THE BROWNS BOARD

Respect from a Ravens Fan

Dade

most of us were just guilty of being happy we were getting a team, albeit at Cleveland's expense.

"Ya I feel guilty that Dad stole everything that guy had, but we really enjoyed the stuff. And after three years of being out of business and 15 years of struggling, that guy is doing alright now, so no harm done."

which is by far the fairest shake a city losing its team has ever gotten. It's never going to be made right, but taking it out on people who aren't responsible isn't necessary.

It is never going to be right. So as long as you enjoy that team, if you step in here you're going to hear about it.

It could be worse, we could be giving you a hard time for Ray Lewis whisking away the killers in a double homocide and then lying about it ... or Ray Rice cold cocking his wife in an elevator and then dragging her motionless body long enough to qualify for his longest carry of the year ... but we're not, I'm just bringing up two things you need to come to terms with:

1. Your city stole our team and you derive pleasure from it.

2. We bitchslapped your asses last year with Campbell at QB, so don't come in here and tell us we aren't an easy win anymore.

Zombo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except we didn't take your team, just some of the players and management. We didn't take "The Browns."

All of the players. All of the management. You even took the draft picks we earned to take Ogden and Lewis, your two Hall of Famers.

Blood on your hands.

Zombo

We were out of football for three years because of the filth going on in your

stinkin city.

You were doing good when I was being cordial.

Now you suck, only because you are quibbling over something that is

not to be qubbled over. It will never ...be ....over.

Except we didn't take your team, just some of the players and management. We didn't take "The Browns."

News flash. Players and management make up "the team". 53 empty uniforms and a logo do NOT make a team!

You might not have taken "the browns". But you took all "the browns players" and all "the browns coaches".

Thats enough for me. If fans in ANY city should understand the pain of our team moving, it should have been the Baltimore fans. But instead, they gloated and danced on our teams grave. So I say fuck you all. Enjoy your team. See you week 17.

See, that's just uncalled for. Can't change what happened by being bitter about it.

I don't think he is contemplating trying to change it. But, yes, he can be bitter about it, if he chooses. And you will have to bear the brunt of that bitterness....whether you choose to or not.

I don't think he is contemplating trying to change it. But, yes, he can be bitter about it, if he chooses. And you will have to bear the brunt of that bitterness....whether you choose to or not.

Didn't say he can't be bitter if you read my post. But meeting someone coming in with politeness with rudeness isn't necessary.

All of the players. All of the management. You even took the draft picks we earned to take Ogden and Lewis, your two Hall of Famers.

Blood on your hands.

Zombo

Actually Z.....Bill Belichick and his coaching staff didn't go to Baltimore. And the only real management guy that went there was Kevin Byrne, Modell's paid mouthpiece. (actually, I think he is still there). Though, maybe if you include Ozzie that was the best asset they took. He was responsible for the choice of Ogden and Lewis.

Actually Z.....Bill Belichick and his coaching staff didn't go to Baltimore. And the only real management guy that went there was Kevin Byrne, Modell's paid mouthpiece. (actually, I think he is still there). Though, maybe if you include Ozzie that was the best asset they took. He was responsible for the choice of Ogden and Lewis.

Yes Byrne is still with Baltimore. And I don't think anyone aside from 2 minor players from that team ended up being on the roster in 2000 when we won the Super Bowl. Yes we did get Ozzie and that was huge. But to be bitter about taking the team to me isn't correctly expressed anger because we really didn't take "The Browns" we took players and staff and they eventually became starting and cornerstone pieces for a new franchise while the Browns deactivated for several years.

So it'd be more correct to say "I still hold anger towards Baltimore because they stole Ozzie and important pieces that contributes towards Super Bowl wins for them."

News flash. Players and management make up "the team". 53 empty uniforms and a logo do NOT make a team!

You might not have taken "the browns". But you took all "the browns players" and all "the browns coaches".

I disagree. Only about half that number of players actually had contracts assigned to the Ravens. And the coaches here didn't go at all.

To me, the most important part of a team are its history and its fans. We didn't lose those.

The rest: players/coaches/even owners are fungible. When the Ravens won their title in 2000....only like 2-3 players that were assigned to them from the Browns roster were still with that team. And one was kicker Matt Stover. And they were already on what, their 2d/3rd coach with Billick?

AND they WERE on a new beneficial owner. Modell may have been titular owner then, but Biscotti was the real owner after he contracted to buy at first a minority interest in the team...and held an option for the rest of it.

Thats enough for me. If fans in ANY city should understand the pain of our team moving, it should have been the Baltimore fans. But instead, they gloated and danced on our teams grave. So I say fuck you all. Enjoy your team. See you week 17.

Blood on your hands.

Zombo

Again, we didn't take ALL of the management.

You can be bitter about it all you want, but to just flat out rude to us because we root for that team isn't necessary.

Didn't say he can't be bitter if you read my post. But meeting someone coming in with politeness with rudeness isn't necessary.

Sorry, but you are not the one that gets to determine what is necessary and what isn't. Besides, even if it isn't necessary, Zombo may feel it in desirable.

"Ya I feel guilty that Dad stole everything that guy had, but we really enjoyed the stuff. And after three years of being out of business and 15 years of struggling, that guy is doing alright now, so no harm done."

That's not a good analogy as my relationship to the Maryland officials wasn't close to a father/son relationship and we didn't steal everything, we left the name and history, and no one is saying "no harm done" rather "Wasn't my fault, I feel bad but it's 20 years later and now the Browns are starting to come back into being competitive. It's actually a big compliment because the Browns and the city of Cleveland have overcome much adversity to make it this far.

It is never going to be right. So as long as you enjoy that team, if you step in here you're going to hear about it.

It could be worse, we could be giving you a hard time for Ray Lewis whisking away the killers in a double homocide and then lying about it ... or Ray Rice cold cocking his wife in an elevator and then dragging her motionless body long enough to qualify for his longest carry of the year ... but we're not, I'm just bringing up two things you need to come to terms with:

1. Your city stole our team and you derive pleasure from it.

2. We bitchslapped your asses last year with Campbell at QB, so don't come in here and tell us we aren't an easy win anymore.

Zombo

He didn't specify just this year you guys stopped being an easy win you just grabbed that out of no where.

I agree with 1. You need to come to terms with this:

I, the person talking to you, had nothing to do with what happened to the Browns. I'm sorry it happened, but was I supposed to not be happy we finally got a team after we lost ours and our history and namesake many years previously? And after we'd lost hope we'd ever get a team because of the asshole Redskins owner who didn't want competition made sure we were passed over for any expansion, we finally had a team again. It happened at Cleveland's expense but it worked out better than any other team leaving a city in the entire history of the NFL. You lost that current team but not the actual Browns.

Jesus does this have to happen every time a Ravens fan comes to this board? It's over guys. It's been over. It sucked balls and they got the better end of it but it's over. Does this happen every time a colts fan goes to the ravens forum?

No Cysko, we have several very regular Colts posters we get along with.

Now there are always a few outliers who will never refer to the Colts as anything but "The team from Indianapolis", but other than that it's civil.

Ravens need to take a hint and not draft anymore players named Ray...Lol

And Ravens fans need to take a hint and understand:

#1) They are Cleveland fans rivals, therefore many of us dont WANT to be civil or talk football with you. That will never change(hint hint)

#2) We dont care about Indy fans or how they interact with Baltimore fans. Just because Baltimore rolled over and took it in the ass, doesn't mean we're willing to do the same. The reason we still have our colors is ONLY because BROWNS fans weren't taking it and stepped up

#3) We aren't gonna kiss and be friends just because some time has passed. The Ravens(and their fans) can kiss my ass. And I sure as hell wouldn't go to a steelers board and act all girlish because they dont like me. I would expect them to not like me. Thats how it goes.

#4) Finally, If you come here as a "rep" for Baltimore and the Ravens(and you do), then dont try to separate yourself from them. Accept your team for what it is. Stolen from Cleveland. And accept that people in Cleveland still feel the sting. And accept that YOU choose to represent that team here. So, take it or leave. But dont act as if we dont have the right, in our own house, to be angry about it. Or direct our anger toward Ravens fans who like to hang at Browns boards and want us to act as if we're long lost friends.

I, the person talking to you, had nothing to do with what happened to the Browns. I'm sorry it happened, but was I supposed to not be happy we finally got a team after we lost ours and our history and namesake many years previously? And after we'd lost hope we'd ever get a team because of the asshole Redskins owner who didn't want competition made sure we were passed over for any expansion, we finally had a team again. It happened at Cleveland's expense but it worked out better than any other team leaving a city in the entire history of the NFL. You lost that current team but not the actual Browns.

Actually, Cleveland did much better the last time a team left here.

FYI, the Rams won the 1945 NFL title....and then left for LA the following year.

But then the Browns came in.......and they won 5 consecutive titles....and played in 10 consecutive title games winning 7...making Cleveland having won 8 championships in the course of 11 years. And 7 of those were by the Browns.

Needless to say, this time around we didn't do so well.

So let's not talk about how good things turned out, OK?

I manage not to blow up on every Colts fan who comes and politely talks me. Many of us do.

So, your answer implies that several others of you DO blow up on Indy Colts fans.

Ergo, it seems, you are getting the same treatment here that your ilk give Indy Colts fans. Some of you are polite, some of you are not. Some of us are polite, some of us are not.

Same both places apparently. I see no cause for you to complain about equal treatment.

And Ravens fans need to take a hint and understand:

#1) They are Cleveland fans rivals, therefore many of us dont WANT to be civil or talk football with you. That will never change(hint hint)

#2) We dont care about Indy fans or how they interact with Baltimore fans. Just because Baltimore rolled over and took it in the ass, doesn't mean we're willing to do the same. The reason we still have our colors is ONLY because BROWNS fans weren't taking it and stepped up

Actually, that has nothing to do with it. We still have the Browns because of the work of good lawyers. Its true. The lease was written to require Browns games for the terms of it to be played in CMS. A court awarded specific performance of that obligation in its ruling. Just telling you the facts.

We fans like to think we had something to do with it.....but we didn't.

#3) We aren't gonna kiss and be friends just because some time has passed. The Ravens(and their fans) can kiss my ass. And I sure as hell wouldn't go to a steelers board and act all girlish because they dont like me. I would expect them to not like me. Thats how it goes.

#4) Finally, If you come here as a "rep" for Baltimore and the Ravens(and you do), then dont try to separate yourself from them. Accept your team for what it is. Stolen from Cleveland. And accept that people in Cleveland still feel the sting. And accept that YOU choose to represent that team here. So, take it or leave. But dont act as if we dont have the right, in our own house, to be angry about it. Or direct our anger toward Ravens fans who like to hang at Browns boards and want us to act as if we're long lost friends.

That said, all of what you say above is fair.

"""""Actually, that has nothing to do with it. We still have the Browns because of the work of good lawyers. Its true. The lease was written to require Browns games for the terms of it to be played in CMS. A court awarded specific performance of that obligation in its ruling. Just telling you the facts.

We fans like to think we had something to do with it.....but we didn't."""""

Thats ok. Im just a delusional fan. The facts really mean nothing to me. ;)

No matter what the reason is, that our colors stayed, the Browns fans stepped up like no other fans in history. Period.

Gip, obviously I know the idiot fired Belichick.

Zombo

Again, we didn't take ALL of the management.

You can be bitter about it all you want, but to just flat out rude to us because we root for that team isn't necessary.

Is there a way to word it perfectly so that you can sleep better?

Modell moved everything he could, and Baltimore welcomed every bit of it with open arms.

It's not "necessary" I be rude, maybe I'm just tired of giving you dumbfucks history lessons every time you step in here. You make those idiot Pittsburgh towel wavers look like Mensa candidates.

Zombo

we didn't steal everything, we left the name and history,

You didn't leave anything. Cleveland Browns fans DEMANDED that the names, history and colors stay, you didn't have a choice in the matter. They could have been the Baltimore Browns and you fuckers would have rooted for them.

It "worked out better" because, after we were blindsided we worked hard to restore what was ours. It doesn't change the fact you, the person I am talking to, is a dirty whore for rooting for them.

Zombo

ravens509, you'll just have to get used to it if you insist on coming here. Like Z said, 3 years out of business and 15 years of struggling (of which this year, finally, it appears we have started to get back on our feet). Your fans reaped the benefits at our fans expense. If we are finally turning the corner, that's 18 years. Some have gotten over it, some never will. I say in turn they should be given at least the next 18 years of showing bitterness and resentment towards you and your fans.

Or eff it...let them hate you forever. Like you said, some Baltimore fans won't even call them the Indy Colts. And it's been what...30 years now?

ravens509, you'll just have to get used to it if you insist on coming here. Like Z said, 3 years out of business and 15 years of struggling (of which this year, finally, it appears we have started to get back on our feet). Your fans reaped the benefits at our fans expense. If we are finally turning the corner, that's 18 years. Some have gotten over it, some never will. I say in turn they should be given at least the next 18 years of showing bitterness and resentment towards you and your fans.

Or eff it...let them hate you forever. Like you said, some Baltimore fans won't even call them the Indy Colts. And it's been what...30 years now?

It is a very small amount that haven't moved on from the Colts. And even those who haven't moved on, manage to treat the fans that come onto our board with the dignity and respect that all human beings deserve. It's just football, and to give someone a hard time just because of what team they like (beyond the normal all in good fun kind of riding of one another). it's just not necessary and deludes the quality of online talk forums where the focus should really be on the football.

Not naïve enough as to expect no animosity from Cleveland, but there's a difference between showing disdain for another's team and the actions of the team and then taking it personally and attacking the person themself.

Archived