THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 Draft

darren15

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BPA.

Otherwise I'd prioritize OLB, DL, ILB, TE, ROG in that order

Our D-Line was supposed to be our strength, and its ended up being our weakness and our Outside Linebackers seem to have no concept of edge containment.

I could not disagree more on your assessment of our OLB'ers edge containment. Well at least not from Sheard and Kruger. At the beginning of the season those guys setup military checkpoints they were bossing the edge so hard. Seriously everything ran inside. EVERYTHING. About 6 games in when our staff realized that, for whatever reason ( my suspicion is our ILB'ers suck), we couldn't stop the run and asked the OLB'ers to pinch in and help. Well when that happens eventually someone's gonna bounce it. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing another good OLB'er come to Cleveland...like maybe getting Houston in FA, but to prioritize it in the draft is absurd unless there's another Clowney or Mack in the draft. .

I'd say trade down, gather even more picks and then take the PBA all the way through. We are a very good young team, we need to keep building, that's what's going to make us great.

Except that the runner had already made like a 10 yard gain on the play. It would have been more impressive if made at the line of scrimmage.

His depth on that play was part of the call, that's where he was supposed to be you can tell. As form as that tackle was it's not his best hit, it just looked flashy. He makes "plenty" of tackles at the line of scrimmage or behind. He's a pure form tackler. He's got better fundamentals right now than a lot of NFL players, including some on the Browns. He's a beast. Yes I would love to see him in a Browns Uni. My dream draft would be for him and Bosa to drop to the mid 1st round where it's likely our two picks will be....unfortunately we may have other higher priorities than Bosa but I really do hope we take a hard look at getting a stud ILB'er in the draft. If it's Perryman than I'm fine with that. Dude runs a high 4.4 I think, and is built like a brick shithouse.

I'd say trade down, gather even more picks and then take the PBA all the way through. We are a very good young team, we need to keep building, that's what's going to make us great.

No more trading down. I'm sick of passing on the Watt's, Mack's, Jones, Watkins, Mathews, for the Gilberts, Taylors, and Weedens of the world

Just as an fyi, If the draft was today, we'd be picking at 15(Buff) & 23(Browns)...

And Im still expecting Buff to slide and finish close to .500. So, by the time it's all said and done, Ill be planning on a late 20's pick and a mid teens pick

I can see why you might think that Buff will slide. Stand at 5-4 now with these games remaining...

11 Nov 13 8:25PMEST , AT Dolphins

12 Nov 23 1:00PMEST * Jets

13 Nov 30 1:00PMEST * Browns

14 Dec 7 4:05PMEST * AT Broncos

15 Dec 14 1:00PMEST ) Packers

16 Dec 21 4:25PMEST * AT Raiders

17 Dec 28 1:00PMEST * AT Patriots

Should beat Jets and Raiders. Pats might not have anything at stake in season finale. So only need one win out of the Fins, us, DNV and GB to finish 2 games over...

This Sunday at MIA should be interesting...

I can see why you might think that Buff will slide. Stand at 5-4 now with these games remaining...

11 Nov 13 8:25PMEST , AT Dolphins

12 Nov 23 1:00PMEST * Jets

13 Nov 30 1:00PMEST * Browns

14 Dec 7 4:05PMEST * AT Broncos

15 Dec 14 1:00PMEST ) Packers

16 Dec 21 4:25PMEST * AT Raiders

17 Dec 28 1:00PMEST * AT Patriots

Should beat Jets and Raiders. Pats might not have anything at stake in season finale. So only need one win out of the Fins, us, DNV and GB to finish 2 games over...

This Sunday at MIA should be interesting...

Yep. I only have them winning 2 or 3 more. So, hoping for 7-9 or 8-8. Should be a great game with Mia.....goooo fins!

that's tonite on NFL network and it will be very interesting.

lol... bad enough that I've seen the promo for the game a dozen times, but I posted the damn schedule... :wacko:

His depth on that play was part of the call, that's where he was supposed to be you can tell. As form as that tackle was it's not his best hit, it just looked flashy. He makes "plenty" of tackles at the line of scrimmage or behind. He's a pure form tackler. He's got better fundamentals right now than a lot of NFL players, including some on the Browns. He's a beast. Yes I would love to see him in a Browns Uni. My dream draft would be for him and Bosa to drop to the mid 1st round where it's likely our two picks will be....unfortunately we may have other higher priorities than Bosa but I really do hope we take a hard look at getting a stud ILB'er in the draft. If it's Perryman than I'm fine with that. Dude runs a high 4.4 I think, and is built like a brick shithouse.

That would be sweet to have both of them.

A couple of names that I keep on seeing in mock drafts is Kevin White, WR from West Virginia and Devin Fuchess, TE from Michigan. Honestly I only see us going after one of them if we don't resign Cameron in the off-season in which case I see us going for Fuchess.

I predict DL as the other 1st round pick for us depending on if Sheard stays or goes. Probably goes since it seems like he hasn't played much this year.

our D backfield is one of our strengths now with plenty of depth. both lines need some additions (can't let one player's injury downgrade the whole shebang). LB for sure and yes a WR even though the mix match bag of guys farmer put together have done admirably.

I just want an enforcer in the middle, here are the top 10 hits of Denzel Perryman's career.

He's projected as a late 1st rounder to early 2nd rounder and is a complete run stuffer/play maker. He's Chris Borland but way better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NZbhgf33sg

Borland is beasting for the 9'ers...dude just had like what, 20 tackles in one game? I wanted Clev to take either him or Bullough...I think either one of those guys would have been a better compliment to Dansby. Both went 2nd round too. I think Borland was a sleeper hit for the 9'ers

Hell, package picks and move up to get Randy Gregory. The way he's moved around in the Nebraska defense would be perfect for Pettine to utilize. I'm drooling just thinking about him lighting up Flacco, Ginger, and Rapist.

Calm down - you don't even know if Dalton will still be there next season ;)

What LB position does Perryman play? I Googled him and everything just said LB, no mention of ILB or OLB, I'm guessing he is ILB though. With the way that Dansby and Kirksey have played so far this year I don't think we would spend a 1st rounder on an ILB.

I see DL as one of the picks and RT as another.

What LB position does Perryman play? I Googled him and everything just said LB, no mention of ILB or OLB, I'm guessing he is ILB though. With the way that Dansby and Kirksey have played so far this year I don't think we would spend a 1st rounder on an ILB.

I see DL as one of the picks and RT as another.

I'm inclined to agree. Dansby's playing well, and Kirksey has looked good while also forcing robertson to step up. Both should only be better next year.

I can see Farmer/Pettine being 'build from the lines' guys, especially with the QB situation under control, and CBs sorted for the next year (assuming they give Gilbert that time)

Archived