THE BROWNS BOARD

Respect from a Ravens Fan

Dade

Just wanted to drop by and show some respect for the Browns. That team has really turned around and is no longer an easy win. Hoyer is a solid QB and the Browns must resign him. I've never hated the Browns (I save my hatred for the Steelers), just was indifferent towards them. I will say your fan base as remained loyal throughout the years and are finally being rewarded with a meaningful season. I really am happy for ya'll. Come playoff time, if the Ravens are out of it, I'll probably pulled for the Browns. The way things are going our Week 17 matchup might be for the division or a wildcard spot.

Good luck the rest of the way and GO RAVENS!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to drop by and show some respect for the Browns. That team has really turned around and is no longer an easy win. Hoyer is a solid QB and the Browns must resign him. I've never hated the Browns (I save my hatred for the Steelers), just was indifferent towards them. I will say your fan base as remained loyal throughout the years and are finally being rewarded with a meaningful season. I really am happy for ya'll. Come playoff time, if the Ravens are out of it, I'll probably pulled for the Browns. The way things are going our Week 17 matchup might be for the division or a wildcard spot.

Hey, he comes in peace, Modell is dead-so don't go giving the guy grief.

Yeah- it would be very hard for me to root for the Ravens regardless- but really- blasting every new opposing team poster that shows up is sort of on the immature side.

My rule has always been, act respectable, get treated respectable, not F-U you're the enemy. .

Since I'm new to the game, my strength of hatred towards the Ravens isn't so great. Steelers, I can't stand, but the Ravens I always see as like the bastard step-child or something.

And in general, I'd want to see the AFCN well represented. this year, when all teams are above .600 (let alone .500), people are saying it's just because it's a weak division, playing weaker divisions. The further AFCN teams go, the more credit we get for winning the division.

Although we have had a few Raven fans come to this board who were dickhead trolls, As Hoorta said, you seem to have come in peace. Good luck to your team the rest of the way (except when playing my Browns). I really believe the division is going to come down to the Browns vs. Ravens game.

That respect means so much coming from a fan that supports a stolen team.

Yeah, we've been an "easy win" for you for you for so long since last year when we pounded you 24-16 with Jason Fucking Campbell.

That loss kept you out of the playoffs, Peckerwood, good luck trying to keep us out this year.

Zombo

Screw the Rat Birds. I will never forget the day of Modell standing at the airport with the Dickhead governor of Maryland announcing the move. And the clown fans yelling 'Baltimore Browns' in the background. I also remember them rubbing salt in the would any chance they got afterwards. So fuck em.

I dont get the whole "respect from another team" post thing. Who does that? For perspective....

.....imagine me showing up at your house with your ex girlfriend(whom I stole from you) all snuggled up under my arm, and then me congratulating you on your new girlfriend and how cute she is getting (now that she's lost some weight)....

nice

I dont get the whole "respect from another team" post thing. Who does that? For perspective....

.....imagine me showing up at your house with your ex girlfriend(whom I stole from you) all snuggled up under my arm, and then me congratulating you on your new girlfriend and how cute she is getting (now that she's lost some weigh)....

nice

LOL

.....imagine me showing up at your house with your ex girlfriend(whom I stole from you) all snuggled up under my arm, and then me congratulating you on your new girlfriend and how cute she is getting (now that she's lost some weight)....

nice

POST of the MONTH!!!!!

I am not going to bust this kids balls. I venture to say that he was probably not a sentient human being when the whole "move" thing happened. It has been almost 20 years ago and I suggest this poster is probably in his early 20s at best.

Odd to think that there are a generation of Ravens fans (and Browns fans) that don't remember that whole ordeal.

To them, the "Browns to Baltimore" fiasco is as ancient history perhaps as the "Cleveland Rams to LA" move is to many of us.

That said, Brian Billick was on Mike and Mike this morning and (admitting his personal bias) said that he thought the Ravens were the most complete team in the AFCN....but that the division could come down to that final game between the Browns and Ravens.

Not sure I necessarily agree that Ravens are most complete team. A position by position comparison must be made.

I still hate the scum that took our team, but it's old news now.

Met some fine folks who are ratbird fans, and every one of them

HATES the steelers and steeler fans nearly as much as we do.....

So we have a common bond, a bit. Dade is fine by me.

I have no respect for anything from Baltimore except for the TV show the Wire.

Everything else is a bag of burden

My nephew lives in Baltimore and works in the transplant unit of John Hopkins Hospital......so there is something besides the Wire in B-more to have respect for.

And besides that there was Homicide: Life on the Streets.

Plus one of the schools my kid is applying to is John Hopkins Univ. grad school. (one of three or 4 best in the nation in his field).

Plus, to be honest, Fort McHenry is one of the top 3 most patriotic sites in America to visit.

No, Baltimore itself is OK, it was just Modell and the doucebags from Baltimore that bribed him to move there that we should have animosity for.

nice

Add another plus here.

Somehow l can't get down on the city of Baltimore though. I was around for the move, l remember the sting, and the "who do l root for now?" thing.

It all sucked most heinously.

I don't consider it a perfect football weekend unless the Browns win, and Pittsburg, Cincy, and Denver lose. That's where l'm coming from. Baltimore doesn't get my ire because of the acts of a few people.

But if l fucking hear "old Browns vs. new Browns" one more time...

Add another plus here.

Somehow l can't get down on the city of Baltimore though. I was around for the move, l remember the sting, and the "who do l root for now?" thing.

It all sucked most heinously.

I don't consider it a perfect football weekend unless the Browns win, and Pittsburg, Cincy, and Denver lose. That's where l'm coming from. Baltimore doesn't get my ire because of the acts of a few people.

But if l fucking hear "old Browns vs. new Browns" one more time...

There is no such thing. If anyone says the Ravens are 'the old Browns" hit them upside the head with a mace, or taser their balls. The Browns have always been the Browns. The Ravens were a new franchise that started in 1996. They were an expansion franchise. The Browns franchise merely went inactive for a period. It was never suspended. It took part in all NFL activities....except on field games....until a new owner and setup for it could be had.

A few assets were transferred from the Browns franchise to the Ravens franchise. Mainly some player contracts...and draft choices. Ownership wasn't even the same. Modell was 52% owner of the Browns....I believe he became 100% owner of the Ravens (though he did have to compensate Gries and Lerner for their shares).

I know that the OP isn't debating that....so, like I said, I will not crush his testicles for that.

There is no such thing. If anyone says the Ravens are 'the old Browns" hit them upside the head with a mace, or taser their balls. The Browns have always been the Browns. The Ravens were a new franchise that started in 1996. They were an expansion franchise. The Browns franchise merely went inactive for a period. It was never suspended. It took part in all NFL activities....except on field games....until a new owner and setup for it could be had.

A few assets were transferred from the Browns franchise to the Ravens franchise. Mainly some player contracts...and draft choices. Ownership wasn't even the same. Modell was 52% owner of the Browns....I believe he became 100% owner of the Ravens (though he did have to compensate Gries and Lerner for their shares).

I know that the OP isn't debating that....so, like I said, I will not crush his testicles for that.

Cool, thanks Gip! I did catch some of that in an earlier thread you had written, but honestly didn't know much about the ins and outs of the transaction before l read that. It was kind of a head nodding moment for me. We never left!!

I generally wish the Bengals and Ravens were not in the AFCN division. Particularly the Ravens. I'd like to see the AFCN division be these four teams instead:

Browns

Steelers

Bills

Colts

That being said, it also creates more heated division rivalries...so pounding the shit out of the Ravens and Bengals year after year will be that much more fun.

That respect means so much coming from a fan that supports a stolen team.

Yeah, we've been an "easy win" for you for you for so long since last year when we pounded you 24-16 with Jason Fucking Campbell.

That loss kept you out of the playoffs, Peckerwood, good luck trying to keep us out this year.

Zombo

See, that's just uncalled for. Can't change what happened by being bitter about it.

I am not going to bust this kids balls. I venture to say that he was probably not a sentient human being when the whole "move" thing happened. It has been almost 20 years ago and I suggest this poster is probably in his early 20s at best.

Odd to think that there are a generation of Ravens fans (and Browns fans) that don't remember that whole ordeal.

To them, the "Browns to Baltimore" fiasco is as ancient history perhaps as the "Cleveland Rams to LA" move is to many of us.

That said, Brian Billick was on Mike and Mike this morning and (admitting his personal bias) said that he thought the Ravens were the most complete team in the AFCN....but that the division could come down to that final game between the Browns and Ravens.

Not sure I necessarily agree that Ravens are most complete team. A position by position comparison must be made.

Before losing Smith they had a case for most complete, but once Gordon is back the Browns have a much bigger case for that title.

See, that's just uncalled for. Can't change what happened by being bitter about it.

Can't ever let you feel OK about it either.

Taking it to the grave.

Your city is one big massive whore.

Zombo

Can't ever let you feel OK about it either.

Taking it to the grave.

Your city is one big massive whore.

Zombo

That's unjust prejudice. Some people wronged your city therefore everyone from that city is to be scorned?

Maryland officials and others were guilty of stealing your team...most of us were just guilty of being happy we were getting a team, albeit at Cleveland's expense. In the end it worked out that the Browns kept everything except players and some management, which is by far the fairest shake a city losing its team has ever gotten. It's never going to be made right, but taking it out on people who aren't responsible isn't necessary.

My nephew lives in Baltimore and works in the transplant unit of John Hopkins Hospital......so there is something besides the Wire in B-more to have respect for.

And besides that there was Homicide: Life on the Streets.

Plus one of the schools my kid is applying to is John Hopkins Univ. grad school. (one of three or 4 best in the nation in his field).

Plus, to be honest, Fort McHenry is one of the top 3 most patriotic sites in America to visit.

No, Baltimore itself is OK, it was just Modell and the doucebags from Baltimore that bribed him to move there that we should have animosity for.

See this I completely agree with.

nice

Except we didn't take your team, just some of the players and management. We didn't take "The Browns."

Archived