THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Thursday.

The Gipper

Here is this week's survey poll. Give your opinion.

1. Ben Tate griping about not getting his carries? Should he get more carries?

2. Brian Hoyer says Ryan Mallet has the strongest arm he has ever seen....but we have not seen any of him really. Which QB had the strongest arm you ever saw? (past or present)

3. The Indians Corey Kluber won the Cy Young award. Deserved?

4. In case you did not know certain well known characters were actually based on real people. These include the likes of Indiana Jones, Dirty Harry, Zorro, The Dude, Snape, Kramer, and Popeye.

What real person do you know or know of that would make a good subject for a movie/TV character?

5. Give what you think are like your top 5 favorite performances by an actress in a comedy role.

He'll get plenty as the weather turns. didn't sound like griping to me, glad he wants the ball.

2. Brian Hoyer says Ryan Mallet has the strongest arm he has ever seen....but we have not seen any of him really. Which QB had the strongest arm you ever saw? (past or present)

Billy Joe Toliver

Sure.

4. In case you did not know certain well known characters were actually based on real people. These include the likes of Indiana Jones, Dirty Harry, Zorro, The Dude, Snape, Kramer, and Popeye.

What real person do you know or know of that would make a good subject for a movie/TV character?

Ghoolie

5. Give what you think are like your top 5 favorite performances by an actress in a comedy role.

Judy Holliday in anything she did. Kristen Wiig was good in Bridesmaids.

Mae West, Lucille Ball, Goldie Hawn in just about anything.

And give it up for Marylin Monroe in Some Like it Hot.

"The Heat" ... not a great movie, but Melissa McCarthy was funny as hell.

Zombo

Im not sure he's really griping. Personally, Id like to see "someone" get a game or two, rather than the constant rotation. And he was brought in to be the man. So yes, I think he deserves more carries .But if someone else has beaten him out, then play THAT guy.

Hmmm. For a Browns QB, it would have to be Vinnie Testeverde.

All time? Maybe Daunte Culpepper or Jeff George

Of course.

Jeffery Dahmer meets Godzilla.....and eats him!

I like em funny AND hot, so Ill pick:

#1 Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality.

#2 Marisa Tomie in My Cousin Vinny

#3 Teri Garr in Young Frankenstein

#4 Madeline Kahn in Blazing Saddles

#5 Susan Sarandon in Rocky Horror

I am fine with his role. He was the featured back until he got hurt & Mack got hurt; now the coaching staff is adjusting. Be happy Ben, we're 6-3.

Len Dawson or John Elway

yes- he was clutch down the stretch, while felix wasn't

He should shut up and run

That's a tough one But for Me.. it's a toss up between Elway and Joe Namath.

I guess so

My Father.. He was the epitome of Macho and coolness.

Gilda Radner

Lily Tomlin

Ruth Buzzi

Carol Leifer

Carol Burnette..

Also.. an honorable mention has to go to JoAnne Worley.. She was hilarious in her own right.

Couldn't think of specific roles.. but I gave you My top five commedienne's

I am fine with his role. He was the featured back until he got hurt & Mack got hurt; now the coaching staff is adjusting. Be happy Ben, we're 6-3.

Len Dawson or John Elway

yes- he was clutch down the stretch, while felix wasn't

Len Dawson did not have a strong arm by any means.. he was more like Montana in arm strength

For this week, yea, why not. He has extra incentive so he should be raring to go. Plus he has to back up his mouth. Pound him until he bleeds, then let the rookies clean up for him

Elway is on the list clearly. Bradshaw too. And Favre. Marino and Namath had the quickest deliveries....but I am not sure about super arm strength...though they were by no means weak.

Going back....they didn't call him the Mad Bomber for nothing....Daryl Lamonica.

Of course, big arm QBs can be the biggest busts: Jamarcus Russell, Jeff George. Jay Cutler is the new age Jeff George. Brandon Weeden....hell of a strong arm....but that's it.

Three others that make probably Top Ten Lists: Bert Jones, Doug Williams, Randall Cunningham, Sonny Jurgenson

But #1: Elway.

Any Tribesman that wins an award deserves it. clearly.

My cousin (second cousin) Alan Deere. RAF fighter pilot. One of "The Few". Shot down 9 times and got back in the saddle every time. Later worked directly with The Queen as military aide de camp. Led the RAF contingent at Winston Churchill's funeral.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Christopher_Deere

I will actually give a few more:

Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny

Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality

Frances McDormand in Fargo

Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde

Rene Zellwegger in Chicago

Jamie Lee Curtis in True Lies

Geena Davis in A League of their Own

Melanie Griffith in Working Girl

Anne Hathaway in The Princess Diaries.

Len Dawson did not have a strong arm by any means.. he was more like Montana in arm strength

He once threw a ball from his goal line to the opposite 20 yard line. 80 yards in the air, I'd say that's pretty damn strong.

He once threw a ball from his goal line to the opposite 20 yard line. 80 yards in the air, I'd say that's pretty damn strong.

wasn't his bread and butter.. he played mostly a short pasing game.. KC wasn't known for being a mad bombing team like the raiders.. maybe the wind helped.. Randall Cuningham had a strong arm and was known to sling it 70 yrads downfield.

Gotta understand the frustration, but he shouldn't get more carries.

Kyle Boller could trow it farther and harder than any qb I've seen......right into the hands of the opposing defense.

For NOT griping? No... but he should get more swing passes.

Probably Favre... but Jeff George might be close.

From the couple times I saw him... yes. Great command...

Wait... The Dude was real?

Gena Davis............ League of Their Own
Katharine Hepburn..... Bringing Up Baby
Claudette Colbert..... It Happened One Night
Marilyn Monroe........ Some Like It Hot
Meryl Strep........... Defending Your Life

Seriously Raven fan? You have no opinions about anything not involving football?

Maybe you are just too used to the Gestapo types that run your Ravens forum. Yes, we CAN go off topic here if we choose.

And we CAN go medieval here if we want. George Carlin would neither be banned nor censored here.

When I go on to the occasional other chat board (no sports), I have to catch myself from remembering that I am not on here.

Seriously Raven fan? You have no opinions about anything not involving football?

Maybe you are just too used to the Gestapo types that run your Ravens forum. Yes, we CAN go off topic here if we choose.

And we CAN go medieval here if we want. George Carlin would neither be banned nor censored here.

When I go on to the occasional other chat board (no sports), I have to catch myself from remembering that I am not on here.

It's not that. I'm not a big baseball fan, just casually follow the Orioles. And I don't even know five actresses by name, let alone watch a lot of movies.

To question 4, one of those "documentary" comedy shows like The Office and Parks and Recreation based on my shop would be a huge hit.

1. Ben Tate griping about not getting his carries? Should he get more carries? He made some selfish comments in the preseason and making some now. Its not about you brah.

2. Brian Hoyer says Ryan Mallet has the strongest arm he has ever seen....but we have not seen any of him really. Which QB had the strongest arm you ever saw? (past or present) John Elway, past. Matt Stafford, present.

3. The Indians Corey Kluber won the Cy Young award. Deserved? Stopped watching baseball after the strike.

The other questions were gay.

I sense a certain lack of security in your own sexuality. Are you afraid that if you answer a question about funny actresses and people you would like to see them make movie about that people would think you are a homo?

I mean....you are here because of your hardon for JFF. No answer you give to these questions will be considered more gay than that.

Archived