THE BROWNS BOARD

Say Congress.....got a minute?

htownbrown

Of course I would support those presidential powers if and when there is a president worthy of them.

And I don't discount the possibility that Obama's advisers might prompt him to do the right thing at some point and then I would not want Congress to slow or halt that decision whatever it may be.

As much as I dislike the Obama administration I also feel that the opposition does take the knee-jerk reaction too far sometimes.

WSS

I have grown skeptical of having a president worthy of those powers. And there is a lot of wisdom in giving Congress and not the executive branch war making powers.

This editorial by Rand Paul is not knee jerk in the least. And where Obama or people in his administration have chosen to insert themselves, especially in the middle east, the results have been disasterous.

I have grown skeptical of having a president worthy of those powers. And there is a lot of wisdom in giving Congress and not the executive branch war making powers.

This editorial by Rand Paul is not knee jerk in the least. And where Obama or people in his administration have chosen to insert themselves, especially in the middle east, the results have been disasterous.

If you give congress the powers, nothing will get done. Even on something like this where, judging by the comments from the conservative types where, there was widespread support, nothing has been agreed.

The constitution (I know, who follows it) very clearly gives war making power to Congress - and not the President. And the "get's stuff done" or "doesn't get stuff done" is a non sequitor to me.

Stuff I want to see done - Repeal of ACA

Repeal of 16th and 17th amendments

Repeal act that set House representation at 435 members, no matter the size of the population.

i could go on...

The constitution (I know, who follows it) very clearly gives war making power to Congress - and not the President. And the "get's stuff done" or "doesn't get stuff done" is a non sequitor to me.

Stuff I want to see done - Repeal of ACA

Repeal of 16th and 17th amendments

Repeal act that set House representation at 435 members, no matter the size of the population.

i could go on...

Agreed. 2 more words for ya:

TERM. LIMITS.

If you give congress the powers, nothing will get done. Even on something like this where, judging by the comments from the conservative types where, there was widespread support, nothing has been agreed.

Dude, your government is ran by a bunch of fuckin blokes who still wear powered wigs and an 89 year old woman in a fucking flower hat.

101652.jpg

Dude, your government is ran by a bunch of fuckin blokes who still wear powered wigs and an 89 year old woman in a fucking flower hat.

101652.jpg

Well, 1 - they don't wear wigs; 2 - the queen has no input.

And still, they get a lot more done than the US government.

Archived