THE BROWNS BOARD

My NFL bets in Vegas, and why the Steelers Suck

jrb12711

Hello friends,

As you may have seen in passing here, I'm a soon to be 25 year old lovestruck man set to marry the love of my life. With that being said, this past weekend was the bachelor party in Vegas. We stayed at the Monte Carlo and after catching up on some sleep hit the town. Unfortunately we got in Friday so I couldn't drop some cash on the Brownies, but I was all set to make some money on college and pro games. Things go really well Friday night-my future father-in-law is VERY wealthy and we're cashing in at the craps table. I'm up a good amount and he's just rolling in the dough.

Here comes Saturday and not feeling great about most games the only big money I put down is on our Buckeyes to whip MSU. The line was OSU +3 1/2, so I flaunted my way to the cashier to rake in my prize. I'm having a great time, yelling O-H to all the Buckeyes that repped in Vegas which was tons.

Here comes Sunday. I'm working on a two day bender and get a bloody mary in the sports book. I grab a parlay card and look at the board for the straight up bets I'm going to make. I tell my soon to be wife I'll put $50 on the Dolphins (lost) but other than that I'm not seeing any straight ups to take. Then there it is. The Steelers, -4 against the woeful New York Jets. Could it be? White hot Big Ben against a crappy team and less than a TD? Mind you, I'm already feeling cocky currently leading our boards pro pick-em. I tell my brother I'm going for a home run and put about 70% of my winnings down on the Steelers, straight up. I hated it mind you but in my mind this was a sure thing. I also pick the Steelers -4 on my 11 pick parlay card.

We're watching the games in passing and I see the Steelers down early. No problem I tell myself. Cut to the end of the story we all know with those bastards losing. Looking over the scores after the Packers game, it hits me to look at my 11 pick parlay card. For those of you who don't know, parlay cards are where you pick a certain amount games, usually up to 11, on the same card. You have to get all the games right in order to win, but the odds are crazy if you do. If you get 11 games right, the payout is 1100 to 1. Of course as you might imagine, the odds of doing that are very, very low. I always put $2 on of those cards though just for fun.

Cut back to my story. I look down and my gut sinks lower and lower. I start checking each right call off, and realize I'm 10 for 11. The one I got wrong you might ask? The Pittsburgh God Damn Steelers. That group of jerks cost me $2,200. The moral of story? I choose to believe my arrogance to bet so heavily on the Steelers put the Browns in first place. I also will never put a dime on that crappy team ever again!

That really sucks big time. The $2200.00 would have probably paid for the whole trip for all of you. As noted in the Pro Pick'em which I just joined this week I missed on just 2 games.....The Steelers, and the Saints. But I had no money riding on it, so I didn't mind losing that one.

Well, I have a suggestion as to how the Steelers can make it up to you: they can lose all the rest of their games this year. If they are going to let the shitty Jets beat them, then they can let every other shitty team beat them.

That really sucks big time. The $2200.00 would have probably paid for the whole trip for all of you. As noted in the Pro Pick'em which I just joined this week I missed on just 2 games.....The Steelers, and the Saints. But I had no money riding on it, so I didn't mind losing that one.

Well, I have a suggestion as to how the Steelers can make it up to you: they can lose all the rest of their games this year. If they are going to let the shitty Jets beat them, then they can let every other shitty team beat them.

The way I see it is you can't cry over spilled milk. If you go to a place like Vegas and play the what if game you'll pull your hair out haha. I just thought it was pretty funny how the Steelers were the ones who boned me.

Following the karma though if I lived closer I'd be betting on the Steelers every week just to see them lose (at less money of course).

Her old man is rich... and we're supposed to feel sorry for you? ;)

Sounded like he was gloating so much. I don't believe it,really.

Sounded like he was gloating so much. I don't believe it,really.

Yeah, because writing about how I lost all the money I made in Vegas is gloating. I'm not quite sure you understand what that word means. Why would I even lie about having a rich father in law? What would that possibly bring me? Hell sometimes I don't even like it sometimes, the wealthy culture and I are on opposite spectrums of personality. I swear some people on this board are so depressing.

Anyway, back to the point: Steelers suck, and if you're a Browns fan who wants to win money on them you're a jackass like me.

Archived