THE BROWNS BOARD

firearm question

The Cysko Kid

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a store around Cleveland called Fin Feather and Fur. They sell a wide variety of handguns. And the prices are almost always the lowest. They also buy and sell used guns.

http://www.finfeatherfuroutfitters.com/

There is a store around Cleveland called Fin Feather and Fur. They sell a wide variety of handguns. And the prices are almost always the lowest. They also buy and sell used guns.

http://www.finfeatherfuroutfitters.com/

Thats not to far from where I live. Going to have to go and check it out.

Cysko - you're a vet correct? Still have a DOD card? Pretty sure you can get any of th 9mm Glocks for $398. Google the Glock "LE" or "Blue Label " program. $150-200 off regular price depending on the model. Sig sauer and smith&wesson have similar programs.

If you're carrying (as large as you are) you should have no trouble conceal carrying a Glock 19. Top 3 reliable weapon IMO. Reliability is paramount IMO for a self defense handgun. If you're getting something for your wife:

1) let her pick it out/ try it out

2) Glock 42 is a great tiny gun in .380acp for the wife. Not my ideal self defense caliber, but better than nothing. (Made in USA too)

Echoing what logic said, stay away from the hi-point. Even if it's just for plinking paper. You'll have more enjoyable trips to the range/back yard if you're not clearing jams 50% of the time.

Yeah I was honorably discharged in 09 After 7 years so I probably don't qualify

Right on. Thanks for your time in.

I'd even look at used Glock's. If you're comfortable enough with checking for slide wear, and internals (striker pin, trigger assy, etc) a used Gen 3 19 is hard to beat. I would. Most "used" handguns have less than 5000 rounds through them unless they're police trade ins. Even those are still worth a look.

Check out this little beauty of a concealed carry .380 made by taurus. It's not quite out yet so no msrp but I'm highly interested in it

Taurus-Curve-180CRV-0.jpg

It's definitely intriguing. MSRP around $390 from what I'm reading. Dealer/retail probably 300ish. I'm interested in

A.) performance/reliability

B.) a lefty version

Lighter, small grip...

bigger kick? Although, you're a bigger guy, Cysko,

I'm fine with our CTX-1 - but my Wife thinks it kicks a bit

too much...

The smaller the gun....?

Check out this little beauty of a concealed carry .380 made by taurus. It's not quite out yet so no msrp but I'm highly interested in it

Taurus-Curve-180CRV-0.jpg

That's one of the ugliest guns I have ever seen

MATTEL FANNER 50 SHOOTIN' SHELL CAP GUN COMMERCIAL:

I had one of these many years ago.

WSS

Every kid had one of these in the sixties. Remember them little balls you would throw at the ground and they would explode? I forgot what they called them. Also mosquito chasers, sparklers, etc.

Every kid had one of these in the sixties. Remember them little balls you would throw at the ground and they would explode? I forgot what they called them. Also mosquito chasers, sparklers, etc.

We call those things cracker balls. I lived in Texas for a short time and remember the chasers were called something other than mosquito.....

Also M80s and cherry bombs before they god outlawed.

you could reuse the bullets with the Mattel pistol and they used greenie stickem caps.

WSS

Archived