THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 Draft

darren15

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lines win FB. Another O lineman for a run oriented O because we all now know major injury can happen in an otherwise thin priority area for this kind of O. But it's still too early to make those kinds of decisions since it appears the D is starting to really jell at the moment.

Cap is projected to exceed 140 million

As of right now the Browns will have 105.3 Million on the books at the start of the offseason.

Honestly unless Desmond Bryant picks his game up (currently rated in the bottom 3rd of 3-4 DE) I can see his cap friendly deal being cut (freeing up $4 million)

Ben Tate could free up $2.95 million if he doesn't outperform West and Crowell

The draft could be a big spot to replace some cap casualties

Cap is projected to exceed 140 million

As of right now the Browns will have 105.3 Million on the books at the start of the offseason.

Honestly unless Desmond Bryant picks his game up (currently rated in the bottom 3rd of 3-4 DE) I can see his cap friendly deal being cut (freeing up $4 million)

Ben Tate could free up $2.95 million if he doesn't outperform West and Crowell

The draft could be a big spot to replace some cap casualties

Desmond Bryant is a good point. Neither he nor Rubin have really outshone the other guys like Winn, A. Bryant, Kitchen or Hughes, who are all on much friendlier deals.

I've said a few times before, a big time D-Linemen would be great for this system.

Lombardi did a great job of structuring Bryant and Kruger's deals. They have no longer have any dead money after this current year

Phil Taylor is another one who could free up $5 to 6 million

However if Robin and/or D. Bryant go they may as well keep Phil for at least the one year he has left

They just picked up Taylor's option for next year, so I guess he's staying. And probably after that, as well. But a big disrupter, like a JJ Watt from the 3-4 DE, would be a massive boost to this D.

Also, let's not talk about drafting RBs, we already have too many!

It's gotta be focused on the front 7 defensively. I would be completely happy if they chose from the BPA between DE, OLB, and DT in no particular order with both first round picks. Mingo played better Thursday but he's shown nothing more than being a situational player in this league. Rubin can easily be gone next year and this has proven to be our weakest link this season. Lock up Gipson and get two defensive playmakers, sounds like a damn good plan to me.

Uber-pointless thread...

$ on the books is meaningless without noting the cap. Plus we have a couple FA's to consider...

Draft this, that or the other? But where? List all the blue chippers you want, but we aren't headed towards a top 20 at the moment.

Just as an fyi, If the draft was today, we'd be picking at 15(Buff) & 23(Browns)...

And Im still expecting Buff to slide and finish close to .500. So, by the time it's all said and done, Ill be planning on a late 20's pick and a mid teens pick

If they finish at .500, they'll be around 15th anyway.

Be it FA or draft we need someone who starts straight away and gets to the opposition QB

Thats where Im at. If we go DL, then it better be early and a big time player. With the depth we currently have on the line, Im thinking DL in the mid to later rounds will just be more of the same. Solid(good) players, but no dominant ones.

That will be the hard part for Farmer this next off season and draft. Last years team was riddled with sub par players, so it wasn't too hard to upgrade at a lot of positions.

This year, however, the talent is deeper. So it will take BETTER talent to upgrade. I wouldn't be surprised to see Farmer go for a proven FA for DL, just to get immediate help there.

Except that the runner had already made like a 10 yard gain on the play. It would have been more impressive if made at the line of scrimmage.

I was thinking the same thing. D'Qwell Jackson with some Brock Lesnar tackling...

Archived