you by your local tea party conservative no less...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/06/us/turnout-a-scapegoat-wasnt-always-the-difference-this-time.html?_r=0&abt=0002&abg=1

Voter apathy was pretty high. I know I stayed home here in WV. That isn't too discredit the midterm winners. Just that a lot of people, at least in my circle of friends/family, were turned off by the stupid attack ads. It seemed like neither candidate actually wanted to talk about what they would do just who they are not.

That said, Republicans need to do something beneficial with their lead and not focus on nonsense. Using your advantage to focus on social issues will be a giant waste of a usually short window of time.

I only voted because a dude that looked a lot like Elvis yielded to me in heavy traffic(even though he had right of way) with a big smile and wave of his hand (he had a gold ring on each of his fingers). For some reason, his wave seemed to swat away my apathy. Weird but true.

Archived