THE BROWNS BOARD

Net Neutrality

VaporTrail

Yeah that's a clusterfuck for the folks at Sony. As for the Comcast outrage, it doesn't really bother me. Oh maybe it's a tiny bit annoying that you have to opt out rather than opt in but I think grown ups should take a little responsibility once in awhile.

It's often our own fault if we get stuck with something though not always.

WSS

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that's a clusterfuck for the folks at Sony. As for the Comcast outrage, it doesn't really bother me. Oh maybe it's a tiny bit annoying that you have to opt out rather than opt in but I think grown ups should take a little responsibility once in awhile.

It's often our own fault if we get stuck with something though not always.

WSS

If you have Time Warner you may start ;) Comcast is known for its really bad customer service and is in talks to merge with Time Warner, many articles that I have found about this, have included how even if you do turn it off it seems to keep coming back on after a Firmware update, and trying to get help to turn if off from Comcast has been a hassle.....

If you have Time Warner you may start ;) Comcast is known for its really bad customer service and is in talks to merge with Time Warner, many articles that I have found about this, have included how even if you do turn it off it seems to keep coming back on after a Firmware update, and trying to get help to turn if off from Comcast has been a hassle.....

Well I have direct tv but Time Warner for the Internet. Hopefully AT&T will get off their ass and run fiber optic cable, since they have merged with or absorbed DIRECTV. I don't love AT&T either but...

WSS

Or know how to keep your stuff private\protected, instead of turning the clock back to the 70's/80's.

Of course that's what all the complaining is about. Everyones mad that they might have to look out for themselves. + in the seventies and eighties I can't imagine it wasn't easier to find somebodys pin number or whatever.

WSS

Of course that's what all the complaining is about. Everyones mad that they might have to look out for themselves. + in the seventies and eighties I can't imagine it wasn't easier to find somebodys pin number or whatever.

WSS

honestly if Comcast would say something like hey we will give you couple dollars($2 probably be enough) off your bill monthly if you let us set this up, there would be very few complaints.

Its probably about the same, while your info is in more places today it is also more encrypted\protected than ever before, the problem is that there are people looking for chinks in the armor and usually its because of End User error(not using hard to guess passwords, leaving a device\pc unlocked and\or unmonitored, not changing default settings, downloading something they shouldn't be), before the internet there were still people doing the same thing, but obviously they would have used different methods/scams.

Archived